* Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days *

redsox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this:

Do you guys think the new stadium idea for the Devil Rays and the Marlins was a little bit too much? Does that go well with this dynasty or not?

I don't think it was too much, but IMO it doesn't go with your dynasty. Now, if you were replacing your own stadium, it would definitely fit better.

By the way, were you in my head? I was thinking of a way to get a new stadium for my Marlins dynasty.

Keep it up!

I don't think it was too much, but IMO it doesn't go with your dynasty. Now, if you were replacing your own stadium, it would definitely fit better.

By the way, were you in my head? I was thinking of a way to get a new stadium for my Marlins dynasty.

Keep it up!

Now that you mention it, maybe it doesn't flow with this dynasty since it is not related my team. But one thing is for sure, never in my wildest dreams would I think about getting a new stadium for the Red Sox :smile: . Fenway Park is as classic and historic as it gets.

[align=center]bostonbannerju5.jpg[/align]

Game 18 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (9-8)@ Tampa Bay Devil Rays (11-6)

[align=center]Marathon of a game ends with a walk-off walk![/align]

Player of the Game: Hideo Nomo (3 Inn. 2 hits, 2 SO, 1 BB)

[align=center]game18ajr8.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Beautiful Venturas Park hosts its first ML game Right: Payton is seen smacking a 2 run single up the middle

[/align]

[align=center]game18bod6.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: 2nd baseman Belhorn turns a great double-play Right: Belhorn also showed his negative side w/defense as he over runs a toss from Rentaria

[/align]

The Red Sox and the Devil Rays were locked in a grueling 15 inning game that saw the Devil Rays walk home with the win. It was a great day for the D-Rays organization as they took the field in the new ballpark that was donated by Carlton Hooper. Mr. Hooper was present to throw out the ceremonial first pitch. With a fan filled night, Venturas Park witnessed some great moments between the Sox and Rays. The game had plenty of chances for both teams to win but the pitchers and great defense kept each team in the game until the fatal last inning for the Sox.

The Red Sox started the offense on this cool night thanks once again to Jay Payton. After back-to-back singles by Damon and Rentaria, both players were involved in a double steal and stole 3rd and 2nd respectively. Jay Payton came through with a single that scored Damon and Rentaria. Payton went to second on the throw home from Baldelli and would later score on a Manny Ramirez groundout to the right side. The Devil Rays answered the 3-0 Sox lead thanks in large part to Rocco Baldelli. After Joey Gathright and Aubrey Huff had got on base, Baldelli crushed a 3-2 pitch from Matt Clement over the left field wall for a 3-run homerun with 2 outs in the 3rd inning. The D-Rays would score again in the 5th inning, thanks to an RBI double by Aubrey Huff that scored Julio Lugo to give the D-Rays a 4-3 lead. Red Sox would later tie the game up at 4 a-piece when Mark Belhorn crushed a RBI double to righ-center. This scored Gabe Kapler, who had earlier walked in the top of the 6th inning. That would be the last time the Red Sox would score a run even though they did have some chances.

[align=center]game18ctu8.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Millar looks to the sky for some answers - though he found none Right: Game gets intense as Rentaria is hit by a Mark Hendrickson pitch

[/align]

[align=center]game18dly3.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Rocco Baldelli crushed a 3-run homerun to tie the game Right: Belhorn comes through in the clutch as he belts a RBI double to tie the game at 4

[/align]

Both bullpens were phenomenal as no pitcher from either team wanted to give up that winning run. The highlight of the Sox bullpen came in the form of Keith Foulke who pitched 3.2 shutout innings in which he allowed no hits. He only allowed a base runner through a walk. For the D-Rays, the bullpen was lead by two pitchers - Danys Baez and Hideo Nomo. Baez came in the top of the 9th inning and pitched 3 shutout innings while allowing 3 hits and striking out 5. But the more important of the two was Hideo Nomo when he shut down the Sox when they were threatening with the bases loaded and no body out. He struckout Ramon Vazquez and induced Mark Belhorn to ground out to end the top of 13th inning. He would pitch 2 more innings after the top of the 13th to earn the win. Jeremy Gonzalez of the Sox was also in a similar position in the bottom of the 15th when the Rays had loaded the bases with no body out. Gonzalez faught back and struck out Travis Lee and Toby Hall. Unfortunately he was not able to get Joey Gathright and walked him to force in the winning run for the Devil Rays. This was definitely a very enjoyable game and a memorable one for Tampa Bay.

