Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it possile to create mbe for roster which contains mvp 08? is newest than 6.0 version? thanks

If you have MVP08 installed, you can create the mbe-file yourself by opening MVPedit and import the .dat-files from the mvp2005/data/database folder before clicking save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gee, Cavicchi, I can't get anything past you!

But wait a minute, my 2008 ratings are based off the 3 year splits from 05-07, in which Taveras batted .300 against RHP!

Shocker!

Well, sure is a shocker since he only played 97 games in 2007. Taveras is in no way an 87 contact against righties. What did he do without 2007? And, do you always use three-year splits?

KG,

By the way, how come you didn't jump in to answer my question about Brandon Webb? It is just right above my post on Taveras.

Three-year splits? OK, let's take a quick look at Hafner and A-Rod.

Hafner: 2005-2007 had 68 homers against righties in 948 AB comes out to frequency of 13.94. A-Rod during same period had 109 homers against righties in 1338 AB with frequency of 12.28. Slugging numbers are also better for A-Rod. Now we can take a look at your ratings:

A-Rod against righties has power of 91 same as Hafner and Hafner has Home Run rating of 11 while A-Rod has 10.

It's become abundantly clear that Cavicchi should create a whole new set of rosters.

Get to it, we are all eagerly waiting.

Great contribution to the thread. Congratulations on bringing your wisdom into the conversation.

What do you think this thread is for? Just to say great job or also to bring up errors?

Does Brandon Webb really throw a sinker with trajectory of left 2-8 :?:

He has possibly the best sinker ever that burrows in on RH hitters. YES IT MOVES THAT WAY.

MVPEdit says trajectory of 2-8 is not recommended for that pitch, which is what got me interested. Now, the question I have for you is how exactly do you know his sinker moves 2-8? I have never seen that trajectory for any sinker and just asking...

-Go to MLB.com

-Pull up Gameday Enhanced

-Find a sequence that has his sinker.

-Press F12 Print Screen.

-Upload the JPEG here.

-Show how it DOESN'T break 2-8.

I just looked in UR 8.1 and he's listed with trajectory of 1-7 for his sinker. Seems like they don't know what you know, at least not yet. It will be interesting to see what UR has for him in the next edition.

I need a new pair of glasses, been playing too much baseball, so I'll skip that JPEG thing.