MVP 06 CD/DVD cover

tomwebb

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JWClubbie

Can you make the back part for this cover as well. I wanna use it. (Also can u make the cover the real size.. Awesome work

i really want to make a million version of "your stuff" and posting all over the internet.

GET OVER IT... you want him to stop using it, get a damn copyright.

do you have the express written consent of MLB and the MLBPA and the ESRB to use their logos? i didn't think so.

--------PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING FURTHER------------

Posting an image, the link to an image, or text describing any specific image also grants permission for any registered forum members at mvpmods.com the right to further alter the image as they please and, if applicable, repost the new, altered, image as their own work. If you have an issue with this, please do not post any images, links to images, or text for which you do not wish to make available publicly to all users of the mvpmods.com forum. If you have read this, and continue to post, and still [naughty word] about people stealing your work, then please seek medical assistance, or a tutor to help you learn english.

Furthermore, if any person(s) would like a photoshopped image that they will not be called thieves for using, please PM me (omairee) and I will do what I can to provide requested image from the cover(s) I have made, or have been granted permission to use and edit.

--------PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING FURTHER------------

Posting an image, the link to an image, or text describing any specific image also grants permission for any registered forum members at mvpmods.com the right to further alter the image as they please and, if applicable, repost the new, altered, image as their own work. If you have an issue with this, please do not post any images, links to images, or text for which you do not wish to make available publicly to all users of the mvpmods.com forum. If you have read this, and continue to post, and still [naughty word] about people stealing your work, then please seek medical assistance, or a tutor to help you learn english.

Furthermore, if any person(s) would like a photoshopped image that they will not be called thieves for using, please PM me (omairee) and I will do what I can to provide requested image from the cover(s) I have made, or have been granted permission to use and edit.

you can't do that

I understand that this is a touchy subject, and that I'm just a forum lurker who reads but doesn't post, but I feel compelled to help stop this retartedness.

*This post is intended to clearly present/articulate this argument and end it for the good of the mvpmods community*

Copywright Law is very complicated, and I'm definitely not a lawyer, but I do have a basic understanding.

GET OVER IT... you want him to stop using it, get a damn copyright.

He does not need to "get a copywright" in order to protect his work. By simply creating the work it's automatically copywrighted. Therefore it is illegal for anyone else to use his work without his permission, which has obviously happened.

you can't do that

indeed you can't.

I understand that the entire purpose of all the mods availible on this website is to alter the work of EA to make this wonderful game even better. This is itself a copywright infringement. Aditionally, using most (if not all) of the logo's on these covers is infringing on the copywright of the respective companies. I would therefore be inclined to remove them (especially the MLB and MLBPA official Liscences, since they clearly doesn't exist, and could potentially lead to trouble), except perhaps the EA logo because they did indeed create the game, and are entitled to credit, even if we don't have permission to use the logo.

Maybe we should just close this thread with all the shittalking going on. It's not really that beneficial to anybody anyway. KC already made some great ones, did he not?

I hope not, I enjoyed following this thread, and belive that an upgraded box cover would be a cool addition. I'm pretty tired of manny (even though I live and die red sox!) on the cover.

In conclusion. If someone wants to use someone else's template for something, it's good practice to ask first. I believe all the modders here are not selfish people, and a simple pm could even land you a .psd template file (i've seen it many times). Taking someone else's template without permission, however, is a big no no, and should really never be done (I understand the implications of the logo's, particularly EA's, but that's an entirely different ballgame).

I think that this place needs to stay a community, and the only way to do that is to be courteous to one another. This means being polite and asking for others' work rather than just assuming it's o.k. to imitate (in this case by copying certain aspects of redsx2434's cover design).

I'm sorry tebjr. I know that you're a moderator, and have more power than I, but you're wrong. redsx2324 obviously worked hard to create a realistic cd cover design, and felt abused that others had just copied it for their own covers. He deserves credit for his hard work, and does not deserve your criticism in this particular situation.

The End (I hope...sorry if I come off as being harsh, but this argument is retarted and needs to end before it causes more harm).

Maybe we should just close this thread with all the shittalking going on. It's not really that beneficial to anybody anyway. KC already made some great ones, did he not?

I agree. If a Moderator or an Admin could close this thread thank you. Just out of curiosity, where are these covers that KC made? I would be very interested to take look at one. Thanks.

Redsx2434, again, sorry if it looked like i was trying to 'steal' your work, but i can assure you that there was no such intent. i mean really, if i was, would i have mentioned your original work in my post? anyways, odvisouly i'm pretty new to this, so all im asking is you take a deep breathe and cut a newb some slack, fair enough?

anyhow, i think this is a community forum and we're all working together for a common goal. i wouldnt want to see this thread deleted cause theres odviously some really nice potential here and i'd like to continue to see some of these cd/dvd covers everyone is working on. as for my work, if anyone would like to touch it up or make some changes or whatever, feel free to..of course id like to get credit for my work but if u think you can improve on it, go for it.

here's a jewel case cover i've been working on..it should be the correct size too, so hopefully you can print it out and just slip it right into the cd cover.

pcjewelbox.jpg

I believe all the modders here are not selfish people, and a simple pm could even land you a .psd template file (i've seen it many times). Taking someone else's template without permission, however, is a big no no, and should really never be done (I understand the implications of the logo's, particularly EA's, but that's an entirely different ballgame).

redsx2324 obviously worked hard to create a realistic cd cover design, and felt abused that others had just copied it for their own covers. He deserves credit for his hard work, and does not deserve your criticism in this particular situation.

bull....

1)i wouldnt label redsx2324 as a modder; this isnt modding... its basic graphic design- u ask kc, kraw, hory, and totte if his "work" was modding... i can gurantee you their answer...

2)redsx ADMITTED he bummed it off google... so really he bummed it off ea

3)his original was a crappy job in the first place

4)Its not his work to begin with, so its not even possible for "his work" to get stolen

5) your case law is a little off... remember walt disney and mortimer... oh.. .. yea....

let's just drop it and get back on topic... i'll work on a new willis one, but my favor to ask:

could people post their favorite pictures of willis, ones that they would like to see on the cover i'm about to make? you don't need to host and post the image, just a link would be fine. i would prefer large images, but any size would do.

i hope to be able to take what the community likes, make it into a cover that the community would like to use, thereby saving people from having to put forth effort if they're not comfortable using photoshop.

Archived