People On this Site

Campo09

I read the forums nearly every day and just don't have much to say.

I was, however, really turned off a few months back when I posted and somebody called me a "noob" because I had only 20-some posts in 2 years on the site.

Don't worry about it man, as I'm sure you're already aware there is no correlation between post count and the "quality" of a site member.

In fact the opposite is often true.

ah shoot, I'm so stupid.

I thought your name was GOI-RISH. Not, Go Irish. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I think we should charge marinerschas2 $ for the entertainment he enjoys. He's like going into Barnes and Noble but not buying any books! :o)

Mo that is priceless..thanks for the laugh. Actually I have been on this site for over a year under the name Cubswin2k3..but my account got screwed up and Ihad Trues help me and this is my new account...but even over that year years time...I have probably posted 70 or 80 times....but I will admit....I feel like you guys are friends...even though you dont really know me, because I read all of your post and have so for the last year.

i can't really say when i first started posting - i was downloading for a bit, then i started posting, and never really stopped.

I can Tuesday June 20th 2006, at 1:44, That was your first post.

But when you started getting into it more, id say September

i can't really say when i first started posting - i was downloading for a bit, then i started posting, and never really stopped.

never really stopped is an understatement. You joined 154 days ago (June 19 to November 20), and have 1067 posts. 1067/154 = 6.9285 posts per day... jesus christ.

D-unit: 247 days, 3909 posts = 15.8259 posts per day... holy cow.

Snailman: 459 days, 32 posts = .069716 posts per day.

(maybe I messed up on the math)

I don't post often, just occasionally when I have something legitimate to say. Example: one time a while ago, my computer glitched and instead of swinging my batter bunted for a homerun (i wish I'd taken a video, as my screen shots sucked). I've modded my own game myself a little (thanks to some pretty sweet tutorials), and I would like to produce some more public mods, but I don't have time. I read the forums all the time though, and I always use the search function!

never really stopped is an understatement. You joined 154 days ago (June 19 to November 20), and have 1067 posts. 1067/154 = 6.9285 posts per day... jesus christ.

D-unit: 247 days, 3909 posts = 15.8259 posts per day... holy cow.

Snailman: 459 days, 32 posts = .069716 posts per day.

(maybe I messed up on the math)

I don't post often, just occasionally when I have something legitimate to say. Example: one time a while ago, my computer glitched and instead of swinging my batter bunted for a homerun (i wish I'd taken a video, as my screen shots sucked). I've modded my own game myself a little (thanks to some pretty sweet tutorials), and I would like to produce some more public mods, but I don't have time. I read the forums all the time though, and I always use the search function!

Very nice post.

15 posts a day? Damn. You should also take into account I didn't post or D/L for the first month I was registered.

It doesn't matter how many posts a person has or how long they've been here to compile those posts. And it doesn't matter if some people who have been here since this site opened up only have twenty posts. Maybe they don't want to post. If you enjoy the site, you spend time here and have fun talk baseball or anything you want and I can't think of anything wrong about that.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't matter how many posts a person has or how long they've been here to compile those posts. And it doesn't matter if some people who have been here since this site opened up only have twenty posts. Maybe they don't want to post. If you enjoy the site, you spend time here and have fun talk baseball or anything you want and I can't think of anything wrong about that.

Exactly. I don't know why people are making such a big deal of it, really. Like you said, "If you enjoy the site, you spend time here and have fun talk baseball or anything you want", why make a big fuss? Isn't the point of a forum to have a conversation broken down into individual statements? If you're on here about 30 minutes or more a day, I don't see how that's suddenly worthy of a "jesus christ" or "holy cow". I mean, many people on this site only choose to download the mods, and that's perfectly fine with me - those great mods deserved to be used by everybody. If people also choose to discuss with the community, they also have that option which seems perfectly fine to me.

And if you go to any other site that's been around for even only 2 or 3 years like this one - you see people with post counts upwards of 10-20,000. I think we're in pretty good shape for now... :)

Everybody keeps saying a post a lot. If you take the amount of posts I have (approximately 649), and divide it by the number of days I have been registered (approximately 165), you'll get around 4 posts/day.
Yes, but you had some long periods of not posting - If you had the average number of posts per day over the last, say, 30 or even 60 days, it would definitely be over 4 a day. Still, as far as I'm concerned, as long as you make quality and insightful posts, no one should complain...

Archived