MVP 06 CD/DVD cover

tomwebb

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that this is a touchy subject, and that I'm just a forum lurker who reads but doesn't post, but I feel compelled to help stop this retartedness.

*This post is intended to clearly present/articulate this argument and end it for the good of the mvpmods community*

Copywright Law is very complicated, and I'm definitely not a lawyer, but I do have a basic understanding.

He does not need to "get a copywright" in order to protect his work. By simply creating the work it's automatically copywrighted. Therefore it is illegal for anyone else to use his work without his permission, which has obviously happened.

indeed you can't.

I understand that the entire purpose of all the mods availible on this website is to alter the work of EA to make this wonderful game even better. This is itself a copywright infringement. Aditionally, using most (if not all) of the logo's on these covers is infringing on the copywright of the respective companies. I would therefore be inclined to remove them (especially the MLB and MLBPA official Liscences, since they clearly doesn't exist, and could potentially lead to trouble), except perhaps the EA logo because they did indeed create the game, and are entitled to credit, even if we don't have permission to use the logo.

I hope not, I enjoyed following this thread, and belive that an upgraded box cover would be a cool addition. I'm pretty tired of manny (even though I live and die red sox!) on the cover.

In conclusion. If someone wants to use someone else's template for something, it's good practice to ask first. I believe all the modders here are not selfish people, and a simple pm could even land you a .psd template file (i've seen it many times). Taking someone else's template without permission, however, is a big no no, and should really never be done (I understand the implications of the logo's, particularly EA's, but that's an entirely different ballgame).

I think that this place needs to stay a community, and the only way to do that is to be courteous to one another. This means being polite and asking for others' work rather than just assuming it's o.k. to imitate (in this case by copying certain aspects of redsx2434's cover design).

I'm sorry tebjr. I know that you're a moderator, and have more power than I, but you're wrong. redsx2324 obviously worked hard to create a realistic cd cover design, and felt abused that others had just copied it for their own covers. He deserves credit for his hard work, and does not deserve your criticism in this particular situation.

The End (I hope...sorry if I come off as being harsh, but this argument is retarted and needs to end before it causes more harm).

thanks man, that was a good post

here's a jewel case cover i've been working on..it should be the correct size too, so hopefully you can print it out and just slip it right into the cd cover.

pcjewelbox.jpg

hey adam2kennedy, can you send me the 'MVP Baseball 2006' logo? that logo is perfect because all you need to do is cut out your favorite player, and slap that logo on top and it looks legit.

If redsox actually did put all those logos on the box together by cropping and spending hours on it, I'd agree, you should just simply ask before you use it. If not, I think Redsox should just let em use it.

Just my 2 cents.

If redsox actually did put all those logos on the box together by cropping and spending hours on it, I'd agree, you should just simply ask before you use it. If not, I think Redsox should just let em use it.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think he made the box in the first place.

Nice to have your thoughts on the subject Snailman, but I believe I said this argument was closed. If you want to take it up with an admin, then so be it. Quit spamming the forums with this stuff.

Well put.

Back on topic, has anyone found any of those pictures omairee asked for?

Does anyone know why manny was on the cover of '05?? its because he was mvp of the world series when the sox finally one it after 80-sum years. You guys should put jermaine dye on the cover cause he was world series mvp after the white sox finally won a world series after however many years it was. We don't need a yankee or another red sox player on the cover.

Does anyone know why manny was on the cover of '05?? its because he was mvp of the world series when the sox finally one it after 80-sum years. You guys should put jermaine dye on the cover cause he was world series mvp after the white sox finally won a world series after however many years it was. We don't need a yankee or another red sox player on the cover.

who cares about manny being on the cover in 2005? there are better deserving players than jermaine dye, whether it a yankee, red sox, or neither.

willis isn't an a yankee or red sox... yet.

also, i think a guy like konerko would be more deserving for the white sox for his SEASON...

manny is a very recognizable face, a bonafide superstar, and is one of the first names that come to mind when you think of the red sox. also they went with a theme of the red sox because it was believed for so long that the bosox were cursed and it was just so amazing the way they won and broke the "curse".

willis is a bonafide ace, a great personality, recognized for his delivery, and also shows the up and coming stars that are starting to take over the majors.

the only problem I have with willis is that he is having a crappy year. he is only 6-8 with a 4.27 era. while Dye is batting .319 with 29 hr and 77 rbi. konerko is not having quite the season jermaine is withe a .298 with 26 hr and 75 rbi.

you can't tell anyone in chicago that there wasn't a curse on the entitre city when it came to baseball. the white sox winning last year was quite the big deal.

I understand what you're say about jermaine dye, but I think he would be better than willis. maybe you guys could go with contreras or the entire team celebrating after they when there in houston. that is my 2 cents.

again, dye is not a guy that is just known by everybody. the casual baseball fan doesn't know much about him. and when you think about the current white sox line up, the names the come to mind are thome and konerko THEN dye, think about it that way. i never said that willis was having an amazing year and that therefore he's a better choice than everybody in the league. i'm just saying that willis has a good mix of name recognition, skill, and future. PLEASE note that there is a mix, and not just ONE of those things. and, in addition, the game, if there had been a real cover, would've been BEFORE this season, and others had agreed on willis before this topic came to be, that's why i'm doing that.

as far as liriano, he's done it very short term, and while he is young and his name will soon be recognized by even casual fans, it's too soon to put him on a cover. cubs fans will remember that prior came up and looked like he'd be a cy young guy at least once by now. so did wood. why shouldn't i use brandon webb then instead of liriano? webb is young, really good, and has been proven for a few years.

i cannot argue with wright, except that he isn't recognized enough, especially not by image. willis' leg kick is enough for most anybody to recognize him.

i'm just trying to pick with some sort of realism to what EA would go through. if you want to make your own cover, be our guest and feel free to post it, i just wanted to do something that goes with what was agreed upon earlier, and i'm just doing this for people that are interested in willis as the coverboy. if you're not, then please don't tell me i shouldn't do willis and should do somebody else instead, as i intend to do willis.

and i can definitely say that all of chicago baseball was not cursed. what was the white sox story? just because they didn't win it in a long time does not make them cursed. the red sox and cubs have (had) had a MUCH bigger fan base, have had tragically close calls with unpredictable turn of events leading the end of their season prematurely, have had hall-of-famers come and not be able to bring a title to the teams, have had stories behind how the curses got put into place, and the fans have pondered the curse for generations.

i kinda like the idea of using a white sox player, i just dont know who to use cause like omairee said, not alot of their players are really recognizable to the casual fan. thome would be cool even tho he wasnt with them last year in their world series year...

no really tho.. is this just all for kicks and giggles or is all this actually gonna get used... i undersatnd the cd cover deal... cause that could legitly (shortened jhath word) be used.... but is anyone really gonna package this up??? lol

i think if you download the final release and have it on a cd/dvd to free up space, it'd be cool to have a cover that goes with it. i don't think it'll be anything official, but it could just be thrown into the final package for people that may want to do it. now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to start another new dynasty with the wonderful UR 7.2.

Archived