MVP Street Baseball Art

sdoyle7798

As you may or may not know, there are some of us trying to come up with an MVP Street Mod. Of course, we will need art for it.

This thread will be dedicated to the art of the street mod. What do I mean by art? CTS's, loading screens, logo, CD/game cover, and uniforms. If I forgot any, please let me know. Also, with uniforms, please show an in game shot.

Post all idea's in this thread for them to be considered. All art ideas posted in the original MVP Street thread before this thread was created will be up for consideration as well. Please have all art submitted by Friday, November 17, 2006* at midnight PST (that's Friday night/Saturday morning). Voting will begin at that time and will run until Friday, November 24, 2006*, again at midnight PST (Friday night/Saturday morning).

Submit as much as you'd like, but vote only once. Thanks, and let's see what you can do!

*EDIT: The date has been moved to December 8, 2006. Same deal, due by midnight (Fri. night/Sat. morning) . Voting will begin at that time and go untill December 15, 2006 at midnight (Fri. night/Sat. morning).

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea. What about elimating the catcher and umpire. When I play stickball, there is no catcher or ump. We play with a spray painted or taped up strike zone.

What you can do is take a vert, and stretch it out right in front of the catcher and ump. Then make it brick and put a little strike zone.

So vitually the catcher and ump would still be there, but behind the vert or wall. This can all be done in O-edit.

If you do this, I suggest you remove all the verts that make up homeplate, first, second, and third. Then just make it to appear as if the field was spray painted.

If no one gets what I said, i guess I can come up with a stadium for you guys. I can't promis anything, but I can make something happen.

So generics created/drafted will have "gold in they mouf?"

So if we have enough "street" generic cyberfaces, could we not create street teams? Obviously from the same cities and with the same team names as the MLB counterparts (or the audio wouldnt match).

I have an idea. What about elimating the catcher and umpire. When I play stickball, there is no catcher or ump. We play with a spray painted or taped up strike zone.

What you can do is take a vert, and stretch it out right in front of the catcher and ump. Then make it brick and put a little strike zone.

I'm not sure if a brick wall coming out of nowhere would really fit so well, unless you integrate it into the entire park, which would be a little odd. What I suggest is much simpler, just have the person turn off umpires in the display menu. There's no way to functionally take out balls and strikes or throws to second, so the catcher has to be there. I'd just try to make the facemask and padding look as grungy and old as possible.

NYM, if you are going to make a stadium, I'd try to make it really simple. There's no reason to get fancy on this, since it's not really necessary for the look and feel of the mod.

Also, digitalchaos, I love the images. I would much rather it have the real feel from those pictures than a photoshopped image.

Maybe there should be a CD/DVD cover added to the contest. Like what they are trying to get for MVP 06: MLB Mod.

I think a good pic for the cover would be one of an MLB player in regular clothes with a bat or a glove or something. And then a outline on top like an EA Sports outline.

I like this idea. I'll add it to the opening post.

I have been working on a game cover for MVP 06: Street. The cover player I chose is Huston Street. Get it, Huston Street, MVP Street? Whatever.

Anyway, I can't figure out how to get the white box where it says 'MVP 06: Street' over top of the player. I hope someone could either finish it off for me, or try to explain how I can do it?

Here they are:

coverstreetjust.jpg

templatesquarestreet.jpg

Archived