Cubs720's Request It, Tex(ture) It Cyberface Thread

ChicagoCubs720

Well, yours is top notch but I have an improved texture

In my experience, photo without enough sharpening, the skin will looked blurry in game. So I don't think that's an improved texture. I'm just talking about the faces, not offensive on you, KC.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want this one too for the Boy

I just can't find a headshape :lol:

update:

I redid Melky 2 times already and I think I finally found a good headshape. I'll post a pic soon. After Melky, today I plan on finishing Carl Pavano and Thompson. I'll then try and get to some of spungo's faces also.

on a more serious note, i know you'd prefer more recent ones, but here's one i've been working on for TC. i'm still searching, but i'm having a heck of a time finding a model for roy hobbs. any assistance would be really appreciated...

edit: just re-textured it.

How do you guys make the faces and the original .fsh face skin color blend in so well?

Photoshop and color balancing...

and speaking of faces, some of you facemakers have created yellow skin for some reason on some of the players and it does not match up properly with the arm colors.

actually, i do whatever's necessary. so yes, i've sampled hair before. you wouldn't believe some of the things i've sampled before to get the result i want.

and yes, i've also drawn up faces from scratch. it's very tedious and doesn't always turn out the best so i don't suggest it. in fact, the jay buhner face i did was drawn and the only thing i sampled there was his mouth and a base texture. the dave parker and dave henderson faces, all completely from scratch except the base texture. in fact, i didn't use a single sample from any pictures of them. so yes it can be done, but it is the EASIEST if you find a good model, a good texture, and a good high res portrait to start with because this will decrease the amount of blending, re-coloring and re-modelling you would need to do.

as far as your skills go, you just gotta play around with photoshop enough to get used to it. use the link below, there's a lot of good useful tricks in there too (I even posted some of the things i do). really for blending, i mainly play with the color by going to Image>Adjustments. there's three options there i use frequently, including Hue/Saturation, Color balance, and Brightness/Contrast. if you have further questions, ask.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...e+tutorial.html

as far as your mauer face goes, it's a very good start. i'll have to take a look at the texture when i get home, but from what i can already see you just need to work on your blending skills. plus, what's the fascination with mauer and the sideburns? i've seen several requests for it, and even posted a new texture with the sideburns and still people want a better one. silly people :)

anyhow, I agree with KC, alot of faces are looking a little yellow, or even too pink. heck some of mine are like that too. just goes to show everyone can make improvements.

sorry for the wait guys, but some stuff has come up. I haven't been getting home until ~8:00 PM every night because of baseball and my teachers have decided to bury me in homework this week.

your patience is much appreciated...

btw, Melky is pretty much done, I just need to adjust his nose, his eye shape, and his eyebrows. The other guys should be much quicker because they already have base headshapes that are fairly accurate and that don't need a lot of changes.

i hear you on that one. i know it'll be work, but have you tried bartolo colon? you will have to do some re-shaping of the lips, nose and head size, but it might be a good start.

now how about a suggestion for good ole homer for roy hobbs :)

i hear you on that one. i know it'll be work, but have you tried bartolo colon? you will have to do some re-shaping of the lips, nose and head size, but it might be a good start.

now how about a suggestion for good ole homer for roy hobbs :)

thanks!

as for the Natural, I'd maybe see if thr33niL would let you use his Mark Lowe headshape, it might work out pretty good

actually, got a second thought on this one. how about starting with jose vidro? unless of course you've already tried it and my once thought revelation is up in smoke.

that's actually a great idea. I was looking for someone with a somewhat pudgy face, but not too fat like Bartolo. I'm glad I was working on Pavano.

yeah i was thinking of the same thing. don't know why i didn't think of vidro first, since he's on my team. but every time i need to use a pudgy face, bartolo comes to mind first and then it gets stuck there.

how's the progress on that homer face? when you finish it, can you do one of max power too?

You're more than welcome to use it. BTW, I gotta see that Homer Simpson one. Hilarious!

i was gonna ask...i swear :) i just haven't gotten around to doing any faces this week. been busy.

but i'd love to see homer too. i'm just not that good with oedit. it's gonna take a jedi master of oedit to get it right.

Archived