[align=center]game18ewq4.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Edgar Rentaria couldn't come through as he strikes out to end the inning Right: Mirabelli is about to flyout to the outfield with the bases loaded

[/align]

[align=center]game18fbq2.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Jeremi Gonzalez threw some great pitches as he strikes out Sanchez Right: Gonzalez strikes out Travis Lee with the bases loaded

[/align]

Johnny Damon - "It is always tough to have to lose in an extra inning game and today was no different. But this was defiintely a very entertaining game for both teams and of course for the fans. I know most of us are going to be sore for tomorrow's game - especially Varitek and Hall for catching most of the game but that is part of baseball. Lets just hope we take home this series tomorrow."

Rocco Baldelli - "This is by far one of the most grueling games that I have been part off. Truely amazing. It felt like real playoff atmosphere - though I haven't had a chance to witness the true feeling. Hopefully this will be the year. And by the way, this is a phenominal stadium. The facilities are great well the fans actually came to the game. Great day. It was a great day."

[align=center]game18gqk9.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Hideo Nomo did a great job in relief Right: Jeremi Gonzalez walks home the game winning run for the D-Rays

[/align]

David Ortiz was not available for today's game due to a back strain. He is still listed as day-to-day though it is not clear if he will play in the rubber match tomorrow or not.

[align=center]g18awv9.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g18bcx7.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g18cfu3.jpg[/align]

Don't know why that message re-posted.

Man, that is a tough loss....

Yeah I know. But it was only a matter of time before one of the teams 'walked' away with the win.

19 walks in one game - that is a lot and that to go along with 30 SO.

[align=center]bostonbannerju5.jpg[/align]

Game 19 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (9-9) @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays (12-6)

[align=center]Devil Rays, Red Sox play another thriller of a game - Baldelli knocks in the winning run![/align]

Player of the Game: Aubrey Huff (3-4, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 1 run)

[align=center]game19apc1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Rob Bell threw a great game today for the Devil Rays Right: Aubrey Huff came up big for the Rays more than once

[/align]

For the second time in as many days, the Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays were locked in a grueling matchup that went into extra innings. With the score tied at 3 in the bottom of the 12, and with 2 outs, Rocco Baldelli smashed a 2-2 pitch over the left field wall for a walk-off homerun and the Rays have taken 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox. This win defintely cements Tampa Bay as a team that is not going to go away. This is a team that is filled with a lot of talent and Piniella seems to be getting the most out of his players.

Rob Bell started for the Devil Rays today and pitched a great game. He went 6.1 innings while allowing 5 hits and 2 earned runs but was handed a no decision. The Red Sox started the game by scoring the first run of the game in the top of the 1st when Damon scored on an error at third base. The Sox would score 1 more (RBI double from Trot Nixon - top of the third) before the Devil Rays tied the game up at 2. Aubrey Huff belted a two run home run in the bottom of the 4th inning to tie the game up at 2. Wade Miller (BOS) was pitching really well until then, infact that would be the first hit he had allowed thus far. The Devil Rays took the lead when Huff delivered in the clutch yet again with a RBI single up the middle. That hit scored Joey Gathright to make the score 3-2 in favor of the Devil Rays. The Red Sox answered back with a run of their own in the top of the 7th when David Ortiz smashed a double that scored Johnny Damon. The score would remain at 4-4 for the next 5 innings and until the time that Baldelli belted his walk-off homerun.

[align=center]game19bqr5.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Venturas Park errupts after the walk-off HR by Baldelli Right: THe Sox bench looks dejected after a heart-breaking loss

[/align]

Tampa Bay pitching, though allowed only 3 runs to score, stuggled once again in this humid weather as they walked a total of 12 Red Sox batsmen (Damon was walked 5 times while Ramirez walked 3 times). But exceptional defense by the Devil Ray infielders stopped from any major rally being formed by the Sox. Boston bullpen was quite sharp today until the walk-off homerun by Baldelli. Jeremi Gonzalez was once again called in from the bullpen to eat up some innings and keep his team in the game. He has definitely pitching well and might even get a chance to take over the 5th starter role for the Sox if the combination of DiNardo/Halama doesn't work for the time being.

Aubrey Huff - "We are definitely clicking as a team right now. We are playing great baseball and we hope to continue this winning trend. It seems like everything is going right for us this season. Lets hope this leads us to the place where we want to go."

Johnny Damon - "All this walking really didn't help us at all. They kept walking us and we kept on destroying rallies. But it is only a matter of time before everything returns to normal."

Now that the 3 games series with Tampa Bay has concluded, the Red Sox head back home where they will host the Baltimore Orioles in a 3 game set. Bronson Arroyo is set to take the ball in the opening game of the season.

[align=center]g19axg2.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g19bvy9.jpg[/align]

[align=center]g19cpe1.jpg[/align]

I know that this dynasty is kinda moving slow as I can only play and post game reports during the weekends.

Just wanted to know if there was something or anything that you all would like for me to change with this dynasty. Also, would really welcome any suggestions to make it better.

That is so true.

redsox, you're doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for those kind words.

The only reason I keep asking about if there is anything that you guys would like me to change is because I want this to be a viewer's dynasty. My entertainment and excitement comes from playing these games and I would like to replicate that so that you all would experience at least close to what I experience while playing :smile: .

Yeah, the game seems to prefer Gathright over Crawford. I think the roster that I am using gives Gathright a better rating than Crawford.

I am constantly playing around with the gameplay tuning and the datafile (probably once every 4-5 games) to try and get these games to be as close to realism as possible.

I have my game setup in such a way that it is not always easy to hit the green spot in the pitch meter. So I tend to be a little awry. And to compensate for that I increase the ball rate for the computer as well. Hence those walks. But I think I do need to bring those ratings down.

Yeah, the game seems to prefer Gathright over Crawford. I think the roster that I am using gives Gathright a better rating than Crawford.

I am constantly playing around with the gameplay tuning and the datafile (probably once every 4-5 games) to try and get these games to be as close to realism as possible.

I have my game setup in such a way that it is not always easy to hit the green spot in the pitch meter. So I tend to be a little awry. And to compensate for that I increase the ball rate for the computer as well. Hence those walks. But I think I do need to bring those ratings down.

I'm gonna start a 2005 Cardinals Dynasty: 2004 World Series Revenge

For the Cards debacle in the WS against the Sox in 2004, thank god for 2006 Series. I couldn't bear to listen to my drunken friends about Sawx anymore (I live in Red Sox country)

Anyways, one thing you could do is use the Team Changer mod. I did that when I saw something screwy in an opponent's lineup like that. You could change to TB and edit Gathright to be CF (or edit his ratings), then edit their lineups.

Also before the game starts when you adjustiing your lineup, you can edit the other teams lineup, too.

Then change back to your team. (I would make sure to backup your season before hand just in case and do it during a Sox off day).

Just a suggestion. As for walks, I avg about 3-4 per game (which is perfect).

I also usually give up about 3-4-5 walks per game and the number of times I walk range from around 4-10 per game (which seems kind of realistic as the Sox in real life are known to work the pitch count).

And for me the pitch count seems to be perfect. I usually end up hitting in the late 70s - mid 80s by the end of the 5th inning and the computer gets up to around 90 pitches by the end of the 5th.

With Crawford, I just left the lineup as it was - didn't want to make any changes considering that Gathright is rated higher than him. I may go and tinker with their ratings a little bit.

You mentioned that you were going to start a 2005 Cardinals dynasty. What roster set are you plan on using?

With Crawford, I just left the lineup as it was - didn't want to make any changes considering that Gathright is rated higher than him. I may go and tinker with their ratings a little bit.

Forget that, go trade for and shift Manny to left. Should be easy to get, he's hitting .211 and doesn't start...LOL

Crawford is the man. The guy can run, hit and field with the best of them

Edit: That's why I did a modified version of UR, I increased Crawford and significantly decreased Gathright,

In fact, Gathright was lowered so much, that he was no longer in MLB, but their #1 guy in AAA. In 2005, that's where he started, because they had Alex Sanchez as their 4th OFer

Forget that, go trade for and shift Manny to left. Should be easy to get, he's hitting .211 and doesn't start...LOL

Crawford is the man. The guy can run, hit and field with the best of them

Edit: That's why I did a modified version of UR, I increased Crawford and significantly decreased Gathright

Yeah, I may do the same with the ratings, but it is very unlikely that I will trade for anyone this early. Besides, I don't have a roster spot for Crawford. I am extremely loyal to Nixon, and Manny and Damon are producing for me. There would be no place for Carl you know.

Archived