* Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days *

redsox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]bostonbannerju5.jpg[/align]

Game 11 of 162 : Tampa Bay Devil Rays (7-3) @ Boston Red Sox (5-5)

[align=center]Clutch hits produces win for the Devil Rays[/align]

[align=center]game11axv5.jpg[/align]

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays improved to (8-3) on the season with some timely hits from Julio Lugo and Rocco Baldelli and defeated the Red Sox with a score of 6-3. The game started off as a pitching duel between Dewon Brazelton and John Halama, but Halama could not get out of the 5th inning. The Sox drew first blood by scoring twice in the bottom of the fourth. Edgar Rentaria lead off the inning with a triple and Ramirez drove him home with a single up the middle. After Trot Nixon's single put runners at 1st and 2nd Jason Varitek smashed a double to left field to drive home Ramirez to make it 2-0 in favor of the Sox. But the Devil Rays were relentless and capitalized on a tired Halama and scored 5 times in the top of the 5th inning. Julio Lugo hightlighted the inning with a bases clearing triple and Roco Baldelli hit a 2-run home run over the green monster to give the Rays a 5-2 lead.

[align=center]game11bht7.jpg[/align]

The Sox did have a chance at getting back those runs that they gave up in the bottom of the 5th but were not able to capitalize. After 3 straight walks to Mark Belhorn, Johnny Damon, and Edgar Rentaria, the heart of the Sox order, was shutdown by Brazelton. David Ortiz was out on an infield fly while Manny Ramirez grounded out to second base and Trot Nixon grounded out to third base. The Ramirez grounder brought home Belhorn but that was all the damage the Sox could make in that inning. The Red Sox had two more chances in the bottom of the 7th and 8th innings. Edgar Rentaria singled to right field to start the bottom of the 7th inning and Manny Ramirez walked after a David Ortiz strikeout. With runners at 1st and 2nd with one out, Lance Carter was able to strikeout Trot Nixon and induce Kevin Millar to groundout to 1st base. The bottom of the 8th inning started with Jason Varitek being hit in the leg by a pitch from Lance Carter. Bill Mueller walked after that hit. With runners at 1st and 2nd and no-body out, Mark Belhorn flied out, Damon struckout, and Rentaria flied out to end the inning. Dannys Baez came in the bottom of the 9th to shut down the Sox and hold on to the game for his 6th save of the season.

The Sox have 1 more game left to play with the Devil Rays and after this series, the Blue Jays come to Fenway Park for a 2-game series.

[align=center]game11cnr1.jpg[/align]

Johnny Damon - "We had our chances today. Offensively we could have scored a lot more runs than were able to. I myself have to improve my game as I am the catalyst on this team and I cannot perform like I did out there today. Hopefully tomorrow will give us a better result."

Julio Lugo - "I just saw the pitch down and away and I was able to smack it over Mark's head. I knew it was going to go all the way to the wall, so I just put my head down and ran all the way to 3rd. This win is really sweet for us. Even though, this is too early in the season, teams should stop taking us lightly. We are fielding a great team and we won't go away without a fight."

[align=center]game11dil8.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g11ami8.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g11bti3.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g11cdn4.jpg[/align]

The 3 people that voted no in the poll are probably blind, I hate the Sox but I'm loving this dynasty! Keep it up! :wtg:

I may be kind of slow in posting things as it takes a lot of time in creating these things, but compliments like these make me want to provide more entertainment.

Actually just wanted to know if any of you have some sort of idea or thought that you would like for me do with this dynasty (apart from just the recaps of the game). If you any of do, please let me know and let me see if I can provide with some extra stuff other just these game recaps.

Game 12 of 162 : Tampa Bay Devil Rays (8-3) @ Boston Red Sox (5-6)

[align=center]Red Sox offense crushes Devil Rays pitching - Another strong outing by Wakefield[/align]

[align=center]game12akc1.jpg[/align]

The Sox had everything going for them today, as a strong pitching from Wakefield and an exploding offense by the batters defeated the Devil Rays 12-2. Tim Wakefield was once again filthy and had a no-hitter going into the 5th inning. The Devil Rays were able to salvage a run here and a run there but all-in-all they had no clue what they were doing out there on the field. Lou Piniella came out of the dugout 6 times (4 times for changing pitchers) and did not seem to be a happy man. To add to the defeat, the Devil Rays learnt that they will be without Scott Kazmir for about a forthnight. Kazmir had injured his rig while pitching in the bottom of the second inning. He was not his usual self in the first inning when he had given up 3 walks and seemed to be straining himself when he threw each pitch.

