Umachines' Feedback Open Thread

Umachines

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I no longer live on the West Coast, I'm a huge Dodger fan, so I would love to see the NL West done next. And they are in first place too, hint, hint. :D

Also, I was just playing a game with your retro Pirates uniform, and I noticed that when Matt Lawton was on second base, it looks like he has a black with yellow striped cap on instead of a batting helmet. I am playing with the all black uniform. Just thought I would let you know.

As for which division you do, so long as you get around to the Dodgers, I really don't care which is next. Your work is awesome, so I can wait. :)

While I no longer live on the West Coast, I'm a huge Dodger fan, so I would love to see the NL West done next. And they are in first place too, hint, hint. :D

Actually, I was just playing a game with your retro Pirates uniform, and I noticed that the Pirate runner on the bases has a cap, with the stripes, instead of a batting helmet. I am playing with the all black uniform. Just thought I would let you know.

As for which division you do, so long as you get around to the Dodgers, I really don't care which is next. Your work is awesome, so I can wait. :)

Well, you know I already started with Braves pack since they were in 1st place in NL-East when I finished Pirates set. So take my word I'm going with NL-West when finishing this division. That leaves AL a bit far to finish.

The cap is a known issue wirth far view that forces the game to show the same graphic for cap and batting helmet on outfielders and runners boxes. Sometimes you can disimulate this, but it's harder with certain caps/helmets. Anyway, I've seen it myself for sencond time and I guess I could have done better...

Umachines,

I sure hope you didn't take my comment as putting your uniforms down. I didn't mean that at all. They are awesome! I didn't realize it was a known issue.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to the Dodgers and Angels.

I would love to see some AL west unis

It would be cool to see what you do for the A's

and would it be possible to put the home alternate in place of the road alternate.

The A's havn't worn those black jerseys in years.

Whichever division you do next (obviously in this case the NL East) that's fine with me UMachines. I've always liked your uniform sets and plan on downloading all of them anyway. Great job man, looking forward to the next ones!! :D

This is the preview for Atlanta Braves pack. I've just uploaded it:

UMBraves2005.jpg

Main, 70's and 80's retro and two extra uniforms in this one. Marlins are next.

Look amazing man great job! :mrgreen:

U,

any idea when the updated nationals set will be out? i really am looking forward to it since i use them for my owner mode.

First, turning catcher equipment main color to gray and making that nice goaly helmet. Perhaps a pinstripes uniform, like the concept KC made once the team name was known, last year. Thanks again for the sticky status, Ram.

About ATI Graphics cards:

I always had my doubts about my uniforms and ATI cards, since several people who report about the game crashing after installing them have that video card brand. So as my uniforms main target are those computers with good, but not necessary the best hardware for gaming experience, I made my own research and tried to purchase an ATI video card that matches the nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 where I test my files.

The chosen card was a Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB; a low cost yet still good card, if you are not sick for performance. I was not sure about the game behavior before removing the GeForce4 MX4000 (really cheap card, btw). Honestly, I didn't expect a very important performace leap. After seeing how the game actually crashed even while loading, I decided to download newer drivers (Catalyst 5.4) and discard the bundled ones (Catalyst 4.7, I guess); I think my kid is using the CD as skateboard right now.

The nice surprise was playing a full Red Sox vs Cardinals game, both teams wearing extra uniforms :D . I must accept game performance is, if not better, at least as good as with my FX5200 system. So, as I say, most of the times it's a drivers issue.

Testing systems:

nVIDIA:

VIA Mobo with AGP 4x slot

MSI GeForce FX5200

128 MB DDR

AMD Athlon XP 2400

512 MB DDR System

Windows XP SP1

DirectX 9.0c

Drivers: ForceWare 66.93

ATI:

VIA Mobo 8668 with AGP 4x slot

Gigabyte Radeon 9250

128 MB DDR

Pentium 4 Prescott 2.26

512 MB DDR System

Windows XP SP1

DirectX 9.0c

Drivers: Catalyst 5.4

Notice performance can improve in both cards, since they are not installed in AGP 8X motherboards. There are a couple of tricks to improve game performance, like desabling live big screens and reducing 3D crowd, but you can really play and enjoy the game as it comes with my sets installed. Hope this post will be a reference for this cases. If they run in these cans, they should run in better machines too.

I've always bought nVIDIA cards since 3Dfx got out of the scene, but I really like these ATI drivers options. Maybe it's too soon to say which of them is better, but ATI has impressed me with this 'low end' card. Have in mind that the processor to test ATI card is superior than the Athlon used in the nVIDIA machine, but that's the only true difference.

PM: few more days to upload Marlins pack. Current season uniforms are ready, but I'm fixing some details in 1993 gears.

U,

i have always used ati cards my friend, couple months back i fried my radeon 9600, and being on a tight budget had to get an MSI radeon 9250. i was very impressed. never had a crash even before i updated to the 5.4 drivers. one other thing i would recommend is dloading atitool, it is free and you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of this card. i slightly overclocked it to get 10% increase on framrates, and the atitool can force the card into higher AF settings than the default ati control panel.

ps - we have similar machines, only i run an p4 northwood @2.8 and have 1.5 gb ram.

mobo is still 4x though, when i built it it was top of the line but, things change so fast. now i've decided to go back to school full time, my obsession for pc upgrades had to take a backseat. all in all the 9250 is a great card for this game! even better if you have an 8x slot. as far as for mvp2005 the game looks almost as good as it did on the 9600.

Hey Umachines, heres another Ati user here with no problems with your set. I always liked them because they look good without stripping peformance.

PC Specs __________

ATI Raedon 7500 64MB

P4 Prescott 2.4GHz (533MHz FSB)

512MB DDR Ram (PC3200)

Windows XP SP2

DirectX 9.0c

(using 3dAnalyze for hig res effects)

Running at 1024*768 with no problems

Hey Umachines, heres another Ati user here with no problems with your set. I always liked them because they look good without stripping peformance.

PC Specs __________

ATI Raedon 7500 64MB

P4 Prescott 2.4GHz (533MHz FSB)

512MB DDR Ram (PC3200)

Windows XP SP2

DirectX 9.0c

(using 3dAnalyze for hig res effects)

Running at 1024*768 with no problems

Wow, you really make your graphics card bleed!. Pick a new one and let it rest in peace! 8O :D

Archived