Ebbets is coming - the real deal!

paulw

Thanks to some awesome work by hyman - Ebbets Field now has no more disappearing scoreboard, no more homeruns going through the scoredboard, and the screen on top of the right field wall now repels homers. Great work with the wall.dat file and OEdit, Stuart!! I'm still working on cleaning up a few graphical bugs but nothing huge. This will be released by next weekend. Here's a screenshot I took this morning:

ebbets2005_3.jpg

There's a slight blurr to the right field signs I still want to correct.

Thanks, guys. I want to have this as good as I can when it goes. Still have some very minor bugs. It's very playable now. Don Mueller crunched one high off the screen for me last night for a double. It was so cool.

What a beautiful stadium. You know something everyone? As baseball fans, we were robbed in that we couldn't see the real Ebbetts Field. Not on TV, not in person. All we have are pictures and grainy film footage. I really wish I had the chance to see this place.

What a beautiful stadium. You know something everyone? As baseball fans, we were robbed in that we couldn't see the real Ebbetts Field. Not on TV, not in person. All we have are pictures and grainy film footage. I really wish I had the chance to see this place.

Well, it's not much, but there is at least one Ebbets game on mlb.tv. I just can't watch it because your fecking team beat my Bums.

But you can at least see the old place. Shame the Dodgers left, double shame that the freaking Mets replaced them.

We fixed the sign blur - see image above. I want to redo the Bulova sign from scratch and - he continues to amaze me - hyman has added the light stadards to the top of the left field roof. I just need to work on the texture for these. It's getting very close.

small poit of refece and comment.

first the samm point, the giants also left to go west, so acutlly the mets replaced both of them and where there colors are derived from. the blue of the dogers and he organe of the giants

imy comment is this. WOW what a grate looking job of coming up with mod of ebbets field. thats impressive. i also dont get why that was left off and the big o in montral remains as a cclassic and the vet in Philly. expect to the fans of the clubs who played there there nothing really special about the parks.

the vet was built as one of throws cookie cutter parks with cincy and and St. Louis. ciny as moved on and the cards are about to. they dropped the ball as as nother pointed out on that, plus the host of other things they did.

forutnly wher all here to make it better for ourselves and each other.

Yeah mcoll, not a lot of people understand that either. I was thinking the same thing. I also think that if EA thinks Olympic Stadium in Montreal and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia are classics, then they have something the matter with them.

Here's some ballparks they could have done without those two:

Ebbetts Field

Braves Field

Old Yankee Stadium

Connie Mack Stadium

Yeah mcoll, not a lot of people understand that either. I was thinking the same thing. I also think that if EA thinks Olympic Stadium in Montreal and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia are classics, then they have something the matter with them.

they only included them because they were in previous versions of MVP. whereas, if they did Ebbetts they'd have to start from scratch.

Here's some ballparks they could have done without those two:

Ebbetts Field

Braves Field

Old Yankee Stadium

Connie Mack Stadium

Connie Mack Stadium & Shibe Park are the same ballpark.

Archived