[align=center]game12blm7.jpg[/align]

The Sox started scoring at will in the 3rd inning, when David Ortiz lead off with a single followed by Manny Ramirez with a single of his own. Kevin Millar moved the runners up by grounding out to the first baseman. Jay Payton doubled to bring home the runs and Mirabelli followed Payton with a single. The final run of the inning came on a bases-loaded walk by Edgar Rentaria. The Sox were at it again in the bottom of the 4th inning when Doug Mirabelli and Bill Mueller drove home 3 more runs. All this offense was capped off by a monsterous solo blast from Manny Ramriez in the 5th inning that went an estimated 485 feet. Fenway Park was able to witness the Red Sox offense that had never shown itself to the fans until since the start of this season. Jay Payton was the most devastating with the bat as he went 4-5 with 4 RBIs and 3 runs scored. Ramirez also had 4 hits on the day. This win had given the Red Sox the series against the Devil Rays and they will be getting ready for the 2 game series against the Blue Jays that starts tomorrow here at Boston.

[align=center]game12cbl1.jpg[/align]

Doug Mirabelli - "Wake is just a classy player. From the very first pitch in which he threw a fastball, the Devil Rays hitters had seemed un-hittable. And we just came together as a team today offensively. It was a great game for us."

Lou Piniella - "This is complete bull-****. We sucked today. There should be no excuse for not being able to win the game today. Our pitching let us down and could not produce offensively. Definitely a game to forget. I realize that the Sox field a great team but we had the momentum and with the kind of defeat we had today, hope that momentum doesn't come to a screeching halt."

[align=center]game12dkf6.jpg[/align]

VIDEO: Rentaria makes a spectacular play at SS!

NOTE:

[align=justify]I haven't posted the video on YouTube yet. I am kind of having troubles with it. But once I do get it on YouTube, I will let you guys know. Also, let me know if the above video link is not working. It may take some time to load even with a fast download. Thanks for checking in.[/align]

[align=center]g12awg4.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g12bqs1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g12cdc5.jpg[/align]

Just wondering if people are still interested in this dynasty. Sorry that its kinda going slow. Its just that the photoshop parts take a little bit of time and besides I only get to play the game on weekends when I come home from college.

I would just like to know if people are still following. I hate to discontinue this but if a lot of people are not interested in this I would rather spend the very little free time I get in trying to MOD things. Maybe start up on cyberfaces and/or uniforms.

Thank you

Game 13 of 162 : Toronto Blue Jays (7-6) @ Boston Red Sox (6-6)

[align=center]Would the real Red Sox offense please stand up![/align]

[align=center]game13aau3.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Matt Clement really threw a great game but just wasn't able to grab the win. Right: Clement gets hit in the ribs with a line drive.

[/align]

Fans witnessed another great pitching matchup though were not able to witness a victory for their home team. Matt Clement had a great pitching game today as he went 6 innings and allowed 5 hits and just a single run but was not able to pick up the victory. The Blue Jays countered today with David Bush, who had been crushed in first two starts of the season. Bush came up big today and went 7.2 strong innings while allowing just 4 hits and striking out 7. The sole run of the game came from the bat of Vernon Wells when he smacked a 2-out RBI single up the middle in the top of the 7th inning.

[align=center]game13bbr4.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: The Blue Jays were great defensively Right: Varitek made the mistake of going to second on a sac. bunt

[/align]

The inning started off on the bad foot for the Red Sox as Frank catalanotto and Frank Menechino got on base with back to back singles. With runners and 1st and 2nd, Guillermo Quiroz laid down a sacrifice bunt to advance the runners, but a bad decision by Jason Varitek to throw to 2nd instead of getting the sure out at 1st had loaded the bases with no-body out. Disaster was written all over this innings for the Sox, but they were able to come out of that inning with only giving up a one run. Matt Mantei came in and got Alexis Rios to flyout and Shea Hillenbrand to strikeout but was not able to stop Vernon Wells from delivering the clutch RBI single. The Sox did have some chances but a hit here and a hit there was not going to be enough for the Sox to get a rally going. Damon and Big Papi each had 2 hits and Manny Ramirez had a single to round out the total number of hits for the Red Sox.

[align=center]game13cxg7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Damon smacks a single with an uncharacteristic shot Right: Damon gets caught off 1st base

[/align]

Terry Francona - "What are you talking about? Matt pitched a great game for us. It wasn't his fault that we lost today. Our pitching seems to be shaping up pretty well, I just hope that we can get the offense back on track."

John Gibbons - "David was spectacular today. He was hitting his spots constantly and mixed in his pitches well and we were able to score just enough to grab the win. Its wins like these in close games that boost our momentum and team chemistry."

[align=center]g13adm1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g13bxc7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g13csm6.jpg[/align]

Archived