BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

BallFour

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2019 at 1:04 AM, BallFour said:

Second picture is the actual video.

Looking Amazing Ballfour!!!

I know you put so much work into this and you should be very proud buddy ;)  Can't wait to play this on a Saturday afternoon sometime while having the Jay's game on in the background and a beer on the side!

12 hours ago, ratbones80 said:

Wow, you nailed 90's Camden Yards! Looking forward to this!

Thanks! I've also created Frontier Field for the Rochester Red Wings, which was the O's AAA affiliate back in the day. I figure you should get a kick out of that one as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Another update regarding a new feature I'm incorporating! More Japanese players! Since in a default MVP 1998, players like Ichiro, Hideki Matsui, and Hiroki Kuroda wouldn't be available, I'm going to place these guys in Single-A. I'll base their stats and ratings off their 1997 stats from NPB, which is a pretty decent approximation of what AAA ball would be. By putting them in Single-A, it won't be interfering with roster slots of guys that legitimately were in AAA at the time.

I've done the same for a few Cuban defectors as well, most notably Jose Contreras.

Because of this, I've jampacked the game with a ton of cyberfaces, not only from Japanese players, but from wherever I could find. I did a deep dive in the cyberface section, and came across some gems.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep finding ways to improve this mod. I purchased the Game Worn Guide, which is a WONDERFUL uniform related resource for those that are interested. Bill Henderson does an amazing job. I actually managed to find a proper letter/number font for a bunch of different teams.

So now, with totally accurate letters and numbers are...

*Anaheim Angels (Disney font)

*Kansas City Royals/Minnesota Twins (subtle tweaks to their number font)

*Toronto Blue Jays (proper colors for home and alts)

*LA Dodgers (proper font/color for front numbers)

*Chicago Cubs (proper letter fonts on all uniforms, era-accurate road jersey)

*Houston Astros (proper letters and numbers on alt/spring uniforms)

*Milwaukee Brewers (proper letter and numbers on all uniforms)

*Montreal Expos (proper lettering on all uniforms)

• 3 weeks later...

Progress Update:

• MLB teams now have accurate Batting, Pitching, and Fielding stats (with the exception of a few pitchers I need to grab batting stats for)
  • All minor league teams have accurate Batting stats. Just need to complete pitching and fielding
  • Players drafted in 1998 are with their respective teams (this includes draftees that did not sign, so for example, Mark Prior is on the Tampa Yankees, Barry Zito is on the Charlotte Rangers, etc.)
  • Undrafted free agents and international free agents from 1998 have been added to the free agent pool
  • Legends making a comeback - Bo Jackson, Nolan Ryan, Michael Jordan (added to free agent pool)
    • Why these guys and not George Brett or Ozzie Smith? Bo was forced to retire because of injury, Nolan Ryan might want to try to win a game in his 50s and become the only person in MLB history to start an MLB game in his teens, his 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s, and MJ is just MJ. He'll retire again next year anyway.
  • All 1997 retirees added to the free agent pool

12 minutes ago, laroquece said:

All I can said Ballfour, is thanks for this tremendous and hard working project  :hi:

Thanks for the encouragement! It's a slow project, but I love every second of it. I've learned so much about computer programming and design just by playing with this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BallFour said:

Progress update: Finished with AA rosters. Pitching, batting, running and fielding all done with 100% accurate AA rosters. #1 ranked team is the Shreveport Captains, AA affiliate of the San Francisco Giants.

Once again Ballfour a BIG thanks for this 1998 project, can´t wait for this great mod :clapping: 

Thanks! Last up will be Single-A, which will have 1998 draftees and future MLB players that are in the lower levels of the Minor Leagues back in 1998. I also included a bunch of "what-if's", so Mark Prior is with the Tampa Yankees and Barry Zito is with the Port Charlotte Rangers, since the Rangers drafted Zito and the Yankees drafted Prior in 1998 but neither signed.

38 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Ballfour what I like most about this thread besides your constant updates is your patience in making this mod. You're not rushed and that is how the best Total Classics mods are made. That's how Jim and Dennis do it all the time.

Thanks very much! Yeah, I definitely don't want to rush this. I'm going to create portraits for every player that made it to the majors, and I still have to work on audio, but the rosters are definitely the most labor intensive out of everything. So glad I'm 3/4 of the way there!

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty! Finished up the Single-A stats. The #1 team in Single-A is the St. Lucie Mets, mostly because they've got a few rehabbing players (Todd Hundley, Armando Reynoso, and Paul Wilson). Just have to finish up the stats on the free agent pools and then rosters will be complete!

7 hours ago, Gordo said:

If only you could put this on a resume .... and employer would kill for tenacity!

Ha! I'll have to put it on for my next promotion. I'm lucky enough to be working at my dream job now, but I'll have to mention it as a part of my hobbies.

Archived