Jump to content
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
BallFour

BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

Recommended Posts

As mentioned in the shoutbox, I'll try to post some preview photos of MVP 1998 when I get home from work tonight. I'll be modding every stadium to a more 1998 feel, so this is just going to be a blanket disclaimer - I've taken all of these stadiums from previously made mods. All the credit for the groundwork are by our fantastic MVP stadium modders (dennisjames71, MarlinsMY, Pirate, Rolie, and Sean O in particular). All I've done is replace some things and change some ads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it shouldn't be too hard to create custom frontend art for individuals. If you've got a favorite team and you want specific team custom frontend art, let me know and I'll create a special one just for you. I still haven't decided a default yet, but I can make team packs for those who desire it.

 

I'm guessing @Muller_11 wants an Astros pack, so if you can just gimme a shout and let me know if you want Randy Johnson included in that (he's starting with the Mariners in game), let me know.

 

@Yankee4Life will probably want a Yankees one. I can also make a Canadian edition, which would include stars for both the Blue Jays and Expos and feature other Canadian customizations (spelling things with the Queen's English for example. I'm happy to add this favour for you friends from the North). 

 

If there are any French speakers that would want a special Expos-only and French language text, répondez s'il vous plaît.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BallFour said:

As mentioned in the shoutbox, I'll try to post some preview photos of MVP 1998 when I get home from work tonight. I'll be modding every stadium to a more 1998 feel, so this is just going to be a blanket disclaimer - I've taken all of these stadiums from previously made mods. All the credit for the groundwork are by our fantastic MVP stadium modders (dennisjames71, MarlinsMY, Pirate, Rolie, and Sean O in particular). All I've done is replace some things and change some ads.

 

That's the right way to do it. Giving thanks and credit to other modders should always happen but we all know that's not the case.

 

34 minutes ago, BallFour said:

Also, it shouldn't be too hard to create custom frontend art for individuals. If you've got a favorite team and you want specific team custom frontend art, let me know and I'll create a special one just for you. I still haven't decided a default yet, but I can make team packs for those who desire it.

 

 

That's a nice thing you are thinking of doing and whatever your default is I am sure it will be good enough.

 

38 minutes ago, BallFour said:

 

 

@Yankee4Life will probably want a Yankees one.

 

Who told you? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a 1998 version of the Kingdome, complete with working jumbotron.

 

image.thumb.png.af464ed46a226dd56ea1d6e23594c990.png

1998 Ballpark in Arlington.

image.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Cinergy Field, with the retired numbers added beyond the left field wall.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to give you encouragement. I've been using a couple of your mega packs (uniforms and team names/etc), and have been enjoying them. Hope this gets done, can't wait to see it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 9:33 PM, BallFour said:

 

@Yankee4Life will probably want a Yankees one.

 

Make sure to include plenty of Jorge Posada photos in that one.  That will make Y4L's day . . .  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/4/2018 at 4:43 AM, BallFour said:

Here's a 1998 version of the Kingdome, complete with working jumbotron.

 

image.thumb.png.af464ed46a226dd56ea1d6e23594c990.png

 

On 30/4/2018 at 4:43 AM, BallFour said:

 

 

man I really love and miss the Kingdome, thanks for your hard work in this project Ballfour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

 

Make sure to include plenty of Jorge Posada photos in that one.  That will make Y4L's day . . .  :lol:

 

Hahahahaha You almost made me spill my coffee :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/4/2018 at 8:08 PM, BallFour said:

So I've got some fun news. I've managed to figure out how to tinker with bullpen positions and bullpen camera positions. I've adjusted Sean O's Fenway Park 1995 mod so that the pitchers are actually both contained in the bullpen rather than one straddling the wall. I'm going to work on Milwaukee County Stadium next, since it'll be a little more difficult. Rather than only making a small adjustment, I'll have to move them all the way across the field.

 

come on man, you´re my hero, oustanding, if you pull this thing off, I swear I´m going to play for the firt time ever a full season with your mod...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the datafile to line up the bullpens properly in Milwaukee County Stadium!!! It was a complete shot in the dark, but I finally managed to get the correct values. Now I just have to get the pitchers in the bullpens rather than off in the void. XD

 

 

homepen.jpg

visitorpen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just having trouble positioning the pitchers. Like, the cameras are fine, but I can't figure out how to move the pitchers. If anyone else would like to take a crack at it, let me know and I can send you the datafile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1998 Jacobs Field

 

image.thumb.png.1ffea79e8450a46053b10dd60784c9a9.png

 

1998 Kauffman Stadium

 

image.thumb.png.2801c0dca1c86f1b8eae3f5aac95d22b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Progress with County Stadium! I've finally figured out the code for the home bullpens!

 

homepen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting a bit of a wall with the visitors bullpens. If anyone cares to take a look, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...