* Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days *

redsox

Hope you guys have enjoyed this dynasty so far. I am off to Florida for my spring break vacation and will be back in a week. I will begin posting again once I come back. Until then take care.

Also, if you guys could let me know which one would be best (out of the 3 options that I had provided earlier) that would be great. Thanks for checking in and take care.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellhorn wants to keep his job eh?

Yeah. Looks like it. The thing is I am kind of loyal to players that helped win the 2004 WS. So I am kind of hesitant in trading Belhorn right away. Especially after just 1 month. I may probably send him down for a week or so and see if it helps.

His ratings are good enough so that he can hit somewhere in .260-.270 range. Anyway, I am about to play some games right now and will start posting once they are done.

[align=center]bostonbannerju5.jpg[/align]

Game 27 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (14-12) @ Detroit Tigers (13-13)

[align=center]Maroth and Inge lead the Tigers over the Red Sox![/align]

Player of the Game: Mike Maroth (7 Inn, 2 ER, 8 hits, 0 BBs, 3 SO)

[align=center]game27a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: The Tigers grounds crew did a great job with the diamond shaped pattern on the field today. Very nice!

Right: Brandon Inge had a great game and is here seen smacking a 2-run double off of Wakefield

[/align]

[align=justify]Tigers took the 2nd game of the 4-game series against the Red Sox with a final score of 5-2. A strong pitching performance by Mike Maroth lead the way while Brandon Inge came through in a bases loaded situation off of Tim Wakefield. Wakefield, who had been Boston's most reliable starter and the ace of the staff thus far, was handed his first loss as he could not get out of a bases loaded jam. The 2nd inning, in which the Tigers scored 3 runs, started off with Dimitri Young, Carlos Pena, and Rondell White getting back-to-back-to-back bases hits. This brought up Brandon Inge to the plate and he promptly took a 3-1 offering from Wakefield and dispatched it deep center field. This scored two runs while he ended up with a double and White reaching safely at 3rd. Fernando Vina grounded out back to the pitcher for the first out. With runners still at 2nd and 3rd and with just one out, Carlos Guillen hit a dribbler down the first base side. Kevin Millar had a chance of getting White at home - all he had to do was throw it perfectly to Mirabelli. But a off-balanced throw from Millar resulted in White scoring the 3rd run of the game and Guillen was awarded with a base hit for his hustle.[/align]

[align=center]game27b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Kevin Millar makes an off-balanced throw to home that resulted in a run being scored. Right: Mirabelli cannot handle the wide throw from Kevin Millar as a Detroit run scores.

[/align]

[align=justify]The Tigers would score two more runs in the fourth inning - in answer to the two runs Boston had scored in the top frame of that inning. The bottom of the 4th inning started off with back-to-back triples from Rondell White and Brandon Inge that saw White scoring the 4th run of the game. After Wakefield had struck out Vina and a free-pass to Guillen, Craig Monroe hit a sacrifice fly to center field and that allowed Inge to score to make it 5-2 in favor of the Tigers. This would be the last inning that any team would score as Mike Maroth pitched a great game and Wakefield settled down after giving up those 5 runs.

Jay Payton continued his hot hitting for the Red Sox as he went 2-4 with an RBI and increased his average to .463. Boston scored its 2 runs in the top of the fourth inning when David Ortiz (who hit a double) was driven home by a RBI single from Manny Ramirez. Payton followed that with a triple to score Ramirez and cut the Tigers lead to 1. But that was all the Sox were able to score off of Maroth and the Tigers bullpen. Troy Percival came out in the 9th to pitch for his 4th save of the season.[/align]

Terry Francona - "This hot hitting by Payton has really posed a dilemma as he needs to be out there every night but we just don't have an opening. It is really a hard decision for me to make everyday."

Alan Trammell - "That was a great outing today from Maroth. He did exactly what we were expecting off of him. It was not an easy task to compete against Wakefield but he did it and was successful. All credits to him."

