Super Mega Baseball 2 Gameplay Reveal

Kccitystar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's built anything like SMB1, you'd need a way into the game's files to expose all the graphics. But then, you could literally pop in and replace all the team logos. They look like pretty simple image files. Uniforms can probably be done pretty well with just the ingame editor. Player likenesses, again, if it has an editor like the first one had, that's just a question of playing with the cartoony options, stadiums would be impossible but the fun of a game like this is the cartoony settings. I imagine if the game could be cracked open it would have been done for the first one already.

The graphics are definitely cool, but how about gameplay? What's it like? Can it pass for a simulation or is it just plain arcade gaming?

I can see myself buying this, but I'm waiting for more feedback on gameplay.

1 hour ago, tinpanalley said:

What's the community to look at for this game. On reddit?

For now, yeah.

As more people buy this game, I'll open a forum up for SMB.

The development team that makes the game is small, and I feel like the site could really rally behind this game. They DO listen to their fans when it comes to suggestions/ideas for content, and we haven't had a 3D game to rally behind since 2K12.

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

For now, yeah.

As more people buy this game, I'll open a forum up for SMB.

The development team that makes the game is small, and I feel like the site could really rally behind this game. They DO listen to their fans when it comes to suggestions/ideas for content, and we haven't had a 3D game to rally behind since 2K12.

I agree.

Look, it's not a strategy, sim heavy, realism in a can experience. It's a fun game with quite good physics that feels smooth and somehow still permits ridiculous levels of customisation if you can just let go of the comic book look and have fun. Besides, the characters used to promo the game are all extreme caricatures, you can if my memory serves me correctly, make realistic looking players. So the stadiums are all silly, so what. The Show level realism isn't what this game is for. And neither was Baseball Stars, or RBI, or Power Pros and all of those were fun too.

No different camera angles and only 8 stadiums is a bummer

After playing it

As good as it is for what it is it makes me wish that rbi baseball 18 had a pitching cam. if rbi baseball had a pitching cam we'd be happier i think

Downloading now...SMB1 was awesome imo, and I'm guessing 2 is even better based on what they have tweaked. Its a "lite sim" wrapped in kiddie graphics. I cant wait to see what KC and the other great MVPmods guys can do with this!

Looks as though there may be some sharing possible. The way things seem to work (for online play) is that there are no images or textures shared between players. All of the edits done with the in-game editor are shared simply using identifiers (image number, position, rotation, and scale data).  All of the customization you do is saved in a savedata.sav file.  This file is a zlib compressed sqlite db file, so it's only a matter of time before sharing will commence.

22 minutes ago, andygev35 said:

Looks as though there may be some sharing possible. The way things seem to work (for online play) is that there are no images or textures shared between players. All of the edits done with the in-game editor are shared simply using identifiers (image number, position, rotation, and scale data).  All of the customization you do is saved in a savedata.sav file.  This file is a zlib compressed sqlite db file, so it's only a matter of time before sharing will commence.

very good news until then i wait

2 hours ago, andygev35 said:

giphy.gif

Don't be fooled by the cartoony graphics... By far the best baseball game ever made.  The ego difficulty system is sheer brilliance. You can go from an arcade experience to full-on sim. Moreover, I can play with my son, him on a low ego setting and me on a higher one.. thereby ensuring a fun/great experience for both.

Best game ever. Period

2 hours ago, profit89 said:

Don't be fooled by the cartoony graphics... By far the best baseball game ever made.  The ego difficulty system is sheer brilliance. You can go from an arcade experience to full-on sim. Moreover, I can play with my son, him on a low ego setting and me on a higher one.. thereby ensuring a fun/great experience for both.

Best game ever. Period

The ego system is so awesome and probably the most innovative feature in baseball video games, period. There's also drop-in, drop-out co-op for those with friends/significant others on the couch, but that's a different story.

The best way I can explain Ego mode for you guys who haven't been exposed to SMB is that it's a mashup between increasing the difficulty as a whole and increasing the difficulty on specific aspects of your game so it's still challenging but fun at the same time.

It's like as if the main difficulty settings in MVP and the slider settings in MVP had a child.

A good example would be if you're a really good hitter and you mash the ball consistently on a high overall ego, but you suck as a pitcher. Why not make pitching easier for you, and the hitting a little more challenging? That's totally doable.

Finding the BEST Ego setting really is a meta-game within SMB, since you're constantly refining it.

3 hours ago, profit89 said:

Best game ever. Period

This could easily be the best game ever but that goes to breath of the wild

that said missing the mlb license hurts this game

Archived