BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

BallFour

17 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Let me throw this at you. If someone wanted to use the 1997 Indians or Marlins all they would have to do is load up the 1997 mod.

That's very true. I could just leave the Legends teams as is, because I've got nothing creative to put in those two slots. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BallFour said:

That's very true. I could just leave the Legends teams as is, because I've got nothing creative to put in those two slots. 

I can't think of anything either. Well, wait a second. The World Series roster for the Yankees and Padres was different from the one that you have in their slot, correct? My idea is if you can find the twenty-five man rosters for each team you could have World Series editions of the Yankees and Padres, provided they are not the same as what you have in their regular roster.  That way you would not have to worry about portraits. If this would be too much of the same thing then I apologize.

4 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I can't think of anything either. Well, wait a second. The World Series roster for the Yankees and Padres was different from the one that you have in their slot, correct? My idea is if you can find the twenty-five man rosters for each team you could have World Series editions of the Yankees and Padres, provided they are not the same as what you have in their regular roster.  That way you would not have to worry about portraits. If this would be too much of the same thing then I apologize.

Hmm... that's actually a really good idea. I know that the Padres picked up Jim Leyritz at the deadline, and the Yankees starting left field situation went from Tim Raines and human garbage Chad Curtis to Ricky Ledee and Shane Spencer. Very doable indeed. Thanks, Y4L!

18 minutes ago, BallFour said:

Hmm... that's actually a really good idea. I know that the Padres picked up Jim Leyritz at the deadline, and the Yankees starting left field situation went from Tim Raines and human garbage Chad Curtis to Ricky Ledee and Shane Spencer. Very doable indeed. Thanks, Y4L!

You're welcome. Unlike the current edition of Yankees I earn my multi-million dollar contract here at Mvpmods. :D

Put the '98 World Series teams in there, and then set the players to hidden. That way if you mistakenly choose to add hidden players in a Dynasty, you won't be getting two copies of, say, Bernie Williams. Was pretty simple. Just exported the two teams in MVPEdit, then imported the teams as an overwrite for the Legends and Heroes. Had to play around with some portraits (had to change the IDs for Jim Leyritz, Randy Myers, and John Vander Wal so that they'd appear in a Padres cap on this team and their other hats on the regular rosters).

But yeah, after that, it was a matter of going into LocLook and changing around the names on file there. Then I just overwrote the audio so that it'll say the team names instead of the MVP Legends and MVP Heroes teams.

• 2 weeks later...

In a case of "sacrifices need to be made", due to the sheer size of the uniform selections, I'm going to have to narrow things down for uni options in MVP 98. I've had to eliminate the throwback uniform options for MLB teams. Teams with alternate uniforms will still be able to wear those, and those teams that did use throwbacks in 1998 (the Angels, Padres, Brewers, Braves, and Cardinals) will still have theirs.

On 8/25/2018 at 6:20 PM, BallFour said:

In a case of "sacrifices need to be made", due to the sheer size of the uniform selections, I'm going to have to narrow things down for uni options in MVP 98. I've had to eliminate the throwback uniform options for MLB teams. Teams with alternate uniforms will still be able to wear those, and those teams that did use throwbacks in 1998 (the Angels, Padres, Brewers, Braves, and Cardinals) will still have theirs.

what kind of issues are you having with the size of the uniform selections?

1 minute ago, Homer said:

what kind of issues are you having with the size of the uniform selections?

I just found out lately that if I put too many uniforms in there, it crashes the game. Usually 10 is the max, but I've just trimmed things down to make the models.big file a little less. Alternatively, I could get rid of the alternates for Minor League teams. As of right now, every team throughout all four leagues that had an alternate uniform in real life has an alternate uniform in the game.

The ones I *can* tell you about, because I remember them....

*Tokyo Dome - by Salva

*Seibu Stadium - modded based on Hiram Bithorn because it didn't have a roof in 1998

*Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum - by Sean O

*Anaheim Stadium - by Sean O

*Jarry Park Stadium - by Dennisjames71

*Exhibition Stadium - by Sean O (hoping to upgrade to Dennisjames71's version soon)

*RFK Stadium - by Pirate

*Estadio Latinoamericano - by salva, edited by myself

*Estadio de Beisbol Monterrey - created by myself (original UCV stadium by salva)

*Estadio Hiram Bithorn - EA Sports original, edited by myself

*Arlington Stadium - by Sean O

*LA Wrigley Field - by Sean O

*Baltimore Memorial Stadium - by Dennisjames71

*Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium - by Pirate

*Cleveland Municipal Stadium - by dennisjames71

*Mile High Stadium - created by myself

I've edited all these stadiums to have a more modern crowd with team specific outfits (for example, Angels fans at LA Wrigley, Dodgers fans at LA Memorial Coliseum, Braves fans at Fulton County Stadium, etc.) Of course, if any modder objects to their stadiums being used, please let me know in a PM before release.

MVP Baseball 98 New Feature

"Don't Call it a Comeback"

ft_1998_ud_valenzuela.thumb.JPG.54970c0b8df805d9defda95a1d4ba30b.JPG

Ever wonder what would happen if the Roger Clemens/Brett Favre phenomenon started early? MVP Baseball 1998 will now feature recently retired players in the Free Agent pool!

Can Ryne Sandberg help out your team at second base? Do you need Eddie Murray's big bat in your lineup? Can Tony Pena help you out behind the plate? Want to get to know Bo?  They'll all be free agents at the start of the year, along with many more!

6 hours ago, Homer said:

what tool do you use to install uniforms?  there is a way to fit more than 10. You can actually fill all 15 slots for all teams at the mlb level.

It's not so much the uniforms as the uniform select screen causing things to crash. I just upload the new uniform file into the uniforms.big through BigGUI.

15 hours ago, BallFour said:

MVP Baseball 98 New Feature

"Don't Call it a Comeback"

ft_1998_ud_valenzuela.thumb.JPG.54970c0b8df805d9defda95a1d4ba30b.JPG

Ever wonder what would happen if the Roger Clemens/Brett Favre phenomenon started early? MVP Baseball 1998 will now feature recently retired players in the Free Agent pool!

Can Ryne Sandberg help out your team at second base? Do you need Eddie Murray's big bat in your lineup? Can Tony Pena help you out behind the plate? Want to get to know Bo?  They'll all be free agents at the start of the year, along with many more!

I´m freaking love it

6 hours ago, Homer said:

yeah it's the same issue. the mods i've worked on have include all uniform slots filled at the mlb level with no issues. the only tool i've found that installs it correctly is TIT.

Oh I gotcha. Do I have to do anything special with it? It's sounding like I"m going to need to export the files, edit them, and then zip them up and use TiT to install the .zip, correct?

you can do that too. I just wanted to let you know it was possible if you wanted to do it. the mod i have going has all uniform slots filled at the mlb level and then some. as long as you keep the models.big below 680mb it doesn't crash.

TIT just knows how to install all of the files if you name them correctly. It's how kraw programmed it. you have to name the files to their slots.  here's a screen shot of what i have for the Mariners.

Capture.JPG

Archived