NCAA 2K

bctrackboi11

The Boston College Eagles. Pete Frates is a former player who passed away this previous offseason due to ALS. The whole team wore the first set pictured here during an exhibition against the Red Sox last year, and will be wearing the small "PF3" patch seen on the other jerseys. Also seen here is a 1949 throwback, as seen on the Ebbets Field Flannels website. 

Major League Baseball 2K12 2_17_2020 10_36_33 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 2_17_2020 10_37_16 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 2_17_2020 11_10_05 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 2_17_2020 11_12_47 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 2_17_2020 11_16_51 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 2_17_2020 11_21_03 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 2_17_2020 11_24_20 PM.png

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from the holidays. Happy New Year!

Looking good.

As far as the roster goes, picking up from where I left off, the roster and the excel file I think just needs some minor tuning to release "final" versions for the college mod. Adding in the unis and stuff would be just copy and pasting to get a done file for release of the mod.

Attached are the latest files. For demo purposes, I added the 2019 MLB file with the latest 2019 stats (thru the playoffs). Every player who appeared in 2019 is in it.

The college files that I will be updating are attached.

Let me know if you think anything should be done and I will add it to the list.

I have done unis in the past so time permitting I could maybe help there as well.

Roster4MLB2019.ROS Roster8 NCAA.ROS Roster8 College.ROS

On 2/9/2020 at 6:33 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

My thoughts exactly. I'm guessing the appearance ID is tied to a manager or coach. Gonna dig further.

They are tied into managers/coaches. I fixed that using my latest roster files I attached. Should be cleaned up if you follow the ids in the rosters I attached. I also account for this in my latest excel file I use to create the rosters.  I attached the latest excel file zipped. Still no real instructions yet though. Nor can you create players or teams one at a time yet. I would like to add that capability back in later.

MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator Template v2002.zip

FYI - I did find a crash playing the Washington Nationals in the MLB2019 roster. That's likely because I was messing with them in my excel file. I will find the fix for it.

Off topic briefly.... for those who read there's a great book someone gave me called "The Love of Baseball" published by Publications International.

One of my favorite baseball books.

I think anyone at MVPMods would like it too. You could do an Internet search to find it I guess.

A few things. Welcome back by the way! Glad to still have you onboard. Let me know which uniforms you were thinking of doing. Still plenty to knock out, and I can send you the templates I use. I have been collecting photos and have a link to a reliable database of just about every single jersey worn in college baseball in the past couple of years: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I90g_jBjDoSQFJjGsnwVAkg7ZA0JIFIA There are some new uniforms out there but this is pretty accurate for a base level.

Also. Those sliders are dope.                                                                                    

Now for the rosters. I'd like to request that the exhibition version of the roster has the teams in alphabetical order, with the exception of the Japan, USA, and other all star/legend teams that MUST remain in ID numbers 120 (USA), 121 (Japan),  122 (BC9 Elites), 123 (MVP Modders), 124 (All Americans), and 125 (Legends). 126-129 are created team slots and I'd like to leave those blank, perhaps for additional classic or all star teams. Attached is what I was playing with in the last version of your roster from a few weeks back. I experimented with pasting some uniform references in, assigned some generic face ids, changed some generated names, modified some equipment, and put the teams in alphabetical order as I'd prefer. Only two teams are playable, Boston College and Alabama A&M. This is the order I'd like to see, and the 100% final list of teams. For real this time. 

As for the franchise roster, here is my idea. We can take the top 30 teams and put them as MLB teams 1-30. Then in the 52 game schedule, we can schedule the spring training games as exhibition games against teams at the lower levels. That is, the other teams are at AAA and spring training is just those teams playing against the MLB teams. Similar to what actually happens in college ball as this time of year is when you see teams like Eastern Kentucky travel down to LSU and such. @Kccitystar I know you have dug deep into scheduling, do you know if this is possible? I am going to come up with the list of the top 30 teams I'd like to have in franchise mode and we can go from there. Thoughts? 

Roster9NCAA.ROS

I'm happy to help you, Your doing an amazing job!

I imagine we should divide doing the unis up somehow. I look to see whats done and where to start?

I think the sliders really help the gameplay. I like the flow of the gameplay using those sliders with how the ratings are setup. The ratings are designed to all be relative to each other....since its a physics based game(sort of) then i kinda used the idea of making all the physical elements relative to each other, thinking it might create a more "realistic" flow of the game. The idea is also i did not have to adjust any ratings to increase the realism. Example, I think the defensive anticipation of players is more realistic instead of adjusting the anticipation rating itself. I think its working???

I will work on want to you want with the rosters ( and scheduling) to see what the game allows me to do. I like your ideas. It will take some experimenting and I will let you know.

