• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]bostonbannerju5.jpg[/align]

[align=center]NL Baseball - League Standings (month of April)[/align]

[align=center]leaguestandingsNL.jpg[/align]

[align=center]AL Baseball - League Standings (month of April)[/align]

[align=center]leaguestandingsAL.jpg[/align]

In reference to career mode - Raj Aryan.

Its seems that maybe my points breakdown is a little bit too harsh. He has only earned 1pt. over the 1st month considering the fact that he would need 55 pts. to add a pitch and 108 pts. to increase his career potential. What are your thoughts?

Should I maybe give him more than just 2 pts for a win (class-A level) or maybe increase the number of pts. for total innings pitched/number of SO attained?

I don't really know. It would be very kind if you guys could provide some input in regards to this.

Thank you.

In reference to career mode - Raj Aryan.

Its seems that maybe my points breakdown is a little bit too harsh. He has only earned 1pt. over the 1st month considering the fact that he would need 55 pts. to add a pitch and 108 pts. to increase his career potential. What are your thoughts?

Should I maybe give him more than just 2 pts for a win (class-A level) or maybe increase the number of pts. for total innings pitched/number of SO attained?

I don't really know. It would be very kind if you guys could provide some input in regards to this.

Thank you.

First off, my Cardinals really suck -- 5-16 is horrible

As for Raj Aryan and his points, I'd say add atleast a point to every positive stat. Currently, he would have 5 points.

Yeah, it would be better to add some points (atleast one) to each positive stat. You are right.

I was also thinking that maybe it would be better to alot 5 points for a win instead of 2 points. He would probably win like 10 or so games this season, and that would be good considering that he could add a pitch at the end of the season.

Any other thoughts on this?

Since I am increasing the victory points to 5, should I be increasing the points deducted for a loss to maybe say 2 or should I leave that at 1?

Also, I am trying out another new format for my post-game reports. The one I did for the Rangers game didn't seem all that good at all. So, I am trying something different. Will upload that by Friday.

Im so jealous...lol All you guys have professional photo editing software, to cut and paste with........wah wah wah Hear that, thats me with some "whine" to go with my cheese...lmao

I need software like that, it just looks so much better to look at. Alot of work, but so much better presentation.

2 thumbs way way up! ! !

Im so jealous...lol All you guys have professional photo editing software, to cut and paste with........wah wah wah Hear that, thats me with some "whine" to go with my cheese...lmao

I need software like that, it just looks so much better to look at. Alot of work, but so much better presentation.

2 thumbs way way up! ! !

There are a lot of things you can do with softwares like Photoshop, but the time that takes to create these are a lot. But I guess once you get the hang of it it becomes a little bit easier.

I have heard that there is a free software called GIMP - a photo-editing tool similar to Photoshop. I have never tried it out but have heard that it is pretty good alternative to photoshop. You may want to try that out. BTW: It is a pretty good dynasty that you are running.

Game 24 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (12-11) @ Texas Rangers (10-14)

[align=center]Keith Foulke "saves" the day in the end![/align]

Player of the Game: Kieth Foulke (1.2 Inn, 0 ER, 1 hit, 0 BB, 2 SO)

[align=center]game24a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Young commits an error as he came off the base at 2nd well before he got the runner out Right: The timeless art of intimidation from Wade Miller

[/align]

The second game of the 3 games series between the Red Sox and the Rangers were filled with so much excitement and entertainment, that for those 3 hours, the fans felt like they were watching an American League Championship game. A packed house at the Ballpark at Arlington witnessed their home team come so close to blowing the game wide open but eventually give it all away. Boston's closer, who had become one of the many folk heroes because of the 2004 season, continued his scorless inning streak as he got the Boston Red Sox out of a huge jam near the end of the game.

The game began with Pedro Astacio walking both Johnny Damon and Edgar Rentaria, but unfortunately for the Sox they were not able to drive either of them home as Astacio induced David Ortiz to groundout, and Manny Ramirez and Trot Nixon to flyout. But he would not be as lucky in the top of the second inning as his teammates let him down by committing 2 huge errors that would allow 3 Boston runs to score. Kevin Millar led off the inning with a walk and an out later Bill Mueller got a base hit to put runners at 1st and 3rd. Number 9 hitter, Mark Belhorn made contact with a beautiful curveball and smashed it to the left side of the infield, but Adrian Gonzalez (making a spot start at SS) mis-played the groundball (which would have resulted in a double play) and allowed a run to score. Back to back singles by Johnny Damon and Edgar Rentaria (coupled with an error by Michael Young) resulted in one more Boston run being scored and a runner holding at 3rd base. A sacrifce fly from David Ortiz made it 3-0 in favor of the Boston Red Sox. They would go on to score one more run in the top of the 3rd inning when Jason Varitek drove home Trot Nixon.

