NCAA 2K

bctrackboi11

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't need a list of real player head IDs. Already went though that. I assigned "create a player" head shapes to all players and randomized them. We can always go back in and add any specific ones that someone wants to create.

Here's the latest roster file. The main focus was randomizing head shapes, appearances and equipment. I am fine tuning things like the frequency of beards, colors, etc.

In this file unis and logos are all set to use 2k unis and logos...this is only for the time being.

I am also fine tuning the audio so don't pay too much attention to the announcers referencing teams.

I will re-arrange the teams and add the extra teams, add unis ids if u guys want, and can work on the logos when I'm ready.

There will be two versions of the roster. One version will work for play now mode, and the other for all modes.

For FYI purposes, and not actually for this mod directly, I also attached two other roster files using MLB stats for 2018 and 1950. If you have any ideas to implement from these let me know.

After I add instructions, I will post the excel and access files so you guys can tinker with them if you want to. I'm just waiting until I get them to the point where I think they are ready to post. I am adding some features to them and always fine tuning them.
"

Roster8 NCAA.ROS Roster4MLB2018.ROS Roster4MLB1950.ROS

On 9/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

Experimenting with stadiums continues. I have zero knowledge of how to move things around so the handful of stadiums we have won't be 100% accurate, but they will be fairly decent representations.

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_27_2019 3_29_24 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_27_2019 3_29_59 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_27_2019 3_31_00 PM.png

Im ashamed of my progress and then you drop this aawsomeness. Its the little details that makes it feel like a NCAA game. Very nice work as always

FYI. Using Red MC, you can take the "vista" data from one ballpark and overwrite it into another. This allows for some flexibility as I create a few new stadiums. Here's the SF Bay in what I will be modding to be Jackie Robinson Ballpark in Daytona. Anybody with experience moving objects around (like DaSteelers if you are reading this), please chime in.

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_29_2019 2_10_46 AM.png

First previews of Jackie Robinson Ballpark in Daytona Beach, FL. Home of the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, the MEAC Championship, and the Single-A Daytona Tortugas. Obviously have some tweaks to do as I notice the tops and bottoms of most ads are cut off. Yes, that is a second scoreboard to the left of the big scoreboard. The Tortugas put in a giant video board directly next to the old hand operated scoreboard, which has remained in place.

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_30_2019 12_25_11 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_30_2019 12_28_09 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_30_2019 12_31_27 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_30_2019 12_32_35 AM.png

Having some struggles with Blender. Editing City Park (g02), moving around a few things (ads mostly). First image is Blender, second image is after being exported from Blender. Note that a few of the changes, while visible in Blender, seemed to not register at all or are a bit offset. Any idea what the issue is and how to fix it?

Blender [D__MLB Mods_NCAA_Stadiums_NEW_EKU_TurkeyHughes.blend] 10_12_2019 6_06_49 PM.png

NBA2K-2012 Mod Tool 0.198 10_12_2019 5_56_28 PM.png

1 hour ago, WithAuthority said:

Thanks so much for working on this. Just wondering how you were able to avoid getting the franchise crashes while doing this much editing? It seems any time I modded a roster, I got the spring training or draft crash. Any info on how to avoid this would be appreciated!

Hey! Long time since I've seen you online around these parts. I honestly haven't worked at all with trying to run a franchise or anything. However I think the plan is to have a couple different versions of the roster, one for Quick Game mode, another for franchise. For franchise I was thinking of something like the top 30 ranked teams. I haven't got that far personally as I am the lone person working on graphics/uniforms/stadiums, but jack0825 is doing some awesome work tinkering around with that. 

On 10/12/2019 at 6:21 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

Having some struggles with Blender. Editing City Park (g02), moving around a few things (ads mostly). First image is Blender, second image is after being exported from Blender. Note that a few of the changes, while visible in Blender, seemed to not register at all or are a bit offset. Any idea what the issue is and how to fix it?

Blender [D__MLB Mods_NCAA_Stadiums_NEW_EKU_TurkeyHughes.blend] 10_12_2019 6_06_49 PM.png

NBA2K-2012 Mod Tool 0.198 10_12_2019 5_56_28 PM.png

Off the top of my head not sure what the issue(s) are... i will play with it some to see what if i can come up with why...may not be able to look at it for a little while thou.....still working on the roster...besides regular life too :)

On 10/17/2019 at 12:01 AM, bctrackboi11 said:

Hey! Long time since I've seen you online around these parts. I honestly haven't worked at all with trying to run a franchise or anything. However I think the plan is to have a couple different versions of the roster, one for Quick Game mode, another for franchise. For franchise I was thinking of something like the top 30 ranked teams. I haven't got that far personally as I am the lone person working on graphics/uniforms/stadiums, but jack0825 is doing some awesome work tinkering around with that. 

The plan is to create 2 versions of it.

In the excel file I created I really need to document what I did...that would be the best way to explain everything. I plan to get that done as soon as I can.

I purposely created this with the intention of making it crash free. There are a lot of reasons why the roster file would crash in exhibition mode and/or franchise mode.

I think the roster template I created is the end result of over 2 years of looking at it.

Through a process of elimination I found out what would cause the file to crash, so certain things should not be touched or changed. Example, don't change the appID or globalID numbers in this roster for starters. Certain accessory settings will crash it too, etc.

It won't crash in any mode after going through 30 franchise years.

The excel file I use is setup to generate a roster that is crash free with as little as possible manual labor. I will post a newer version of the excel file once I put in some explanations of how to use it.

Here's the latest stable base template that I use for the rosters. And the NCAA version setup for franchise play.

Roster4MLB2018.ROS Roster9NCAA.ROS

1 hour ago, jack805td said:

The plan is to create 2 versions of it.

In the excel file I created I really need to document what I did...that would be the best way to explain everything. I plan to get that done as soon as I can.

I purposely created this with the intention of making it crash free. There are a lot of reasons why the roster file would crash in exhibition mode and/or franchise mode.

I think the roster template I created is the end result of over 2 years of looking at it.

Through a process of elimination I found out what would cause the file to crash, so certain things should not be touched or changed. Example, don't change the appID or globalID numbers in this roster for starters. Certain accessory settings will crash it too, etc.

It won't crash in any mode after going through 30 franchise years.

The excel file I use is setup to generate a roster that is crash free with as little as possible manual labor. I will post a newer version of the excel file once I put in some explanations of how to use it.

Here's the latest stable base template that I use for the rosters. And the NCAA version setup for franchise play.

Roster4MLB2018.ROS 6.52 MB · 0 downloads Roster9NCAA.ROS 6.52 MB · 1 download

Can I change the Face IDs though? What accessory settings crash it? Lastly, how is the franchise set up?

Oops I forgot. You can change the face IDs. I will note which ones in the excel file....I can't remember off of the top of my head. I do know they have to fall in a certain range, for example (0,1,2) 3 would crash the game. The franchise is setup like the default MLB roster. with the stronger conferences at the MLB level, etc. For now I guess.

Archived