16 minutes ago, jack805td said:

I'm happy to help you, Your doing an amazing job!

I imagine we should divide doing the unis up somehow. I look to see whats done and where to start?

I think the sliders really help the gameplay. I like the flow of the gameplay using those sliders with how the ratings are setup. The ratings are designed to all be relative to each other....since its a physics based game(sort of) then i kinda used the idea of making all the physical elements relative to each other, thinking it might create a more "realistic" flow of the game. The idea is also i did not have to adjust any ratings to increase the realism. Example, I think the defensive anticipation of players is more realistic instead of adjusting the anticipation rating itself. I think its working???

I will work on want to you want with the rosters ( and scheduling) to see what the game allows me to do. I like your ideas. It will take some experimenting and I will let you know.

OK. I'll create a spreadsheet on Google Drive that you can see. As for the sliders, I definitely have a few more errors and difficult defense isn't easy to pull off...as it should be lol

On 2/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, jack805td said:

The spreadsheet would be great.

The sliders could be adjusted further to get the results "exact" or closer to what they should be.

Yep. Difficult defense should be difficult, huh? Errors might be too high too.

Yeah, tossed a few into the dugout. My 8 year old son loved taking advantage of it against me. 😆

Anyway, here's that spreadsheet. Just let me know which ones you do end up working on. Yellow highlighted ones are what I'm working on right now. I'm using @Umachines templates.

EDIT: While cleaning out my Google Drive, I seem to have accidentally deleted the file. Rebuilding it. Standby.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:33 AM, bctrackboi11 said:

@Kccitystar I know you have dug deep into scheduling, do you know if this is possible? I am going to come up with the list of the top 30 teams I'd like to have in franchise mode and we can go from there. Thoughts?

The game structures their schedules in two parts: Regular season and Spring Training. Games can be cut from 162 (full season) to 104 games, or 52 games. If we're doing a full season, I'd like to think that we can make that an indefinite length as long as it doesn't overlap Spring Training, although this year I'm just taking some time to figure it all out.

I've uploaded a fixed MLB demo file since I found a couple of bugs. I am using this file for tweaks then I will integrate them into the NCAA files.

I toned down the errors somewhat. Will keep looking at the sliders as we go.

I also started instructions with the excel file.

MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator Template v2003.xlsb Roster4MLB2019.ROS Difficulty Sliders1.SLD

On 2/23/2020 at 10:54 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

Yeah, tossed a few into the dugout. My 8 year old son loved taking advantage of it against me. 😆

Anyway, here's that spreadsheet. Just let me know which ones you do end up working on. Yellow highlighted ones are what I'm working on right now. I'm using @Umachines templates.

EDIT: While cleaning out my Google Drive, I seem to have accidentally deleted the file. Rebuilding it. Standby.

Cool. Love that your son loved it!

10 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

The game structures their schedules in two parts: Regular season and Spring Training. Games can be cut from 162 (full season) to 104 games, or 52 games. If we're doing a full season, I'd like to think that we can make that an indefinite length as long as it doesn't overlap Spring Training, although this year I'm just taking some time to figure it all out.

Sounds good. When I get done with some of this other stuff I will start looking at the schedules too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, bctrackboi11 said:

Preview of the New Mexico Lobos. AAAC is actually Isotopes Park where they have played many times over the years, so that is another stadium we have. Going to put a list of stadiums up shortly. 

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_4_2020 1_07_53 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_4_2020 1_09_46 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_4_2020 1_10_40 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_4_2020 1_10_59 PM.png

You are doing the lords work...amazing. Cannot wait for this to drop and the effort and hours of hard work is well appreciated.!

Update. Working on trying to build something close to Omaha using Busch as a base. Unfortunately, I found that if you try to move the light models around in blender, this happens. So either I go back to the drawing board with a different stadium or accept that it can only be played in the daytime. Also, knocked out College of Charleston really quickly as I progress through the uniforms. Still accepting any and all help. 

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_10_2020 11_31_27 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_10_2020 11_31_54 PM (1).png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_10_2020 11_31_54 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_10_2020 11_41_10 AM.png

6 hours ago, jack805td said:

Great stuff. I gotta tackle some other stuff before I take a look at unis.... nice to be busy 🙂

I heard that. Take your time and make sure to check that tracker so we don't end up doing the same uniform. Previews of Arizona State below. By the way, turns out Spring Training 2 is loosely based on their stadium (Phoenix Municipal) so I'll be tackling that ballpark next. 🙂

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2020 12_30_17 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2020 12_34_22 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2020 12_37_47 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2020 12_41_38 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2020 12_53_35 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2020 12_56_02 PM.png

Archived