*The 3rd game of this 4-game series will be played tomorrow at 1:00pm CT. Jason Johnson takes the ball for Detroit and will be opposed Matt Clement (BOS).*

[align=center]game27c.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Jay Payton is frustrated with a call as he makes the last out of the game. Right: The Tigers are seen congratulating each other on a job well done.

[/align]

[align=center]G27_a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G27_b.jpg[/align]

The Best Line Up :D

This dynasty causes much emotion.

I know man. It has been doing that for nearly a century now.

First time post, but I have been following your dynasty from the start. Great writing and presentation. Enjoying this very much. Keep it going.

Thanks for the compliments. I do plan on finishing out this season.

Game 28 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (14-13) @ Detroit Tigers (14-13)

[align=center]Clement shuts down the Tigers - Rentaria belts a grand slam![/align]

Player of the Game: Matt Clement (7 Inn, 0 ER, 3 hits, 1 BBs, 7 SO)

[align=center]game28a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: It was a beautiful day at the ballpark. The baseball atmosphere was just great.

Right: Big Papi had a great game today as he went 4-4 with 2 RBIs

[/align]

[align=justify]Today's game showcased a great pitching performance from Matt Clement (BOS) and the explosiveness of the Sox's offense. Boston scored 3 runs in the top of the first and never really stopped scoring after that. Their biggest inning was the top of the 6th where they scored 5 times. The first inning started off with Johnny Damon striking out. Damon has been in a slump and it continued today as he recorded just 2 hits in 6 at bats. Edgar Rentaria walked after Damon had struck out and David Ortiz followed that up with a single. Manny Ramirez doubled down the 3rd base line as Boston scored their first run of the game. After Jason Johnson had induced Trot Nixon to fly out, Kevin Millar a two-run single to make the score 3-0 in favor of the Sox in just the first inning. The biggest inning for the Boston Red Sox came in the top of the 6th inning as Edgar Rentaria smashed a grand-slam home run.

The top of the 6th inning started off with back-to-back singles from Jason Varitek and Kevin Youkilis. Ramon Vasquez was then walked to load the bases with no body out. In a big situation, Colby Lewis was able to strike out Johnny Damon but was not able to retire Rentaria after having two strikes on him. Edgar took a 2-2 pitch from Lewis and smashed over the center field wall for a grand-slam to make it 9-0 in favor of the Red Sox. David Ortiz followed that grand-slam up with a solo shot of his own as the Sox scored 10 un-answered runs in the game. Try as they might, the Tigers were just not able to generate a form of rally.[/align]

[align=center]game28b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Ledezma hits Varitek in retaliation to the grand-slam by Rentaria Right: The umpire warns both teams after Varitek got hit

[/align]

[align=justify]Matt Clement really threw a great game. Of course, what would a baseball game be with a confrontation - and that is exactly what happened between the Tigers and the Red Sox. Ledezma, in the top of the 7th inning had hit Jason Varitek right in the back probably in retaliation to the grand-slam by Rentaria in the previous inning or he may have just missed the inside corner. This brought out the home plate umpire in issuing a warning to both benches in hopes that no more batters will be hit. Varitek was actually taken out of the game for precautionary measures and has been listed as day-to-day. In response to Varitek being hit, Matt Clement in the bottom of the 8th inning, hit the first batter he pitched to. This seemed to be quite intentional. The home-plate umpire did not give a chance for the dugouts to clear as he threw Matt Clement out of the game almost immediately.[/align]

[align=center]game28c.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Clement kept finding his spots and Tigers batsmen just had no clue Right: A hot-headed home plate umpire tosses Clement after an un-intentional hit-by-pitch.

[/align]

Terry Francona - "I don't want to answer about this anymore. What do you expect us to do in this situation? Our captain gets hit INTENTIONALLY and the umpire goes off warning both teams. One thing I can assure you is that it was not intentional on our side because Varitek didn't want us to retaliate and we respect him very much. It was just a bad call by a hot-headed umpire."

Magglio Ordonez - "This was not a fun game for us. We were pushed to the core and we were never able to get it going. Thats all I have to say. I am not answering any questions about the hit batsmen."

[align=center]game28d.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left to Right: The only thing the Tigers had going was the defense. Carlos Guillen makes a great play to start an inning ending double-play[/align]

[align=justify]*The last game of this 4-game series is to be played tomorrow at 1:10 pm ET. Wade Miller will take the ball for Boston in hopes of taking 3 out of 4 from the Tigers. The Sox will be heading back home after tomorrow's game to face the Mariners.*[/align]

League Notes:

[align=justify]*Jason Varitek has been listed as day-to-day with a bruising to a side of his back. He will most likely be rested for tomorrow's game and will start again against the Mariners back home.*

*The recent struggles of Johnny Damon could be attributed to a foot injury that he suffered during spring training. The doctors will be diagnosing him today and along with Varitek, will sit out tomorrow's game.*

*Joe Crede (CWS) has sustained a torn left shoulder muscle and will be out for the rest of the season. This is a huge blow to the White Sox who will no have to shop for a corner-infielder. Crede was batting .308 2HR 7RBIs in 104AB at the time of the injury.*

*Ben Broussard (CLE) has pulled a hamstring and will require at least fortnight to make his come back. He was batting .241 1HR 4RBIs in 16 games for the Indians.*[/align]

[align=center]G28_a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G28_b.jpg[/align]

Clement and Renteria helping us win? What the hell kind of bizarro world is this?

My question is, are you going to make the same trades as Theo, or will you hunt for your own bargains at the deadline? The 2b spot is definitely in need of upgrade.

Clement and Renteria helping us win? What the hell kind of bizarro world is this?

I know. But of-course Rentaria is not doing all that good with the average though. I can't believe how similar my dynasty is to the real 2005 Red Sox. Rentaria, Belhorn struggling, Wakefield turning out to be the best pitcher so far. And a back-and-forth game with the offense.

My question is, are you going to make the same trades as Theo, or will you hunt for your own bargains at the deadline? The 2b spot is definitely in need of upgrade.

I don't think I will be making the exact same deals as Theo but may actually try and get Cora soon. Also, I am actually thinking of acquiring Furcal for Rentaria and am thinking of acquiring Feliz for playing 2nd.

The thing is I just don't want to make some major trades being so far away from the trade-deadline. One thing is I am most likely going to be making a blockbuster deal (but only near the deadline).

Also, I have to see what I can do with Payton. The man is hitting well over .450. Showing that he needs playing time.

Game 29 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (15-13) @ Detroit Tigers (14-14)

[align=center]Tigers walk off in style in front of a packed house![/align]

Player of the Game: Brandon Inge (2-3, 1 HR, 2 RBIs, 1 BB)

[align=center]game29a.jpg[/align]

[align=justify]Nobody knows what it is with playing in these games that follow an emotional pre-game ceremony - but one thing is for sure, it definitely does provide a morale boost to the home team. The Tigers split the 4-game series with the Red Sox with some strong pitching and a very timely walk-off blast. This game featured a pitching duel between Wade Miller and Nate Robertson and the Tigers would eventually win off of an unlikely pitcher. Boston was the first team to score a run, and it did so in the top of the 2nd inning. Nate Robertson started the inning by getting out Payton. He then walked Kevin Youkilis and then forced Mirabelli to fly out. Bill Mueller and Ramon Vasquez struck back-to-back singles that saw Youkilis score the first run of the game. This was Vasquez's 1st RBI of the season. The score would remain 1-0 all the way until the bottom of the 9th inning when Keith Foulke found himself in a very unlikely position for the first time this season.[/align]

[align=center]game29b.jpg[/align]

[align=justify]Brandon Inge began the bottom of the 9th inning with a 8-pitch walk. Omar Infante tried to move the runner along by bunting but was unable to lay a good one down. But he too took the cont to 3-2 and would battle with Foulke in trying to get on base. Eventually Foulke was able to strike him out but it had required a lot of pitches from him. The next pitch was quite scary as Carlos Guillen was hit on his head. This was clearly un-intentional as Guillen was hit by a circle-change but it did knock Guillen down for a minute. The worst part about it was that it hit him right on the forehead - missing the helmet. After about a 5 minute break, the inning continued with Craig Monroe hitting into a fielder's choice for the second out. Ivan Rodriguez came through in the clutch as he delivered a 2-out RBI single to tie the game up at 1. Foulke was able to get out of the inning without allowing any more runs to score, but the damage had done. This was the first time Foulke had given up a run this season.

There was more drama in the bottom of the 10th where the Tigers won with a walk-off blast from Brandon Inge. Carlos Pena drew a one out walk from Foulke and with two outs, Inge took a 2-2 pitch over the right center-field wall for a two run home run. This was Inge's first home run of the season and it couldn't have come at a better time.[/align]

[align=center]game29c.jpg[/align]

Ivan Rodriguez - "It was definitely a great win for us and was a great game. The pre-game ceremony quite impressive. They really did a great job with the presentation and it was great to see Mr. Sparky Anderson."

*No Boston players/coaches were available for comment.*

[align=center]G29_a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G29_b.jpg[/align]

I love the lighting effects you made in that first screen. Nice use of photoshop in your entire format. Keep up the good work.
Thanks. Really appreciate the comments.

You know, I just hope that the dynasty presentations are in par with what JoeRudi26 did with his A's dynasty. That dynasty was a thing of beauty.

Thanks. Really appreciate the comments.

You know, I just hope that the dynasty presentations are in par with what JoeRudi26 did with his A's dynasty. That dynasty was a thing of beauty.

Thanks again for the compliments redsox. Your Dynasty looks great and keeps improving.

I realize how much work goes into it, and I know how difficult it is to try and keep up and post your games regularly.

I've been working on something special (since around December) for my Dynasty this summer, so as you can imagine I'll be posting around Opening Day. I'm ahead of the 'game' so to speak, so hopefully I can keep up a little better than I did last year.

Like I said, great job on your Dynasty so far, hopefully as the season starts we'll all stay inspired to take it to the end.

Thanks again for the compliments redsox. Your Dynasty looks great and keeps improving.

I realize how much work goes into it, and I know how difficult it is to try and keep up and post your games regularly.

I've been working on something special (since around December) for my Dynasty this summer, so as you can imagine I'll be posting around Opening Day. I'm ahead of the 'game' so to speak, so hopefully I can keep up a little better than I did last year.

Like I said, great job on your Dynasty so far, hopefully as the season starts we'll all stay inspired to take it to the end.

Thanks for those kind words. Yours is one dynasty that I really looking forward to. Thanks for checking in. Take care.

Game 30 of 162 : Seattle Mariners (14-14) @ Boston Red Sox (15-14)

[align=center]King Felix captures his first kingdom in the American League![/align]

[align=center]Seattle Mariners @ Boston Red Sox (Post-game report)[/align]

[align=center]game30a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]game30b.jpg[/align]

Mike Hargrove - "I have heard so much about the talent this kid has, but I finally witnessed first hand as to what they were all talking about. It was a great game that Felix threw out there today. To keep down an offensive team like the Boston Red Sox is not easy and he does it in his first game in the big leagues. Truly amazing."

Terry Francona - "Felix was great today. We had some opportunities to get at him but were not able to come through. And we need to find a way to stop a rampant Ichiro right now. We will be reviewing a lot tonight and go from there."

[align=center]G30_a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G30_b.jpg[/align]

Archived