Cubs720's Request It, Tex(ture) It Cyberface Thread

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, so originally i was gonna say the bridge of the nose, but the more i look at it, it's actually the nostrils. all i have to compare it to is his pressbox, so i drew in the shape of his portrait and of your pic. as you can see by the green line, i think it can be moved a little bit and rounded out a little bit more. and i also think the chin could be a little more pointy.

and one last thing i noticed is the inside of the eyes don't completely line up correctly. the green is where it's at now, and the red is where it should be.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this face-making thread still going? I came up with some textures tonight that need some O-Editing, and once again, I find I'm not up to that task:

Ensberg with a beard:

ensbergrv7.png

A new try at Biggio:

biggioht0.png

Wandy Rodriguez, with a face like a dwarf:

wandymr2.png

Smilin' Luke Scott, which I'm still not 100% happy with:

scottef2.png

Thanks to anyone who's willing to help....

--Eric

yeah, CC's just keeping busy, but he still plans on doing these as far as i know. that ensberg one is really good. makes me wanna take a shot at it. maybe i will if i get a chance tonight. the biggio probably needs to have the red taken down a bit.

The Ensberg is great, and you should release it ASAP (I should probably note somewhere that the basis for the texture was Kraw's 2x face).

The Biggio is less so, as you've noted. I actually put the texture over the standard Biggio headshape, and it didn't look too bad. I think the fault is Biggio's. He simultaneously looks like a 12-year-old, a 40-year-old and Matt Damon.

Thanks so much for doing this!

• 1 year later...

wow old thread

anyway, nice job on the texture, my only suggestion has to do with the blending. It's very blurry around the face where you tried to blend the photo to the texture. It won't wind up looking that great in-game.

Take a look at Homer's cyberface tutorial. It really shows a lot about how to blend the photo to the texture. After watching his tutorial, my texture-making skills improved a ton.

The Geo one looks great, but I'm not quite sold on the Theriot one. I see that you mirrored both of the faces. I've never really been a fan of doing that, and while it looks fine for Soto, I think it looks kinda bad on Theriot. That, and I think Theriot's skin tone is lighter than that.

Theriot is hard to make it look like him... many of my attempts look generic. I think its his smile in the Pressbox photo. Without the smile, it just doesn't look like Ryan. Here is the best I could pull off... lightened the skin and didn't mirror the face.

2757786291_597b619a6d_o.jpg

Are you still willing to "find a headshape, create the fsh, OEdit the ord/orl files" for these textures?

Are there any other good Cubs cyberfaces out there I can download?

I hate to tell you this now, but someone actually created a Theriot face a while ago, and thr33niL's version of Geo is included in MVP 08. Take a look at those and if you think your textures are an improvement, I might be willing to give them a go.

As for other Cub faces, I think I've uploaded all of mine here and at eamods. I made a Derrek Lee one that thr33niL improved greatly for MVP 08. I also made an Aramis Ramirez face, and a pack including Fontenot, Wuertz, DeRosa, and Rich Hill. Take a look at those.

I hate to tell you this now, but someone actually created a Theriot face a while ago, and thr33niL's version of Geo is included in MVP 08. Take a look at those and if you think your textures are an improvement, I might be willing to give them a go.

I've been rocking the original modified original 05 file for a while... maybe its time for an upgrade. Oh well, it was interesting messing with textures.

Archived