Crowd Reaction Mod -Previously Unreleased

UncleMo

In response to the one review I got for this upload, post any questions here.

Swinging Soriano asked if there is a way to get the crowd excited about a 2 strike count, the answer is I did something about an 0-2 count where the crowd will start cheering loudly depending upon whether the game is a close game early or late in the game. Same deal with 2-0. The crowd will cheer or boo dependent upon if the game is close or not that is. I played in Oakland and the crowd bood loudly when I would get 0-2 against their batters. Also, the home crowd cheered the A's loudly when I went 2-0. Same with 3-0.

The problem comes when you are say, 1-1, and you want the crowd to cheer loudly with 2 strikes. Well, it is hard to do all of the variables, like when it goes from 1-1 to 1-2. That is 2 strikes, and say I want the crowd to cheer loudly on ALL 2 stike counts? Well, let me shut up, it is hard to explain, but you don't want the crowd cheering loudly at the wrong times so I did the easy way out-cheer loudly or boo loudly depending on who is on the mound (their team/away team), what the count is, and if the game is close.

Bottom line, you have to play more games to tell the difference. Not just a couple of games. You'll know the difference when you hear it.

Like I toyed with one variable that instead of the crowd expressing anticipation for a ball to drop, I changed them to cheer loudly if it was obvious that the ball was going to drop for a base hit (the ball being hit by the home team).

So, there is a lot more work that can be done but it is better to have this file than not having it. It is even better if someone takes my file and takes it to the next level.

you are ocrrect. For some reason I felt I hardly ever heard it so I turned that probablility up as well as the MVP! MVP!. I can change it if you guys want...

Please use it more and post your dislikes in this thread so I can do the changes all at once.

I'm old enough to drive, thats important to any teenager, right?:lol:

I think he asked how old you were because if you were of knowledgable age from 1992-1997, there was NO way you didn't know about the Tomahawk Chop, alone with Billionaire Ted and Hanoi Jane sitting in the front row.

Uncle Mo

Love the mod, however there's too much "overrated" chant IMO. First batter, first pitch of the season is way too early to here that chant. And it happens a bunch during the game as well

I get your point, but to the opening day games I've been too, the crowd always cheers after the first pitch to the first batter.

-BBHD

Love the mod, however there's too much "overrated" chant IMO. First batter, first pitch of the season is way too early to here that chant. And it happens a bunch during the game as well

I think that it's okay to hear that chant so early in the season.. even for the 1st pitch, because we all know that the crowd is always pumped up at the beginning of the season.. especially the 1st game, and even more for the 1st pitch!!

I cannot talk alot about that mod though since I just played 2 games so far and I'm not sure if I've seen a difference yet.

I get your point, but to the opening day games I've been too, the crowd always cheers after the first pitch to the first batter.

-BBHD

TT isn't talking about the traditional cheer after the first pitch. He means the "Overrated" chant starting up after the first pitch of the season, although that will happen in severely anti-Yankees stadiums :lol:

you are ocrrect. For some reason I felt I hardly ever heard it so I turned that probablility up as well as the MVP! MVP!. I can change it if you guys want...

Please use it more and post your dislikes in this thread so I can do the changes all at once.

I love the overrated chant! But, I may love it too much...

Same here so I can't say that TT is wrong. I'm biased like SS.

SS's review is not totally off base when he said it is not a must have mod.

The times you know you are happy you have it is when you hear the loud booing when you wish you could, or would hate to get bood and the home team boos teh crap out of you. Other times too, likewhen the crowd goes nuts. It is at those moments when you are glad you have this mod. If someone takes my file and works the rest of it where the crowd reacts sharply with every pitch count and event that happens with foul balls and base hits and what not, then this would be a must have no doubt.

regardless as to when it's appropriate (ie first pitch of first season), it's played way to much - it appears that certain road team players are designated for the chant and then it's played for every single at bat for that batter (and others if the team has more than one player designated for it). i think on the tribe, it plays for sizemore, martinez, and hafner - so every at bat for those 3 guys all game long.

it just gets old - trust me i LOVE the chant itself, just don't want to ruin it with overkill

Archived