Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

You need to download the Total Installer Thingy program (TiT) which can be found in the download section. Install that in the directory of the game. You will be able to install the new uniforms with that.

Remember to get the two patches for Mvp 12 which are also in the download section. Take your time and good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to create some old time early 1970's uniforms for MVP 2005. Stecropper has been my tutor. I tried sending him emails with no response...he's probably out. I have several questions: how can I get emblem graphics off of a catcher's helmet without making a mess out of the original color or format? Also, I want to do a 1971 A's uniform set from the postseason...where can I get a template for a sleeveless jersey or a pull-over jersey??? If I remove the graphics off of current made jersey, then I would mess up the background jersey. I have redone the 1971 Orioles double-knit home and the flannel road and I have created the 1971 Orioles postseason road set, but I'm waiting for Stecropper to approve them for upload since he was my tutor. Thanks for the help. BRobby05 feel free to email me at brobby05@embarqmail.com.

I've been trying to create some old time early 1970's uniforms for MVP 2005. Stecropper has been my tutor. I tried sending him emails with no response... he's probably out . I have several questions: how can I get emblem graphics off of a catcher's helmet without making a mess out of the original color or format? Also, I want to do a 1971 A's uniform set from the postseason...where can I get a template for a sleeveless jersey or a pull-over jersey??? If I remove the graphics off of current made jersey, then I would mess up the background jersey. I have redone the 1971 Orioles double-knit home and the flannel road and I have created the 1971 Orioles postseason road set, but I'm waiting for Stecropper to approve them for upload since he was my tutor. Thanks for the help. BRobby05 feel free to email me at brobby05@embarqmail.com.

I believe that's what I said above. That's why I thought awhile that I would ask here. Do you have answers to my question?

I believe that's what I said above. That's why I thought awhile that I would ask here. Do you have answers to my question?

Yes I do but before I do that let me ask you why you think he has to approve them for upload?

Now if I were you I'd do this. I'd install those uniforms into your game and I'd take some in-game screenshots of them. Show people your '71 Orioles double knit uniforms, the flannel road ones and the post season road uniforms. Ask people what they think of them and how they like them.

pause the game and use your replay options to freeze it where you want to capture. hit the print screen button on you keyboard. paste it in a image file in photoshop or something like it. you can use other programs to do multiple freeze shots too, like fraps.

Could someone please supply me with genuine 1 color block numbers (1970 Reds), and genuine 1 color Varsity numbers (1980 Royals Home)and 2 color Varsity numbers (83 Angels)? I searched through my downloads and the models.big in my data directory of the regular with out any help. I found that most font sets had varsity and block mixed in one number or set. I'm NOT afraid of doing the work myself if told in detail how. I don't know how to do the fonts or alphas from scratch. I want to make a true 1 color block set to use with a 1972-? Reds Home & road set instead of using the 1970's for my TC1974.

Thanks,

BRobby05

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question regarding installing cyberfaces. I've done a fresh install of the MVP12 mod (amazing; thank you to all who contributed) and I'm trying to install a new cyberface for Starling Marte, whom currently uses a generic face (ID# 915). From reading Homer's tutorial, I understand a cyberface ID must be between 001 and 900; however, browsing the models.big file with EAGraph, I noticed there are no free ID's in that range. Surely, there are unused IDs in that range. How can I determine which IDs do not correspond with faces currently being used?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance!

Go to the player ID list thread. Kyleb has recently updated the list. Marte's official number is 719, I believe. So what you are seeing in your models.big file is that slot being occupied, though it may be by a defunct player. When kyle assigns a number he also indicates which player no longer is assigned that number. Also, you have to watch that some cyberface makers, like jogar, don't use the official list. But, you can easily change the 3 files to the number in the official list if you want to. But if you don't, then you need to make sure that that player is assigned the matching number which can be changed within MVPedit. So, the bottom line is, everything must match up to show correctly in games. This is why some guys here are ending up with mismatched bodies and heads.

dafly, thank you for the reply. The link to Kyleb's thread was very helpful.

However, I am continuing to experience crashes after uploading new cyberface files via EAGraph for Marte. I'm using the Import Wizard and all three files (c719.fsh, orl & ord) are importing successfully. Then, I'm compressing with bigGUI. When I click to edit Marte in-game, it crashes!

