The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I can't get my game profile to save. I click on save and it says saved. But there is always a flashing red "!' (exclamation point). Then the next time I start the game all changes are gone and it is asking me to create a new profile. I have used the "search" in the forums, but have not found an answer. Any help, please?

Albie, make sure there is a file in My Documents/MVP Baseball 2005 with your username profile.

Thanks for the answer, but that's the problem.

I've done a new install with no mods, just the EA patches.

I create a new profile and save. But it is not saved, not in the above folder.

Restart the game, and it asks me again to create a new profile.

What am I missing?

Check the various user accounts listed in Documents and Settings to see if it's maybe being created in another user's folder for some reason.

Mark, thanks for the help.

I have done a search of all files and folders, there is no "User Profile".

The only file in "My Documents/MVP Baseball 2005" is "MVPOptions_Options.sav".

I had some problems with a couple of teams/stadiums crashing. So I am trying to do a clean install and then add the mods that I want. I use the original cd's and add the EA patches. But I can't get past this problem of the "User Profile". I put in the codes to unlock stadiums/uniforms, but the "User Profile" never saves.

Each time I start the game it asks me to create a "User Profile". I do so and it shows at the bottom of the page with a flashing "!" (exclamation point). I go to the "User Profile" page and at the space below the menu is the following: "!" "Profile Status Changed". So I save it again and it keeps flashing. When I quit and restart the game I have to start all over again creating a new "User Profile".

Do I have to play a game or start a dynasty before quiting the game in order for the "User Profile" to save?

Is there a file on the original cd's that I can copy/paste to make this work?

Thanks again for any help anyone can give.

In that case, I have no idea why it's not writing the file, sorry Albie. I'd maybe check to see what the read/write permissions are on the My Documents folder, what type of account you have (for example, are you installing with an admin account, then playing with a user account etc.) and see if a ny other programs are somehow blocking the file being written, but it's probably better just do perform a clean reinstall and see if it works from there.

In that case, I have no idea why it's not writing the file, sorry Albie. I'd maybe check to see what the read/write permissions are on the My Documents folder, what type of account you have (for example, are you installing with an admin account, then playing with a user account etc.) and see if a ny other programs are somehow blocking the file being written, but it's probably better just do perform a clean reinstall and see if it works from there.

Thanks Mark.

The computer is set up with a User Account, as other family members use it. I have re-installed it 5/6 times and still getting the same problem.

I had this happen once before and one day it made a "save". I'll finish installing my mods and start a dynasty. It does save different rosters/ dynasty's. So I'll just load the latest roster then the "unlocks" for stadiums/uniforms will work.

If it starts saving a profile, I'll make a post. Maybe at that time I can figure out what went wrong.

Hmmm..well, if you've reinstalled 5 or 6 times already, I'd doubt another one under the same circumstances will make any difference. Try installing with an administrator account and see if that helps - playing and saving the profile on both the admin and user accounts.

• 2 months later...

Great, thanks. Also thanks for just throwing the link here since finding it would, ya know, take some clicking.

EDIT: Darnit, I'm such a noob, I have it downloaded and it keeps asking me what program I should to run it. I'm mostly a console gamer so I'm really confused.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm not the only confused new guy. I've been looking around a little bit, trying to figure out where to post a couple questions I have, so I figured I'd post them here. Sorry if this isn't the correct forum.

Anyway: What exactly is TiT? I read the download info, but I'm still confused. Is it a pack of downloads, or is it an installing program, or what? And what's MVPEdit? If there's any other basic info I should know, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm having trouble putting a picture

I click where it says "No picture found"

then click "new picture"

then click my picture and press ok but nothing happens

it just says no picture found still

help please, im an idiot

What format is your picture? What are its dimensions? And did you also create an alpha image?

Mr. Idiot,

You need to go into the MVPedit options, and make sure "Show Portraits" is checked, and also that you double click on your /data folder within the options menu.

If that doesn't work, make sure "2x Portraits" is checked if you're trying to insert a 256x256 portrait.

If that doesn't work, you've made your portrait incorrectly.