The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

How about adding this by Jim825?

When I've created All Star teams for the single season mods I released (TC1951, TC1956, TC1978), I've done it as a multi-step process. Here's how I did it:

1. If you already have a .mbe file, make a copy of the .mbe file. If you don't have a .mbe file, open up MVPEdit, import your rosters, and save the .mbe file. Exit MVPEdit and make a copy of the .mbe file.

2. Open up MVPEdit and open up your copied .mbe file. Create your All Star teams by moving players from their current teams to the All Star teams. Don't worry that they are moving from their original teams because you will be discarding the .mbe file copy later.

3. Once you have created your All Star teams, export the two teams using the File->Export->Team menu option. Do this twice (once for each team) and save each team as a .met file, giving them names like AL_AllStars.met and NL_AllStars.met.

4. After you have saved your All Star teams, open your original .mbe file in MVPEdit..

5. Import your All Star teams into the .mbe file using the File->Import->Team menu option.

6. After your All Star teams have been imported, export your rosters to your data database folder using the Export menu option.

You now have proper All Star teams and the players are also still with their original teams.

This has worked for the single season mods, where I play exhibition games or run dynasties (with all trades and injuries turned off). I can't guarantee what would happen if injuries occur or trades are allowed, but for me, this works fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I tried entering one of the generic cyber faces listed at the beginning of this thread. It shows that there is no pic. It shows one for all of the others. Is it supposed to show the generic face, or will it say (for some reason) no pic?

That's correct emath. The generics will show "No Pic".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Regarding this...

I am using a widescreen display. Is it possible to get MVP 2005 to run in widescreen mode?

It's possible to get the game to run in a widescreen resolution, but the image may be "stretched" from 4:3 or 5:4 as opposed to running at true 16:9 widescreen. Check out this thread for information.

The link in the post doesn't work and just redirects you to the main page. Anyone know the answer to this? My laptop stretches the whle game out to widescreen and it'd be nice to get awy from that :)

Regarding this...

I am using a widescreen display. Is it possible to get MVP 2005 to run in widescreen mode?

It's possible to get the game to run in a widescreen resolution, but the image may be "stretched" from 4:3 or 5:4 as opposed to running at true 16:9 widescreen. Check out this thread for information.

The link in the post doesn't work and just redirects you to the main page. Anyone know the answer to this? My laptop stretches the whle game out to widescreen and it'd be nice to get awy from that :)

There's no way to get true widescreen. It will always be stretched.

• 3 months later...

If you are talking MVP 05, and not one of the 07/08 mods, then I would say yes, get the patches.

If I am not mistaken though, the latest KG rosters require the use of the 08 mod from EA mods.

I also believe that the 08 mod includes the necessary patch updates when you install it. I could be wrong though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've created a roster and started a dynasty, but I want to make more changes. If I make these changes, will they affect my dynasty?

No. The rosters that you start the dynasty with are stored in the dynasty file itself, and that hasn't been edited successfully yet. If you want your created dynasty to have the latest changes you've made, you'll have to restart your dynasty. The same applies to owner mode.

This is where I think I screwed up.

I have KG's 7.31 Plus rosters, along with kg_faces and kg_cyberfaces_addon1.

I'm using my own roster, based on KG's last rosters (7.1 or 7.2), because I changed some attributes and types of pitches.

So, every time I run the game, I load my roster. But I got a little bit too cocky, and I decided to play with MVPedit and KG's .mbe file. I changed San Francisco Giants' Pablo Sandoval bone profile (personal) and some other things on the clothing section - arm bands, gloves... -. However, this is where I screwed up. I clicked file -> export -> dat files. And went to play the game. With the reseted rosters (KG's 7.31) Sandoval didn't change anything - his stats, appearance, nothing... - , but his cyber face was OK (it had been modified with kg_cyberfaces_addon1.

But when I load MY roster (again, it's the same one as KG's but I made some tweaks for myself), Pablo Sandoval has a generic face.

What the heck did I do!? :shok:

Can someone help me?

Thanks, guys!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello, I am an extreme newb with MVP 05 as I just got the game and started playing. I have been playing and modding Triple Play since '01 until the game couldn't run on my new comp. I constantly updated the rosters using the 'player editor' program up until last month.

I was wondering if anyone still has the complete list of the missing players of the minor leaguers esp the prospects. I have tried searching this forum and others for it. I know I could just d/l the current roster and install that, however updating rosters is a passionate hobby of mine and I used to do it for TP '01 up until just last month LOL. I am looking forward to continuing this with my new game. If someone could provide this list that would be fantastic, and if not that's ok too.

Thanks

Hello, I am an extreme newb with MVP 05 as I just got the game and started playing. I have been playing and modding Triple Play since '01 until the game couldn't run on my new comp. I constantly updated the rosters using the 'player editor' program up until last month.

I was wondering if anyone still has the complete list of the missing players of the minor leaguers esp the prospects. I have tried searching this forum and others for it. I know I could just d/l the current roster and install that, however updating rosters is a passionate hobby of mine and I used to do it for TP '01 up until just last month LOL. I am looking forward to continuing this with my new game. If someone could provide this list that would be fantastic, and if not that's ok too.

Thanks

If you mean from the original game, this list should help.

