The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

Are you using a default roster set? Meaning is Manny, Pudge, Tejada, Ichiro, etc... still in the American League or in the National League? If they are still in the American League, then that is the reason why you are getting that error. To my knowledge, you can only fill up lineups with players who are on that particular roster set. For instance you cannot use Manny as the NL LF because he is affiliated with the AL. He is not on the NL roster. Hope this helps.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but isn't this the heroes/legends teams? and i'm assuming you imported these players in as mentioned before? and that they're also on their respective teams? or did you simply trade say ichiro from seattle to the hero's team?

if they're duplicated through the import process, then i suggest maybe trying to edit them with some text editor so that they're not duplicates.

Yes, its Heroes, and legends, I'm basing it off of UR 8.4 I traded the players to the teams, then exported the Heroes/Legends teams, and reimported them into another .mbe (I made a duplicate of the UR8.4 .mbe) so all the teams are as they are before, and the Heroes/Legends teams are the only ones changed. I don't think that it's because of there being duplicates, because the AL rosters are fine.

Well, here goes. My attempt to answer some (or hopefully, most) of the most frequently asked questions about MVP Baseball 2005 for the PC.

Hope it helps. :)

I've created a roster and started a dynasty, but I want to make more changes. If I make these changes, will they affect my dynasty?

No. The rosters that you start the dynasty with are stored in the dynasty file itself, and that hasn't been edited successfully yet. If you want your created dynasty to have the latest changes you've made, you'll have to restart your dynasty. The same applies to owner mode.

MarkB... Maybe this should be updated to "no, with an asterisk", now that there is an editor out there that can change dynasty files too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. This is kinda related to page 2, the discussion about editing when the announcers say a name. All I want to do is duplicate a name callout, rather than editing and creating my own (like Yastrzemski in TC7). For example, Alex Rodriguez is Photo/Audio #757 in MVPedit, but I also have an A-Rod that is #73 (this one with the M's). When the A-Rod with #73 comes up to bat in-game, it doesn't call out his name because there's no 0073a, c, or d.dat.

What I tried doing with EAgraph was to extract 0757a, c, and d.dat from the pnamedat.big, then rename them and import them. But it still doesn't work. What did I miss?

• 4 weeks later...

MarkB... Maybe this should be updated to "no, with an asterisk", now that there is an editor out there that can change dynasty files too.

how do you change your roster in a dynasty without having to start over...thanks for the help

Use Tywiggins .dat import/export software to grab the .dat files from your dynasty and then load them in MVPEdit. Make you changes and import those updated .dat files back into your dynasty. Visit the thread dedicated to that for more information.

You can also use MVPEditor (another mod created by Tywiggins) to make certain changes to your dynasty.

how do you change your roster in a dynasty without having to start over...thanks for the help

tywiggins has two programs available. MVP Editor and the DAT Importer/Exporter. I believe MVP Editor is in the downloads section and the DAT Importer/Exporter is in the forums somewhere, you'll have to search.

*These are links to the programs that redsox and fred13 told you about.

Ty's .dat importer/exporter: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...r+Exporter.html

Ty's MVPEditor: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...=MVPeditor.html

Ty's Attribute Updater: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=28835.html

MVPEdit(FAQ):

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=12410.html

*READ the README.txt files for Use and Instructions on each program. Also look at the forum thread for each program. If you have a question, it has problem been posted/answered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you turn off hot zones in the visual options, does this actual turn their function off, or can you just not see them anymore? I don't want to play with them, because I dislike them, and it seems that the incoming rookies do not have enough hot zones to make them useful.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that biker_jim_uk posted how to do player audio mods,

but there still seems to be a little confusion…so here goes.

Files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EUF1OTVG

Tutorial: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RP63P29

Extract all contents of the “Audio Mods.rar” file into its own folder. I don’t care what it’s called. In this example, I merely saved it in the folder called “Audio Mods”.

I don’t recall where I got the batch files, probably unclemo, so please give all praise to him.

DAT Files

These files are found in the following directory:

C:ProgramsEA SportsMVP 2005dataaudiocdspch_pbppnamedat.big

These are your actual audio files. However they’re not in a playable format, so you must convert them to a wave file first to hear them, and edit them. Then you can convert them back:

1. In this tutorial, I want to make a guy named “Bobby Alou” and his audio id number is 9. I opened MVPEdit to find that Bobby Abreu is number 4 and Moises Alou is number 18, so I will borrow those files.

2. Open up the pnamedat.big file listed above with Biggui. Find the files 0009a.dat, 0009c.dat, 0009d.dat for Bobby Abreu. Find the files 0018a.dat, 0018c.dat, and 0018d.dat for Moises Alou. Highlight them, and go to Edit>Export, and save them in the same folder as the “Audio Mods” you extracted above.

3. You can see I saved them in the “Audio Mods” folder.

4. I don’t care how you do it, whether you double click, or right click and select Open, but run the “Mosx” file.

5. This black window pops up, so then hit Enter and it will close

6. It will then create wav files from your dat files. This is the part where you free lance. I choose to use Windows’ Audio Recorder to edit them. You’ll have to play around with this part and do what you want to do to edit them.

7. When done, save them. In this case, I saved them as 0009a.wav, 0009c.wav, 0009d.wav because this is the name of the dat files I want to convert.

8. Right click the “Mosx dat” file and select Edit, or open it with wordpad.

9. This opens up. Note the red underlined text. This is what you need to edit.

10. Edit it to match the name of your wave files. In this case, I replaced the “9999” with “0009.”

11. Hit close, and hit “Yes” to save it.

12. Again, I don’t care how you do it, whether you double click, or right click and select Open, but run the “Mosx dat” file.

13. This black window pops up, so hit Enter and it will close.

14. It now creates your three dat files that are ready to import back into the game.

15. Use the Tit to install them.

HDR Files

These files are found in the following directory:

C:ProgramsEA SportsMVP 2005dataaudiospch_pbppnamehdr.big

These files are needed in order to hear the audio in game. You will need to do some hex editing. I’ve included “fshed” to do the editing. I don’t remember where I got it from again, but just run the installer to install it. Please do not confuse this with the other “Fshed” program that opens fsh files. This one is a hex editor. You again may choose to use another program, but I’ve included this one for ease of use.

1. Open up the pnamedat.big file listed above with Biggui. Highlight any three files. For ease, I’m using the 0003a.hdr, 0003c.hdr, and 0003d.hdr files. I want to change these to 0009. If by chance those were already in here, you’re done. If not, follow the rest of the tutorial.

2. Highlight those files and go to Edit>Export and save them any where.

3. For the purposes of this tutorial, I saved mine in the “Audio Mods” folder.

4. You must do some hex conversion, so go to this website: http://www.geocities.com/binary_converter/

You can use any conversion you want, but I’m listing this one for ease of use.

5. Since I want to make a file numbered 0009, I will enter that in the Decimal box. Then click in the Hex box, and it will convert it for you. By coincidence of my choice, the conversion to Hex is also 0009.

What you will need to note is this four digit combination of numbers and letters in pairs. The first pair (in pink) is eventually going to be noted later, and the second pair (noted in green) will also need to be noted later. The reason for the 1 and 2 will make sense later.

6. Now open up the “0003a.hdr” file with Fshed. Note the location of the four numbers I underlined. These are the ones you will edit.

7. Change it to match the boxed numbers in step 5. The 09 will go in the first set, and the 00 will go in the second set.

8. Go to File>Save to save this. Then repeat these steps for the other two hdr files.

9. Now these are the three hdr files again. They’ve all been edited as just described, and saved.

10. Right click one at a time and select Rename.

11. I’ve renamed them all to 0009. Make sure to keep the a, c, and d in the respetive names too.

12. Now you’re ready to install. Use the Tit again.