MVP 06 CD/DVD cover

tomwebb

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well to each his own. I'm sure there are people who like my cover better than rest in this thread as I'm sure there are people who think mine is the worst. Don't need to please everyone. =)

But.... I will post one without the outline on mvp etc.

ortiz2006dvdus0.th.jpg : ortiz2006labelmh5.th.jpg

how would i go about changing the top so it reads xbox instead of pccd

I wanted to do another cover, but I was bored with EA's non-creative, every year repeating lame covers, so I did one from scratch using the same Wells picture:

mvp06dvdwells2small.jpg

The small picture above doesn't show how it looks like printed, check the big version belove.

If someone wants the printable big version, which I will probably use, get it here

If someone wants a cd case cover, get that version here

If someone wants a cd case cover based on my last dvd cover (check last page), get it here

Edit. I printed out the cover but it appeared to be a bit too small. If you want to print (the newer) dvd cover, remember to resize it correctly first.

Wow. Can you make one just like that, and have Dontrelle there, instead of Wells?

Also, was I the only one who bought my game in a Jewel case? This is what the front of mine looks like.

http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m...005coverdy5.jpg

I wanted to do another cover, but I was bored with EA's non-creative, every year repeating lame covers, so I did one from scratch using the same Wells picture:

mvp06dvdwells2small.jpg

The small picture above doesn't show how it looks like printed, check the big version belove.

If someone wants the printable big version, which I will probably use, get it here

If someone wants a cd case cover, get that version here

If someone wants a cd case cover based on my last dvd cover (check last page), get it here

Edit. I printed out the cover but it appeared to be a bit too small. If you want to print (the newer) dvd cover, remember to resize it correctly first.

would you mind posting the PSD, I would like to change a couple things for personal use

I think it should read MVP 06 Major League Baseball. Then you could put the MVPmods logo below the text, similar to where it is now. If you could do that and make one with Willis on it, ohh baby, I might just kiss you!

I totally agree :wtg:

This question is tuff. You cant use any photos of MLBPA players due to the union and agreements. I would use your own logo (apply for TM, its actually pretty cheap) and a non-player nondescript action photo. Dont even try to put a players photo on it. These guys will sue you if they even hear you use their names in a bikini contest

It does matter. You can't use anyones photo or likeness regardless of profits. The Players Union owns all rights to anything you can think of. Why do you think they are on the move against fantasy bball? The court just ruled that players stats are in the public domain. We see them in the paper every day, but still they wanted to own them. Pictures on the other hand are not. I can refer you to an instance where someone was doing fundraising in Seattle for a great cause and used a player's photo. They got sued. Still pending. Bulls^&t!

I'm not talking Avatars or pics in your email. Who gives a $%^ about that? I am just saying that if you try to MARKET anything using players pics (for profit or not) and they catch wind of it that you are using that player, you will be contacted by a lawyer. No crap.

Zen, sorry - didnt read your whole message. Pretty funny! OK, since MJ is now broke and has to sell Neverland, he is gonna come back and sue you. So far he has sued Lefty the Chimp, Emmanuel Lewis, Bronx Zoo, LA Child Care Services, and you are next!! Beware

I don't get it, I cannot put a players image on a video game cover because I might get sued by the player in general. Surely all of us are going to put this game on the store shelf and sell it to pay off Trues' bandwidth costs.

These covers being done are for our own enjoyment. Obviously I'm not going to market the game, but I'd like to have it look realistic so I'm going to print out the cover and put it on a DVD case. Simple.

Getting sued for just placing a player photo on a fictional video game cover is just crazy and asinine. I'm pretty sure the guys that make the fictional madden covers are getting sued out their behinds by the NFL also.

I'm sorry. I kinda feel like a damp tampon about the whole thing. You might/can put someones image on whatever you like. Your risk. I dont agree either. Right now the MLBPA which owns every bb players name, photo, and pretty much identity has spread their feelers out to find royalties galore. You can blame the lawyers, or you can just blame Steinbrunner. I blame George. I had a personal fantasy site with 224 peeps playing and MLB came in and shut it down.

On the other hand, I think Michael would love you to post little boys!

Archived