I created the cyberface and fsh files myself with photoshop and nfshtool. I also tried importing via TiT, but it still crashes. Could you provide any insight into what might be the problem? Thanks in advance!

I've managed to isolate the issue -- the orl & ord files. I imported the fsh with bigGUI, compressed and launched the game with no crashing. I was using orl and ord files from another player and simply renaming them to match c719.fsh, my new cyberface for Marte. Evidently, this is an issue. Since I'm not capable of shape editing, is there another way to use a pre-made headshape?

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem with my uniforms.big file constantly getting messed up. Here is my procedure for installing unis...could you correct me please if something's wrong.

1. I open up MVP Studio and open the team with the hammer and wrench.

2. I double check the uniform positions for what I want to see on the uniform.

3. I pick the uniform that I want to replace and hit the + button.

4. I then put the corresponding item in each place of my "new" uniform and repress the + button and wait until complete.

5. I move to where the new uni is and put a black dot in the circle and then right & left click on the lower right circle and then exit.

6. I then reenter MVP Studio, open the team and go to the uniform that I was doing and put a black dot in the circle and press the + button.

7. I go into the MVP Studio folder into saves and I then use those files to fill the bmp, u and f places and repress the + button and wait until completed and then exit Studio.

8. I go into the saves folder and copy those files into a folder called "models" in my home folder of MVP 2005 and then start Installer Thingy, click on the button for the models and finish the job.

9. I exit out of INstaller Thingy and then copy the uniforms.big from Studio into the Frontend folder and then copy the models.big from the data folder in MVP 2005 to replace the one in the Studio Folder.

10. Then I try the game.

I'd really appreciate the help.

Again, how can I also make a night stadium day and a day stadium night?

Thanks,

BRobby05

first step is to stop using mvp studio. it hasn't been updated in years and can be very buggy. if you want to install uniforms, use TIT. it's quick and easy. name the uniform files to the slot your want, and a bmp of the portrait to the slot you want, zip it up, and install with TIT. it does it all for you. just need to be sure the extension on the bmp file is in lower case.

first step is to stop using mvp studio. it hasn't been updated in years and can be very buggy. if you want to install uniforms, use TIT. it's quick and easy. name the uniform files to the slot your want, and a bmp of the portrait to the slot you want, zip it up, and install with TIT. it does it all for you. just need to be sure the extension on the bmp file is in lower case.

Homer you're right. Fuzzone made that utility many years ago and it was released before Vista came out. I enjoyed that studio program very much when we first got the game but as you said it could be buggy too. I can't recall how many times the program crashed on me. But it was still a nice program for its time. TiT is fine and if you really want to, use EAgraph. But the total installer thingy is the way to go.

Thanks guys, for all your help. I'll give it a shot today. I'd love to have a 10 spot for each time that I had to start everything from scratch and replace also the spots in most of the teams.

I also asked about making a particular stadium (Tiger Stadium, etc.) either from day to nite or nite to day. I want to take the KC Municipal Stadium from TC10 and make it a specific day or specific nite (sky that is not just rename the file name). I was told by changing the sky file inside like millday or kaufnite. I tried that but it messed it up.

Thanks,

BRobby05

I tried the instructions given above for the uniforms this morning and it worked great!!! Thanks a million. I would really like to have help with the Municipal Stadium thing.

Thanks again,

BRobby05

• 3 weeks later...

I have another question. Thanks to Jim825 I conquered the question about changing day to nite and vice versa. How can I change the stadium audios that say, "Welcome to ..."? I have used the TC1969 for the base for my 1971TC and of course it has Connie Mack at Shibe Park. I changed the stadium select screen to Veterans Stadium, but how can I get it to say "Veterans Stadium" instead of "Shibe Park"? There's a couple more like that too that I have to change.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

BRobby05

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain how I can get the MLB logo from off the back of the caps? I did a search here in the forum and I looked through the files themselves without result.

Thanks,

BRobby05

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to modify a 1971 Expos cap. Below is my latest try. I know that the white is correct because of my experiments with my 83 O's and a fella who did a 70's Twins hat. I just can't figure out how to get the red in there correctly. I could really use some help from a uniform modder. I've attached also a pic of John Bateman which you can see the side and the back of Ron Fairly's in the background.

Thanks in advance,

BRobby05

post-105626-0-22391000-1375802441_thumb.

post-105626-0-21426900-1375802445_thumb.

post-105626-0-98218600-1375802492_thumb.