Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
BallFour

BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

Thanks! The overlay in that demo still needs to be adjusted the best I'm able because it's technically the classic overlay. The game was played at the Seibu Dome, which used to be the Metropolitan Stadium classic stadium. The standard game overlay is much better.

Overlay is a bit weird, especially with the Yankees' background color making some text unreadable.

1 hour ago, bwburke94 said:

Overlay is a bit weird, especially with the Yankees' background color making some text unreadable.

This mod is not done yet and he is still making adjustments as he sees fit.

3 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

As Y4L said, it's still a work in progress. Also, in my previous post, I explained that it was an issue with the Classic Stadiums overlay and that it wouldn't appear in a game with a non-Classic stadium. I'm still working on playing with that overlay or using an overlay closer to the MVP Baseball 2005 default so that it can show up properly. Fear not! I will be sure to fix things before the release.

And yes, those stadiums are done by Salva, who did incredible work. However, because of an issue in the visual file, I may have to create my own versions of these stadiums. Otherwise, you'll see the Tampa Bay Rays logo in the dugouts in Seibu Dome. I'm a bit limited because of the errors.

I managed to make a couple fixes with the Seibu Dome! I was able to make it a little more true to life. You can really see outside when in the dome, so I added some scenery beyond the bleachers, and I fixed the color of the sliding pits to match the pitcher's mound.

image.thumb.png.928812afcb39144b4af058fd92289629.png

And here's the improved Classic Stadiums overlay:

image.thumb.png.88006ece10266b567481b94542a43ec0.png

image.thumb.png.0521c706972e65b12bab6808875a3b43.png

image.thumb.png.a83ff13a3447fbcaf27f485e50e66c30.png

That right there is a thing of beauty!! And as I said many times before, I am very happy you are taking your time with this. 🙂

17 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

That right there is a thing of beauty!! And as I said many times before, I am very happy you are taking your time with this. 🙂

Thanks very much for the encouragement! It means a lot!

Fixed up the Tokyo Dome as well, converting it from salva's 2004 ads to the ads used back in 2000 when the Mets played the Cubs.

tokyo.thumb.png.881934f422fd61591cea06dbd1bdfcf5.png

Did a little bit of fine tuning and searched the entire player database I'm working with. Found about 10 players that I inadvertently created twice. Usually it was just having the same player on both the AAA and AA team or something like that. But that's all fixed now! I also found a way to increase the number of letters allowable for a name! Unfortunately you can't do it in MVPEdit, but I found that editing all the database registries will allow you to have a longer name! I've successfully created Eric Stuckenschneider. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to show it in-game and it's especially difficult with the name on back! As you can see, I did get it to show up in MVPEdit, despite the cut-off in game and on the jersey.

image.thumb.png.a6d1c1fcfb0baa124715cce8e673ea81.png

screengrab.thumb.png.f1bf308bb430ddecb2502506ca51f18b.png

Just finished uniforms for every AA team. Like the MLB and AAA teams, I've offered as many selections as were available for each team. 

35 minutes ago, laroquece said:

This mod will be epic :hi:

I certainly hope so. Lord knows I've been working on it long enough (off and on for 12 years and counting...)