Super Mega Baseball 2 Gameplay Reveal

Kccitystar

It looks like the team has finally announced a release date of May 1 for all current-gen consoles and they've dropped this video up top as the launch date approaches.

Gameplay looks like the love child of MVP and Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for N64 to be honest.

I'm definitely buying this multiple times. It looks like it's going to be a hit. Pun intended.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, andygev35 said:

It's too bad they can't use MLB teams and likenesses... THAT would be a fun way to kill some time.  Gameplay looks great, not sold on the bobble-heads yet.

It's supposed to have a lot of customization potential.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really kinda diggin this game so far.  Relatively intuitive controls, fun gameplay... I like it.  Obviously it's not for the purists or sim players, but fun nonetheless.  Not sure about modding anything at this point, all files appear to be in a proprietary .mt format.

1 hour ago, andygev35 said:

I'm really kinda diggin this game so far.  Relatively intuitive controls, fun gameplay... I like it.  Obviously it's not for the purists or sim players, but fun nonetheless.  Not sure about modding anything at this point, all files appear to be in a proprietary .mt format.

I think there is a lot you can accomplish with the in-game editor. As for actual modding, you'll probably have to wait until someone comes up with the tools for it. If that is even possible.

2 minutes ago, sabugo said:

I think there is a lot you can accomplish with the in-game editor. As for actual modding, you'll probably have to wait until someone comes up with the tools for it.

I've just been having some fun smashing the ball, haven't really delved into any options for customization, editor, etc.  Sounds like a lot of work if someone wanted to create actual MLB teams/schedules/players... 

Just now, andygev35 said:

I've just been having some fun smashing the ball, haven't really delved into any options for customization, editor, etc.  Sounds like a lot of work if someone wanted to create actual MLB teams/schedules/players... 

This game is 1 day old - not even that. Maybe it is a bit too soon to talk about moddin.

Holy crap the in-game editor is very detailed.  You can create all of the teams/players in MLB now, along with cartoonish avatars of each player.  It would be fantastic if there were a way to import images to use as logos for uniforms, hats, etc within the editor.

Archived