MVP 06 Cover Player ROUND 2

SwinginSoriano

Who do you want to be on the Cover of MVP 06?  

114 members have voted

1. 1.

• Andruw Jones
    • Dontrelle Willis
    • Alex Rodriguez
    • Derek Lee
    • Chicago White Sox

Okay, it's the second round now. You can vote for only the five finalists. The two highest vote getters will go on and be the final selections for Round 3. This vote will last one week, once you vote, you CAN'T CHANGE IT. Even if you're UncleMo. :)

One week. Five Guys. Top 2 will go on.

----------------

Here are arguments for each player:

Derrek Lee: The best player in the National League on in 2005. While the Cubs did not do well, we all know they have the talent to win in 2006. Lee’s breakout year in 2005 could mean he is emerging as a superstar player.

Dontrelle Willis: One of the best, and youngest pitchers in the National League. With his crazy windup and fun loving attitude, Willis could be seen as the face of the game. Possibly, he will become the best pitcher in baseball.

Andruw Jones: A player who has been in the league forever and has not even turned thirty yet. Jones sets the standard for centerfield defense and with 51 homeruns he may have become the homerun slugger he was always touted to become.

Alex Rodriguez: Despite being on several boxes already, Alex Rodriguez has shown us all again why he is baseball’s true five tool player. When it is all said and done, it is likely the Alex Rodriguez, love him or hate him, will be the best to ever play the game.

Chicago White Sox: The 2005 World Champs. They came into the season with something to prove and played well most of the year unnoticed. When the White Sox hit a slide, the “experts†handed the division to the Cleveland Indians. Again, they had something to prove. They swept the Red Sox, controversially beat the Angels, and won four close games against the Houston Astros to sweep the World Series, their first since 1917. In 2006, they still have something to prove, can they repeat?

-----

Use your vote wisely, think of what's best for the Community, not who plays on your team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andruw Jones didn't have that good of a season, his defense slipped and apart from his homers, he hit poorly and had a weak OBP.

I'm voting for Dontrelle Willis because not only do I think he is what every MLB player should be (modest, hardworking, softspoken), and not only because he's going to be one of the best pitchers in recent history, but I kinda feel he has the best chance to beat Rodriguez, and I can't in good faith vote for Jones with his stats.

Vote for D-train, one of the most respectable players in the game, who plays hard and believes in the game.

Here my personal opinions on each of the candidates:

Willis: Awesome choice, would be great for the community.

Lee: Same thing. More recognizable by some (large market) but is not the face of the game.

Jones: Didn't win the MVP, hit a bunch of jacks. Jones is a feast or famine hitter, all or nothing. He got lucky and hit 51 this year, I bet he hits just 30-35 the next. He does have hella good defense, but yet again I'm not sold on the stats. :p

Rodriguez: I personally like the choice and find him deserving, but I feel him winning would be bad for the MVPmods community. It would basically be Yankee Fans vs. Everyone else. Him winning would probably cause the whole cover player thing to fail because the sore losing 47% would be too pissed off to download screens with A-Rod on it. A-Rod is very deserving, but I do not feel it will be what is best for the entire community.

White Sox: While it would have been great to honor the White Sox, I felt that Mark Buehrle would have been a better front for that. Having the CTS screens and such look like they came right out of soxtalk.com would be silly. Plus, I'm not a fan of more than one guy on the box, unless something really special happened. (As Sean O said) I mean, like a team wins a world series and has a MVP and Cy Young award winner on it. I think the community would accept this choice if it won.

Personally, I am going to wind up voting for Dontrelle Willis. (I voted Lee last time because I felt that Willis had no chance.) But, I am going to wait to see how the vote shapes out, then give my vote to who I feel needs it the most. People should vote for what they feel is best for the community. Sometimes your favorite player is not best for the community. If it were just up to me, I'd like Soriano to be on the cover, but since the MVP 06 is made for everyone to enjoy, I hope the winner of these polls is a very non-divisive well-like baseball player. Both Derrek Lee and Dontrelle Willis fit that bill.

-------------

Crap, I just noticed that deRRek Lee had two 'R's in it. Hopefully no Cubs fans are angry about the misspelling. :?

I totally agree Dontrelle should be the cover guy as that is what's best for the community,

I would actually like to see D-Lee or Jones vs. Willis for the final round - that will be less divisive and a far more interesting contest than A-Rod vs. whoever.

You can count me in as one of the 'sore losers' who will not have anything to do with the 'cover' if A-Rod is on it :)

No Pujols?

He won the NL MVP?

I think A-Rod and Pujols should be on the CTS screen.

Jesus christ people, THEY WERE EACH ON AN EA COVER BEFORE. Pujols was on the cover in 2004!

Does anyone pay any attention to anything? I try to keep my patience, but what is WRONG with people?

I'm voting for Dontrelle Willis because not only do I think he is what every MLB player should be (modest, hardworking, softspoken).

Although I like a modest player, do you really think every player should be this way?

I like Manny Rameriz the way he is, players like Carl Everett and Milton Bradley are not good for baseball, but humans vary in attitudes and personalities, it takes all kinds.

EA will the most known and marketable players on the cover, I don't see Dontrelle Willis making the cut. I like him more than most players, certainly more than A-Rod, but Triple Play 99 isn't going to keep EA from using Rodriguez again.

I thought MVP 06 is going to be an NCAA game?

Is there going to be a MVP 06 for the majors?

If I guessed who would be on the cover I would guess Andrew Jones, David Ortiz or someone from NYY or White Sox, I could see a team concept I guess and thus CHW.

The reason I voted for Dontrelle is that I think it's time EA had a player with a crooked hat and a goofy grin on their cover. For too long, the folks behind EA have discriminated against crooked hats and goofy grins. Now is the time to rectify that situation.

--Eric

Archived