Umachines' Feedback Open Thread

Umachines

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was carter (who is living it up in Paris right now!)

Sure?.....oops! :oops:

Thanks for changing the away uniforms for the Padres. That gold color, or whatever it is, is bugly.

Yes, I said bugly. Butt + Ugly = Bugly

I do like it. Maybe the stock version color is not very fair, althoug this year it's much better than last. But I think I've found a better tone, as Moser and KC did. Anyway, everybody likes a traditional gray uniform, I guess.

I really love those Phillies uniforms. I'd like to make something similar with all teams so that you can start a dinasty with standard uniforms and move later to the fantasy ones the way teams introduce changes in real live. But I try to make my sets so that every single one has something that the rest don't. It's hard to explain, but it gives its own personalty to the team and its pack, and a real fan can see something the rest don't care about. It's the retro options for Pirates, those Phillies extra uniforms, the optional blakless home one for Mets, the optional patch for Reds, etc...Mybe it's harder with some teams, but I hope you catch the idea, guys.

I'm close to upload Dbacks set. A couple of days without working on it and some changes on the way have caused the delay. Two extra uniforms, one is mine and the other one is Cubsfaninfla's idea. Hope to be sending it tomorrow 24th in the morning as late.

I already uploaded Dbacks pack:

UMDbacks2005.jpg

Two things with this one:

1) I found an annoying color missmatch in purple jerseys that don't happen to me with other colors. I tried making it darker or lighter, but I couldn't find a fix. Hope to get rid about it in the future.

2) After uploading, I noticed that home retro uniform seams to be sleevless (with purple undershit) in far views. This can be easily fixed and it's all my fault.

Were you trying for accuracy with the 1998 D-Backs unis? It looks like you did a great job, but the home batting helmet logo should be the D-snake (from the current away hats) with a black drop shadow (instead of purple) set off against the purple helmet...

Were you trying for accuracy with the 1998 D-Backs unis? It looks like you did a great job, but the home batting helmet logo should be the D-snake (from the current away hats) with a black drop shadow (instead of purple) set off against the purple helmet...

Thanks, Moser!. The fiexes list is growing up...

Umachines, just a quick question. How on earth did you manage to get the Nationals catcher's helmet texture? :wink:

I think it's still too light. Goaly helmet shape is rare. I started turning a minor leagues helmet to grayscale mode then back to 24bit color. So I had a gray helmet to paint on. And finaly a bit of eraser to remove flag parts where holes or clips are.

Archived