MVP 06 CD/DVD cover

tomwebb

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only problem is thome wasn't part of the sox team last year...

I think he was referring to the championship celebration going on in the background... which Thome wasn't a part of... because he wasn't a part of the team then. Yup.

...not that it matters. The cover looks great, man!

I think he was referring to the championship celebration going on in the background... which Thome wasn't a part of... because he wasn't a part of the team then. Yup.

...not that it matters. The cover looks great, man!

yeah thats wat i figured..oh well as long as the point gets across..

and thanks for the compliment :D

i was indeed talking about thome not having been on the winning team, and also that thome missed a bunch of the '05 season. that was in response to the logic behind some of the names, such the MVPs of last season, but mainly the argument of manny was only chosen because he was the face of the red sox and the red sox were part of the theme because they won the title, and manny made the cover cause he was the series mvp. that's why i said i had a problem with it. but it does indeed look solid.

wow guys...all the covers look great--especially the last one with thome.

i don't agree with the thome cover, but the background is nice and the logos are perfect. i like how mvp mods is noticably on the cover without taking up too much room.

For whoever does the PC cover, you should cut the title (EA SPORTS MVP 06 Major League Baseball) from the XBOX cover and use it in the PC game. that title is by far the most authentic and best looking.

great job on the covers everyone.

ps--i agree with dontrelle on the cover, but i'm okay with almost anyone--although im getting a little tired of red sox since the 05 game is (seemingly) so full of red sox backgrounds, etc.

i was indeed talking about thome not having been on the winning team, and also that thome missed a bunch of the '05 season. that was in response to the logic behind some of the names, such the MVPs of last season, but mainly the argument of manny was only chosen because he was the face of the red sox and the red sox were part of the theme because they won the title, and manny made the cover cause he was the series mvp. that's why i said i had a problem with it. but it does indeed look solid.

ah i see where your coming from man, that makes sense. i thought it'd be cool to have him on 2006 cause he's having a good year this year, kinda leaving behind the crummy season he had in '05

the whole xbox outline basically every part of the pic but the K-rod

the outline of the x-box is actually just a template that someone posted on this thread previously, personally i think its the best looking one to work with. i'll just post it here to save u the trouble of looking for it:

xbox.jpg

as for the rest of it, its really just a backround with a main player in the foreground. just pick whatever image u want in the backround, copy and paste it over the x-box, make whatever color enhancements you fancy (i use 'color remove' and add some brightness to get the black and white effect) and then erase around the edges of the x-box cover, so it fits in that kinda ovalish frame of the front cover. that should be your backround.

then, cut out the main figure/player you want in the foreground and paste it on there, erasing around the parts where it might go over the edge

finally, i use the eraser (on a pretty low opacity) to smooth out the edge between the backround and the x-box cover. that should pretty much cover it, let me know if theres anything else u need help with.

sure tebjr, i'll get started on it tonight, prolly wont finish til tommorow, but i'll for sure post it as soon as im done.

Archived