Cubs720's Request It, Tex(ture) It Cyberface Thread

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha! that's pretty good. i got about as far as getting the ears right. that was it. the nose was trouble because of the lighting and that dang mouth and eyes. you did pretty good with the mouth though. where's the Big O when you need him?

could someone give me some tips on Oedit -- how to reshape heads and whatnot, as well as changing the shape of the eyes.

Whenever I use the UVmapeditor, nothing shows up in the preview screen.

i mainly use the uvmapeditor for one of two things:

1. if the texture doesn't line up correctly with the model, i will use it to line things up. use the select button and highlight whichever points you want. then hit the move button. then make sure that the horizontal and vertical buttons are selected (according to what you want to do), and then simply drag them to where ever you need.

2. otherwise, i use it to select the points of interest and edit the shape as needed. meaning, use one of the other three windows with the move option to reshape. the scale option and the rotate options are the ones i use next most frequently. don't really use the other options.

i hope that makes sense. anyhow, i'm a freakin hack (no pun intended this time) at it, so i'm sure some of these other guys understands oedit better than i do.

yeah, that's exactly why i use the uvmapeditor, just so i know exactly what part of the texture i'm gonna be moving. don't forget to zoom in on those four windows though. click anywhere in each window and then hit Ctrl + hold W to zoom in. you gotta get used to the short keys.

it's tedious work. CC was putting together a list of things we could ask for to improve the program. a zoom function in the uvmapeditor was one of them. he submitted them to the editor in hopes that he updates the program.

yeah, that's exactly why i use the uvmapeditor, just so i know exactly what part of the texture i'm gonna be moving. don't forget to zoom in on those four windows though. click anywhere in each window and then hit Ctrl + hold W to zoom in. you gotta get used to the short keys.

it's tedious work. CC was putting together a list of things we could ask for to improve the program. a zoom function in the uvmapeditor was one of them. he submitted them to the editor in hopes that he updates the program.

the problem is it has been weeks, and he still hasn't responded

I finally took advantage of a little free time:

melkyprevwx0.png

I know I need to adjust the nose area. I've done a little bit of modeling on the eyes and eye brows, but Yankee fans could probably help me out a little by critiquing it.

Would somebody mind sprucing up this D Lee tex a little. It looks pretty good in game, but it is a little blotchy and soft:

workleeblendnext2sg2.png

20 bucks to who ever gets Homer looking perfect

I'll do it for free, look for it by the end of the weekend. I had an idea on how to eliminate facial shadows for his face that will add more of a cartoonish look.

I wanted to finish Cabrera, Pavano, and Shealy tonight, but I really need some sleep (I was up until 2 AM doing a project). Hopefully I'll have them all done by monday

i'll take the twenty then :)

lee....he doesn't have such a round face. at least i don't think so. he has a stronger jaw and pointy chin. i simply think you can make the chin a little skinnier and make the jaw wider. then the lips can also move just ever so slightly closer to the nose. and to give him a more serious look, i'd just rotate the outer edges of the lips and the inner eyebrows down a little so he's frowning, or atleast not smirking.

LOL the funniest thing of this thread is ChiCubs' sig with Zambrano on the ground

:lol: it actually has two meanings, 1) to laugh at Zambrano and 2) I need to pay my fines from kangaroo court (you know what that is, right?)

Here's a pretty much finalized Derrek Lee:

lastdleeprevyl8.png

and Pavano (I'm pretty happy with it so far, however the one side of his face wasn't blended very well and it looks kinda funky, I'll post a profile view of his head if you want to see what I mean):

pavano1er9.png

as for Cabrera, KC I saw your version and it looks satisfactory, why did you want a new one?

kraw, I saw your post

my idea was to change all the headshape vertices to one vertex color, to hopefully eliminate any lighting-based shadows. The problem is, all the vertices are already the same color. The game rendering engine must cause shadows on player's faces. If thr33niL is willing to send me what he did so far, I could try to improve it.

i know how that goes. believe me. the eyes and the jaw are nearly impossible. it's almost like we would have to make a model first, and then fit a texture to it. kinda backwards. my attempt at it didn't look anywhere even close to thr33nil's either. mayb the Big O would be interested in doing it :)

Kccitystar try not to post the pics in .png form, they take a while too load even with Broadband.

actually, I like the png format. You don't lose quality of the image and that's the format I import into FshEd (using the graphic importer plugin) since I had a lot of faces crash and get messed up if I imported .bmps

Archived