* Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days *

redsox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man. Appreciate the comments. I think my pre-game/post-game formats are set. Now I am concentrating on doing something with the lineup card. Not sure what I can come up with though. It doesn't look all that good for me.

Man, I forgot how scary bad our bench and bullpen were in 2005. I can never resist picking up the cheap, easy finds in a dynasty, so kudos on avoiding temptation.

Franky Francisco is just so easy to get...

[align=center]bostonbannerju5.jpg[/align]

Game 38 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (20-17) @ Seattle Mariners (17-19)

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Seattle Mariners (line score)[/align]

[align=center]NEWBOXSCOREOVERLAY-1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Full BOX SCORE - click HERE[/align]

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Seattle Mariners (Post-game report)[/align]

[align=center]game38a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Seattle Mariners (Highlight reel)[/align]

[align=center]game38b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Seattle Mariners (Post-game comments)[/align]

[align=center]game38c.jpg[/align]

Man, I forgot how scary bad our bench and bullpen were in 2005. I can never resist picking up the cheap, easy finds in a dynasty, so kudos on avoiding temptation.

Franky Francisco is just so easy to get...

Well, I couldn't avoid temptation for too long. Found a good replacement at 2B and the bullpen/starting rotation has been somewhat shuffled. Expect an update soon on a couple of trades.

I am very impressed with what you've done with it. It looks fantastic. Too bad you took the loss though. ;)

Yeah. I was so confident going into that game too. I was facing a pitcher that had an ERA over 7. But the results turned out to be quite different from what I had expected.

I am dreading this Oakland series for one reason - Steve Sparks and his nasty knuckleball.

Yeah. I was so confident going into that game too. I was facing a pitcher that had an ERA over 7. But the results turned out to be quite different from what I had expected.

I am dreading this Oakland series for one reason - Steve Sparks and his nasty knuckleball.

I've faced Wakefield many times, and the only advice I can give you is to 'wait'. Wait on every pitch until it almost cross the plate.

You might not hit him too hard, but making contact at least gives you a chance.

Nice work man. I like those trades. They should help you out. I hit well with Giles, too bad he doesn't have a record that needs breaking for my dynasty.
Yeah, I very much like Giles. I am actually playing a San Diego Padres dynasty with the 2007 mod and with 62 games into the season, Giles is batting .354 with 7 HR and 39 RBIs. Its pretty impressive.

Besides I like the batting stance that Totte gave him in UR 2.3. Its very slick. Its easy for me to go the other way with that stance.

Game 39 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (20-18) @ Oakland Athletics (17-20)

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Oakland Athletics (line score)[/align]

[align=center]NEWBOXSCOREOVERLAY-2.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Full BOX SCORE - click HERE[/align]

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Oakland Athletics (Post-game report)[/align]

[align=center]game39a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Oakland Athletics (Highlight reel)[/align]

[align=center]game39b.jpg[/align]

Archived