Official Stadium Request Thread

Sean O

Hi guys,

A thank you to those of you who responded to my request for a daytime version of Metropolitan Stadium.

Actually, I figured out how to do it by accident. All I did was extract the "sky0" file from the "metrdome.big" file using the EAGraph editor then used Photoshop to replace the black color in the bmp to white. This lightened up the sky when I imported the "sky0" back into the game - which was cool - but I later decided to replace it with a bmp of some blue sky and clouds. You should try it, it's really easy!

BTW: If there are any modders around the San Jose, Ca area, let me know. I'd be great to get together and share information in person.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noone listens to me but Im from Delaware and would like to see Daniel S. Frawley Stadium Home to the Class -A Wilmington Blue rocks (Royals farm team) I,ve been there a billion times its really cool. http://www.bluerocks.com/images/stadium-aerial.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frawley_Stadium

or the new Coca Cola park for the lehigh valley iron pigs (class AAA Phillies) http://ironpigsbaseball.com.ismmedia.com/I...Top/Tourpic.gif

You guy who make the stadiums are great good job and thank you for making our lives easier and funner

PHILLIES ARE THE 2008 WS CHAMPS!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Are you talking about in the stadium select screens? If that's what your talking about, Atlanta and Boston both say "Dusk" even if it is a day stadium. I'm not sure if that can be changed or not.

Even though both stadiums each say dusk, I don't really care much about the name (it would be ok though)...

Anyway, I downloaded the Turner stadium, which worked for the daytime. I also downloaded Fenway Park, but was not in the daytime (dusk instead)

I don't think anyone created a "day" version for Fenway Park. But it's not that hard to change it yourself. Extract sky0.fsh from fenwday.big and change the .bmp image to what you want. Change the data in the lighting.csv file to update the lighting. Even then, you may not have a perfect feel since other aspects might need to be changed.

In any case, you will need:

EAGraph to extract sky0.fsh from fenwday.big

nfshtool to extract the .bmp from sky0.fsh

eazip to compress the file

• 1 month later...

Anyone have a ETA on the new Yankee Stadium? Also does any one have a link for the new nationals park?

I actually have quite a bit of it modeled (the whole first and second level of seating are done as are the bleachers) , as for an ETA once i get back to school i cant really tell you how much time ill have depends on my professors a weather i need to get a job. If i had to give an honest guess i figure it will be modeled and textured sometime in late may as far as getting into the game i havn't a clue as i have no experience with what errors i may run into.

Anyone have a ETA on the new Yankee Stadium? Also does any one have a link for the new nationals park?

I would have to say that this would be released around the end of April because for a finished product of the new Yankee Stadium the modder would need pictures of the actual ads they have there and they need to put them in the correct spot. That is something that can not be done until this park is open for the season.

well there is gray around the sky, the buldings are cut out like cardboard and there is no roads when your looking down on it. Maybe its just my computer.

Edit: I downloaded two replacements and now it crashes when I go to play games at the friendly confines. Any working mods out there?

All of the 2005 versions of Wrigley work fine. The issue you state would be present in all stadiums. The buildings are usually cutout and there are rarely roads.

I wouldn't waste my time modding roads in if you can't see them pitching or batting.

How often are you in arial view and why. Fielding views wouldn't show those details.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see a mod for the Cubs old ballpark, West Side Grounds... it was a very historic stadium. Rumor has it that the saying "That came outta left field" originated there because there was a mental hospital across the street from the left field bleachers and mental patients could regularly be heard yelling nonsense from their windows. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but it makes for an interesting story. Besides, it's the last place that the Cubs got to celebrate a world series championship... Center field was 500+ feet deep, I'm not sure if that can even be done... I used to know of a website that had pictures as well as a sort-of blueprint of the park. I'll have to see if I can find it...

Archived