Non-Union Members:

*Brian Daubach (Bailey Osborne, Pawtucket Red Sox)

*Brendan Donnelly (Scott Barcik, Anaheim Angels)

*Jose Flores (Scott Smith, Las Vegas 51s)

*Charles Gipson (Chris Parker, Round Rock Express)

*Matt Herges (Daryle Patterson, Fresno Grizzlies)

*Cory Lidle (Alan Hughes, Philadelphia Phillies) (died in a plane crash in 2006)

*Kerry Ligtenberg (Scott Venema, Toronto Blue Jays)

*Ron Mahay (Neale Genereaux, Texas Rangers)

*Tom Martin (Jake Byrd, Atlanta Braves)

*Frank Menechino (Tim Murphy, Syracuse Skychiefs)

*Lou Merloni (Paul Cruz, Buffalo Bisons)

*Kevin Millar (Anthony Friese, Boston Red Sox)

*Damian Miller (Roger Chamberlain, Milwaukee Brewers)

*Justin Miller (Aaron Callaway, Toronto Blue Jays)

*Eddie Oropesa (Ryan Lewis, Portland Beavers)

*Keith Osik (Angel Brown, New Orleans Zephyrs)

*Shane Spencer (Larry Reed, Columbus Clippers)

*Jamie Walker (Daryl Smith, Detroit Tigers)

As well, to make their appearances correct: http://web.archive.o...cap/edits2.html

Prospects:

ANAHEIM ANGELS

Larry Baert -- Erick Aybar

Darren Roberts -- Jeff Mathis

Jon Bukvich -- Kenny Morales

Billy Bath -- Ervin Santana

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS

Jim Ennis -- Conor Jackson

Brandon Jarvis -- Carlos Quentin

Jamie Mowatt -- Sergio Santos

ATLANTA BRAVES

Sean Blancard -- Kyle Davies

Joel Doonan -- Jeff Francoeur

Enrique Rodriguez -- Andy Marte

Juan Berroa -- Brian McCann

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Jared Wilson -- Adam Loewen

Mike Alvarez -- Nick Markakis

Rafael Rodriguez -- Hayden Penn

BOSTON RED SOX

Gabe Lewis -- Brandon Moss

Matt Derkson -- Hanley Ramirez

CHICAGO CUBS

Greg Wegner -- Brian Dopirak

Ian Krystal -- Angel Guzman

Daniel Doluntap -- Felix Pie

CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Miguel Alicea -- Brian Anderson

Ty Berrie -- Brandon McCarthy

Chris Rae -- Ryan Sweeney

CINCINNATI REDS

Raul Perez -- Homer Bailey

Matt James -- Edwin Encarnacion

CLEVELAND INDIANS

Troy Gray -- Michael Aubrey

Kenny Berrera -- Fausto Carmona

Randy Sullivan -- Franklin Gutierrez

Randy Auschrat -- Adam Miller

COLORADO ROCKIES

Adam Murphy -- Chris Nelson

Randy Klann -- Ian Stewart

DETROIT TIGERS

Johnny Snare -- Justin Verlander

FLORIDA MARLINS

Luis Ordonez -- Yorman Bazardo

Brook LeCroy -- Jeremy Hermida

Norberto Pena -- Scott Olsen

HOUSTON ASTROS

None

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Blair Pioveson -- Mark Teahen

LOS ANGELES DODGERS

Kevin McCracken -- Chad Billingsley

Dieter Driediger -- Joel Guzman

Dennis Estrella -- James Loney

Jung-Hoon Choi -- Greg Miller

MILWAUKEE BREWERS

Wayne Collier -- Prince Fielder

Sam Gent -- J. J. Hardy

Richard Samuels -- Mark Rogers

MINNESOTA TWINS

Terry Coleman -- Francisco Liriano

Randy Sanchez -- Kyle Waldrop

NEW YORK METS

Bryant Tyner -- Lastings Milledge

Tom Tucker -- Yusmeiro Petit

NEW YORK YANKEES

Mike Francis -- Eric Duncan

Russel Cho -- Phil Hughes

Mark Smallenberg -- Marcos Vechionacci

OAKLAND A'S

Andy McDonald -- Daric Barton

Ben Brinkman -- Javier Herrera

Pat Lidge -- Huston Street

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Ole Uttuslien -- Cole Hamels

PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Ramon Sanchez -- Zach Duke

Jorge Cardona -- Neil Walker

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Derek Larmour -- Anthony Reyes

SAN DIEGO PADRES

Gabriel Devore -- Josh Barfield

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Randy Santiago -- Matt Cain

SEATTLE MARINERS

Darryl Buhler -- Felix Hernandez

Matt Thomas -- Shin Soo-Choo

Matthew Smith -- Matt Tuiasosopo

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

Kristopher Morales -- Delmon Young

TEXAS RANGERS

Federico Garcia -- Joaquin Arias

Terry Mulder -- John Danks

Matt Mondesi -- Thomas Diamond

TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Reynaldo Perez -- Dustin McGowan

Brent Nielsen -- Francisco Rosario

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Yvan Vuu Carinha -- Larry Broadway

Sean Payne -- Mike Hinckley

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to move my saved rosters to another computer? I don't want to edit them, just move my customized rosters from my old computer to my new one.

Will a copy/paste of the database folder work?

I see from this thread that I can't edit it with outside programs, or set it to the default roster or anything, but I just don't want to go through the whole ordeal again.

EDIT: nm I found the saves in "my documents"

Edited by AlecTrev

Hey, new problem. I'm trying to install uniforms, and a lot of them are in .iff format, which I gather is a compressed format. I also gather I'm supposed to open it with NBA2k10tool. However, when I open it in NBAtool, there are something like 13 subfiles, and you only need 3 to plug in for MVP studio. How do I get an .iff turned to a .bmp and two .fsh?

Hey, new problem. I'm trying to install uniforms, and a lot of them are in .iff format, which I gather is a compressed format. I also gather I'm supposed to open it with NBA2k10tool. However, when I open it in NBAtool, there are something like 13 subfiles, and you only need 3 to plug in for MVP studio. How do I get an .iff turned to a .bmp and two .fsh?

Are you trying to install these uniforms in MVP2005? If so, then it won't work because the uniforms in .iff format are for MLB2K10 and not MVP2005.