[align=center]game24b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Wade Miller strikes out Mark Teixeira with a great pitch Right: Foulke strikes out Soriano with a beautiful pitch

[/align]

The Texas Rangers did make a comeback but a great performance by Keith Foulke saw to it that Boston left the park with the victory. After the 3-run 2nd inning for the Sox, the Rangers scored a run of their own from the bat of Hank Blalock. Blalock crushed a 3-0 pitch from Wade Miller that landed in the upper-deck at right field. They scored 2 more runs in the bottom of the 6th inning to cut the lead down to 1. Mike Myers (BOS) did a great job of getting out Adrian Gonzalez and Hank Blalock with the bases loaded. But this would not be the last of the bases loaded situation for both teams. The bottoom of the 8th inning started with Laynce Nix striking out from a beautiful pitch from Mike Timlin - but that was the only batter Timlin retired in that inning as the next three batters reached base. After Michael Young drew a 3-2 walk, Gary Matthews Jr. hit a single, after which Mark Teixeira walked. With the bases loaded and 1 out the Rangers were in the driver's seat and were set for a memorable comeback. Making sure that the situation doesn't get out of hand, Terry Francona called for his closer. Keith Foulke struckout Adrian Gonzalez with a beautiful circle-change that moved a lot and induced Hank Blalock to groundout to Bill Mueller at 3rd base. Once again, the Rangers were not able to capitalize on a 1 out bases loaded situation. Foulke came out in the 9th to finish the game despite a 1 out single from Richard Hidalgo that resulted in no harm for the Red Sox.

Terry Francona - "We are fortunate enough to have come out of this game as the victors, but all credit to Myers and Foulke. They really got us out of jams and Miller gave us a great start."

Buck Showalter - "We feel that we have only learnt from this loss. We know that we need to work on some mechanics and the 3 errors that were committed today must be worked on."

Game Notes: *Pedro Astacio of the Rangers has suffered a separated shoulder and will be out for at least 2 months. He will be placed on the 60-day DL by tomorrow. R.A. Dickey is set to take his spot in the rotation though nothing has been finalized.*

[align=center]game24c.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left to Right: A hit and run by the Texas Rangers results in a double play as Rentaria grabs the line drive to get the 1st out and fires to Kevin Millar to get the second out.[/align]

[align=center]G24_a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G24_b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G24_c.jpg[/align]

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

Option 1: Would you guys prefer that I answer questions that will be posted by you guys as part of weekly posting called, "Answering the fans."

or

Option 2: Would you guys be interested in a Q&A session with players, coaches, GM's, owners, all around the baseball world which I would like to call - "Knowing the league".

or

Option 3: Would you guys be interested in some sort of a blog. If this is the case, I would need to know if you guys would want a blog by a player, or a broadcaster, or a manager, or a fan.

If you all could please tell me which option you chose and if there is any reason behind it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a good title to any of these would also be welcome as what I have now is not what I may stick with.

Thanks for help. Take care.

Game 25 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (13-11) @ Texas Rangers (10-15)

[align=center]Red Sox humbled by sensational pitching![/align]

Player of the Game: Ryan Drese (7.2 Inn, 1 ER, 6 hits, 2 BBs, 7 SO)

[align=center]game25a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Johnny Damon struck out 3 of the 4 times he came up to bat Right: Costly errors committed by the Red Sox lead to the Rangers scoring 3 runs

[/align]

Ryan Drese was lights out today as he held the Boston hitters at bay. He utilized his sinker to its full potential today as none of the Red Sox hitters were able to even make contact with that pitch. Offensively the Rangers were able to get to Bronson Arryo amidst an inning filled with error and the Sox were never able to recover. If there is one thing that eveyone has learnt over the past two games, it is the fact that committing errors really takes away the chance of winning. Yesterday the Rangers committed 3 crucial errors in their 4-3 loss while today the Red Sox committed 3 errors and lost the game 7-1 in the last game of the 3 game series.

[align=center]game25b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Hank Blalock strikes a two-run single up the middle Right: Ryan Drese was the center of attention today - he pitched a great game

[/align]

The Rangers first scored in the bottom of the first off the bat of Gary Matthews Jr. He struck his 3rd home run of the season and drove in Michael Young - who had singled to start off the bottom half of the 1st inning. The Rangers scored one more run in the bottom of the 3rd inning thanks to a RBI single by Alfonso Soriano. The inning would have prolonged if it wasn't for Soriano's sellfishness to stretch a single into a double. The bottom of the 5th inning proved to be even more eventful for the Rangers as they scored 3 runs off of 4 hits while the Sox committed 2 of their 3 errors in the game. The inning started off nicely for Bronson Arroyo as Sandy Alomar Jr. struckout. Laynce Nix and Michael Young struck back-to-back singles and reached 3rd and 2nd consecutively thanks to an error committed by Johnny Damon at centerfield. Gary Matthews Jr. then hit an infield single and that brought up Mark Teixeira with the bases loaded and one out. Mark hit a sacrifice fly out to left field that scored Nix. The next batter was Alfonso Soriano and would have been the last out of the inning if it wasn't for the error committed by Edgar Rentaria. Hank Blalock smashed a single up the middle to drive in two more runs to make it 6-0 in favor of the Rangers. The Red Sox scored their first run of the game only in the top of the 8th inning when David Ortiz drove home Edgar Rentaria (who had tripled) by hitting a ground ball to the right side of the infield. The Red Sox really didn't have much to be happy about as the Rangers really outplayed them today in every possible way.

Sandy Alomar Jr. - "It was great to see Drese out there today giving it all he had. He pitched a great game. Man, I will tell you this, his sinker was filthy today. I had a blast seeing the reaction on the faces of these Sox batters. It was a sign of bewilderment. It was a great outing for him."

Game Notes: *Bronson Arroyo, who had been pitching really well for the Sox, suffered his first loss of the season. Terry Francona had a dilema and had to make a decision as to whether to bring in Jeremi Gonzalez of John Halama. He eventually decided to bring in Gonzalez and let Halama start one more game for them tomorrow and see how he performs. Also, it has been learnt that Jay Payton has been complaining about his playing time and demanding that he be given more starts or be traded to a team that is looking for his services full-time. There is a possibilty that Dave Roberts could be re-acquired by the Sox to if problems with Payton persist.*

Rumor Mill: *The Boston Red Sox have inquired about Pedro Feliz (SF) and Alex Cora (CLE) as a possibility for either replacing Mark Belhorn or adding more depth to their bench. Sources close to the Giants have said that the general manager was asked by the Boston Red Sox about Pedro Feliz. If a deal were to be done between both sides, Feliz would most likely take over 2nd base for the Sox. This would leave the organization with either keep Belhorn as a bench player or possibly trade/release him. The other option that the Red Sox have rumored to have looked at is the possible trade for Alex Cora. Cora's defense would be great boost and his versatility would only help the Sox's bench. If the Cora deal were to go through, Boston would then have 3 options for the 2nd base - Mark Belhorn, Ramon Vazquez, and Alex Cora.*

*Pedro Feliz is currently batting .259 with 4 HRs and 12 RBIs for the Giants, while Alex Cora is batting .216 with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs for the Cleveland minor league team (AAA squad)*

[align=center]possibletrades.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Pedro Feliz would be a possibility for Boston as the Sox are rumored to be looking for a replacement for Belhorn at 2nd base.[/align]

[align=center]possibletrades2.jpg[/align]

[align=center]The Sox are also looking into acquiring Alex Cora for his versatility and great defense. This move would definitely strengthen the bench.[/align]

[align=center]G25_a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G25_b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G25_c.jpg[/align]

lovin' this new layout

Thanks man. But you know, I am still experimenting with the layout.

I got 2 questions.

1. how did you make that screenshot of the rangers manager in the bottom right corner?

2. how do you take a screenshot of the game when playing?

1. I took two screenshots and just shrunk the picture of the player in the bench and placed it on top of the big picture. I use Photoshop to do all my photo-editing.

2. I use Fraps to take both pics. and videos. Though I would like to find another alternative for taking videos (the file size for a 7 sec clip is like 40 MB with Fraps).

Game 26 of 162 : Boston Red Sox (13-12) @ Detroit Tigers (13-12)

[align=center]All round effort leads to win for the Red Sox![/align]

Player of the Game: Boston bullpen (4.2 Inn, 0 ER, 3 hits, 2 BBs, 4 SO)

[align=center]game26a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Ivan Rodriguez smashed a solo HR to tie the game up at 1. Right: Clutch 3-run HR by Monroe tied the game up at 4.

[/align]

Timely hitting and solid pitching by the Red Sox allowed them to take the first game of the four games series against the Detroit Tigers with a final score of 5-4. Detroit did have some chances to get back at Boston, but were denied by a solid effort from the Sox's bullpen. John Halama got the start for the Red Sox and was on a mission, trying to prove that he is good enough to be in the starting rotation until Schilling and Wells come off of injury. He did pitch a great game but got tired in the bottom of the 5th and ended up receiving a no-decision in the game. The Tigers tied the game up at 4 in the 5th inning thanks to a big 3-run HR by Craig Monroe. But a determined Sox bullpen denied the Tigers of any more runs while Johnny Damon smashed a 2-out RBI double to drive home Bill Mueller to give the Sox the lead. Mark Belhorn also chipped in, though not with the bat, but with the a great play that denied the Tigers of a comeback. He shaved a Willie Mays and made splendid grab just when the Tigers were making a comeback.

[align=center]game26b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Left: Mark Belhorn made a spectacular grab to deny the Tigers of any runs Right: Damon came through with a big RBI double to put the Sox up by 1

[/align]

[align=center]G26_a.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G26_b.jpg[/align]

[align=center]G26_c.jpg[/align]

Archived