New avatar & signature guidelines

Trues

In a continued effort cut down on clutter in threads and page load times, we have decided to make some changes to the avatar and signature guidlines.

They are as follows:

image maximum size: 120x120 @ 60kb

No animation or flash allowed.

Signatures:

1 (one) image maximum size: 475x125 @ 100kb

or

3 (three) lines of text (blank lines included). One line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width.

No animation or flash allowed.

So please edit your avatars and signatures to comply with this request - we'll give everyone a few days to make the necessary changes, then we will delete or edit them.

If your avatar and/or signature contains images over this limit, they may be removed without warning. If a PM is sent to you regarding this matter, simply change or resize your images so that they are within the rules, to avoid further action being taken. Please note that MVPmods is also a 56K friendly site, so please respect our dialup members. Not everyone can get broadband!

This rule is in place simply to keep the forum easy to read and use for everyone.

Thanks for your cooperation,

MVPmods Staff

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I have to ask

what about static flash file

no animation or sound involved

I reduced my original sig from 7 images (which was OKed) it was about 120K down to one 48K swf file

That's fine as long as it's non-animated and falls under 100kb limit.

As much as I dislike these rules, I understand that I must follow them. I guess in the long run, it will be better for everyone including myself, as it will make the forums easier to read.

EDIT: Trues, I can't get rid of those blank lines under the MVPWorld link.

trues, i love u man, but u've taken everything i've loved away from me.

ladder match section.

s. guzzler being a naughty word.

krawhitham's real name

john leguizamo's career

mvp 06 for pc

and now flash sigs.

sdfkjsdfjk damn u truesy, damn u!

As much as I would love to have the bear back, I would not want to have a different rule just for me so i could have a lousy avatar. I wouldn't want to cause trouble with people complaining to the moderators about why they cant have an animated or special avatar, just because I still have the bear. Not fair for everybody else.

As much as I would love to have the bear back, I would not want to have a different rule just for me so i could have a lousy avatar. I wouldn't want to cause trouble with people complaining to the moderators about why they cant have an animated or special avatar, just because I still have the bear. Not fair for everybody else.

that's the perfect attitude cb.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived