* Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days *

redsox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This dynasty is great!! Good job redsox, I will be following this one.

Thanks man. I have a lot of ideas that I have thought of that I want to do with this dynasty to keep it interesting.

I am actually working on right now and will try and upload it tonight.

[align=center]bostonbannerju5.jpg[/align]

Game 14 of 162 : Toronto Blue Jays (8-6) @ Boston Red Sox (6-7)

[align=center]A wild night at Fenway Park - Sox end homestand with a loss![/align]

Player of the Game: Russ Adams (2 for 5, 1HR, 3RBIs)

[align=center]game14afc7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Bill Mueller makes an one-handed grab and throw. Right: Youkilis can't grab hold of the off-based throw from Mueller.

[/align]

There was plenty of excitement tonight in the game between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Boston Red Sox. The game had everything - plenty of hits, home runs, great defensive plays, clutch hits, and on top of it all, it had a bench clearing brawl. Wade Miller took the mound for the Sox and showed signs of him having a great game today. But it didn't last long as one of his pitches didn't find the right spot and was belted for a 3-run home run by Russ Adams (top of the 5th). Guillermo Quiroz had belted a 2-run home run of his own in the previous inning to give the Blue Jays a 3-1 lead. The Sox did fight back in the bottom of the 5th as they drove rookie starter, Steve Grimsley, out of the game. Grimsley lasted 4 innings while giving up 4 hits and 4 runs (3 earned). Muguel Batista came in relief but wasn't able to save Grimsley.

[align=center]game14bcz6.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Russ Adams strikesout with the bases loaded but redeemed himself later. Right: Jay Payton was on top of his game today.

[/align]

The inning started off with a retaliation against Alex Rios being hit by a pitch from Wade MIller. Mark Belhorn was struck in his leg by a pitch from Grimsley and an enraged Belhorn charged the mound. The benches cleared in a matter of seconds and all the players were pushing and showing each other. The umpires were able to restore order on the field and had ejected 2 players - Mark Belhorn and Frank Menechino. It was quite a surprise that Steve Grimsley was not ejected. After the situation was calmed down, Kevin Youkilis lifted the Sox's hopes by belting a 2-run home run over the green monster to make the score 6-3 in favor of the Blue Jays. After a Jay Payton single and a Edgar Rentaria walk, Big Papi layed down a bunt and surprised everybody. Manny Ramirez came up with the bases loaded and no body out and it looked like the Blue Jays were in for a beating. But this wasn't one of Ramirez's good days as he grounded out to the 1st baseman (though a run did score). Jason Varitek and Gabe Kapler couldn't drive in any more runs in that inning as Varitek popped up to the second baseman and Kapler grounded out to the 3rd baseman.

[align=center]game14cyt6.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: The benches clear while Belhorn charges the mound. Right: Youkilis belts a 2-run HR after the brawl

[/align]

Russ Adams - "I was just looking to bunt the ball to advance the runners but when I saw a flat pitch right down the middle, I swung for it and well, you know the rest."

"None of the members of the Red Sox were available for any comment."

[align=center]g14adc9.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g14bri7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g14cnh0.jpg[/align]

Game 15 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (6-8)@ Baltimore Orioles (7-7)

[align=center]Arroyo, Sox hand Baltimore its 6 straight loss[/align]

Player of the Game: Bronson Arroyo (5 Inn. 7 hits, 1 ER, 7 SO)

[align=center]game15afc6.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Arroyo's slider was filthy today Right: That's the look of a determined pitcher

[/align]

A strong pitching by Bronson Arryo and timly hits from Mark Belhorn and Kevin Youkilis provided the Red Sox with their seventh win of the season. Both Arroyo and Daniel Cabrera had strong outings but a mistake by Cabrera in the top of the 6th inning allowed Belhorn to drive in two valuable runs. The Sox added one more run in the 9th to win the game 4-2. This game did feature 24 combined hits by both teams while only a total of 6 runs were scored. Good defense and good pitches in tough situations were the cause of this one being a low scoring game despite the 12 hits each.

[align=center]game15bbz7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Javy Lopez reaches safely to second base in a cloud of smoke. Right: A strike-him-out and a throw-him-out double killed a promising rally for the Orioles

[/align]

The Red Sox started the top of the 6th inning with 4 straight hits but not one run scored during that time. Manny Ramirez was out at home - thanks to a great throw by Sammy Sosa. Youkilis got on base with a walk and Mark Belhorn smacked a single up the middle to score 2 runs off of Daniel Cabrera. The offense for the Orioles came from the bats of Jay Gibbons and David Newhan though Newhan was partly responsible for killing a much needed rally for the Orioles. John Maine pitched great in relief for Baltimore as he went 3.2 innings while allowing just 1 run on two hits. Bronson Arroyo lasted for 5 innings during which he had given up 7 hits and an earned run while strking out 7 and walking 2. He brought his ERA down to 2.12 on the season and earned his first win of the season. After Arroyo left the game, the Sox had to use 5 different pitchers to pitch the remaining 4 innings.

Jason Varitek - "Arroyo really threw a great game. I mean, he was hitting his spots well would have pitched more innings if it wasn't for tiredness."

Javy Lopez - "We take this loss to heart. We just hope that we can start to turn this season around and start winning again."

[align=center]g15aqr9.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g15blz4.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g15cbc9.jpg[/align]

Game 16 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (7-8)@ Baltimore Orioles (7-8)

[align=center]Baltimore continue their losing streak while the Sox start a modest winning streak![/align]

Player of the Game: David Ortiz (2-4, 1HR and 4 RBIs)

[align=center]game16aos7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: A view from above: The Sox kept on getting hits after hits. Right: Big Papi belts a 3-run HR over CF

[/align]

The Red Sox were able to sweep the Orioles in this two game series thanks in big part to David Ortiz and the combination of Lenny DiNardo and Jeremi Gonzalez. DiNardo, who was called up from AA earlier today to make a spot start, pitched well but was not able to get the win due to tiredness. DiNardo lasted 4 innings in which he had given up 4 hits and 4 earned runs while striking out 6 and walking 3. For a spot start, DiNardo definitely did the trick as he really had his pitches going for him tonight. Unfortunately, he was not able to pitch 1 extra inning to earn a decision for the game.

[align=center]game16byy5.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Ramon Vazquez makes a spectacular play at second base Right: Mora tries hard to get to the mound

[/align]

The offense for Boston was provided initially by David Ortiz (2-4, 1HR, 4RBIs). Kevin Millar also chipped in to provide some offense for the Sox. He went (2-3, 1HR, 3RBIs, 2BB) in the game. The Red Sox were getting hits left and right off of pitchers Rodrigo Lopez Eric DuBose. Lopez had allowed 9 hits in 4.2 innings while DuBose had allowed 9 hits in 4.1 innings. The orioles were able to score some run here and there but was not enough to compete against the Red Sox total.

Terry Francona - "This is a good thing for us. We are slowly getting our offense back together again and hope that this modest two game winning streak turns into a huge victory streak for us."

Javy Lopez - "We have to do something and do something fast. These big loosing streaks, they have to be stopped. We feel that the offense defintely needs some change."

The Red Sox will now travel to Florida where they will meet the division leading Devil Rays in a 3 game series. Tim Wakefield takes the mound in the first game.

[align=center]g16azu1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g16bqw0.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g16cjh4.jpg[/align]

Game 17 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (8-8)@ Tampa Bay Devil Rays (11-5)

[align=center]Ageless wonder does it again - Wakefield pitches a complete game![/align]

Player of the Game: Tim Wakefield (9 Inn. 6 hits, 9 SO, 1 BB) and Jay Payton (3-3, 2 RBIs, 2 BBs)

[align=center]game17aeb9.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Jay Payton was on fire today. Here he is seen smacking a single up the middle Right: Rocco Baldelli drives in the only run of the game for the Devil Rays

[/align]

[align=center]game17bva7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Lou Piniella is seen yelling at Fossum for a couple of mistakes that he had made Right: Harper is now seen taking the brunt of Lou's anger

[/align]

Tim Wakefield (3-0, 1.64 ERA) has been nothing short of brilliant so far for the Red Sox this season - a season riddled with injuries (mainly to their starting pitchers - Schilling and Wells). Tim has taken on the load of going out on the field every 5th day and produce the type of performance that his team needs from him. Tonight was no different as he went the distance while allowing a lone run in the bottom of the 1st. Wakefield was also able to control his knuckeball very well as he allowed just 1 walk while striking out 9 Devil Rays batters. Aubrey Huff was only batter who was some what comfortable hitting against the knuckller as he went 2-4 with 1 run scored. Rocco Baldelli had driven Huff home in the bottom of the first to give the Rays a 1-0 lead, but that would be all the offense that they could muster against a spectacular Wakefield.

The Red Sox offense scored 5 runs to answer to the sole run by the Devil Rays and it was lead by Jay Payton. Nobody knows what got into him, but he has been striking the ball with full force of late and tonight was no different. He went 3-3 with 2 RBIs, and 2 BBs while scoring a run. He was penciled as the Sox's number 3 hitter today as Manny Ramirez was given the day off. Casey Fossum did start out nicely but was not able to control all of his pitches. The Sox started scoring in tne top of 3rd when Edgar Rentaria walked after a Johnny Damon groundout. Jay Payton doubled to drive home Rentaria. David Ortiz then reached on an error while Kevin Millar followed him with a walk. Kevin Youkilis and Doug Mirabelli smacked back-to-back singles to make it 3-0. The inning ended when Mark Belhorn grounded out to second base with the bases loaded and 2 outs. The Sox would add on two more runs later in the game (one in the 7th inning and one in the 8th inning).

The Sox did have an injury scare when David Ortiz sprained his back while trying to swing for the fences. He was taken out of the game for precautionary measures and has been listed as day-to-day.

Terry Francona - (on Tim Wakefield) - "Whenever we want him to perform he does. He has been extremely valuable to us so far; especially after losing both Schill and Boomer."

Lou Piniella - "What do you want to know? Huh? What? That was a horrendous showing out there today. No wonder we lost. Just because we are leading the division that does not mean we are in the driver's seat and we can take things lightly. This game is prime example. The Sox and the Yankees are not going to go away. We need to keep fighting. I just hope we turn this around tomorrow."

[align=center]g17aba7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g17bnm6.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g17caf4.jpg[/align]

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this:

Do you guys think the new stadium idea for the Devil Rays and the Marlins was a little bit too much? Does that go well with this dynasty or not?

Also, please feel free to post some of your ideas as well and I will see if I can implement it.

Thank you for everyone's input.

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this:

Do you guys think the new stadium idea for the Devil Rays and the Marlins was a little bit too much? Does that go well with this dynasty or not?

Also, please feel free to post some of your ideas as well and I will see if I can implement it.

Thank you for everyone's input.

I think thats a pretty good idea, if this is a multi year dynasty, u could move teams to different cities and stuff

My plan is to go multiple seasons - however long it may take.

Like you said, I have been thinking about moving teams to different cities. I actually wanted to move the Devil Rays to Las Vegas, well actually Las Venturas (from San Andreas). I even made jerseys for them with the Bandits logo and what not. I just didn't implement them into this dynasty - yet.

Maybe later on in my season, I may think of implementing such changes.

My plan is to go multiple seasons - however long it may take.

Like you said, I have been thinking about moving teams to different cities. I actually wanted to move the Devil Rays to Las Vegas, well actually Las Venturas (from San Andreas). I even made jerseys for them with the Bandits logo and what not. I just didn't implement them into this dynasty - yet.

Maybe later on in my season, I may think of implementing such changes.

thats pretty cool, good luck with that! ;)

Archived