Baseball Cards

Homer

I guess you could use a scanned card, then use Photoshop's "Clone Stamp" tool to remove the names. I don't however, I find you get better results making it from scratch. For example, the panels on the Bowman card were easy enough to color using Photoshop's "Gradient Tool."

Can I do this with Paint Shop Pro or do I have to use GIMP or Photoshop?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine are in psd format, which is a photoshop format. i don't know that they work with other programs. but you can certainly make these with any of those programs, it's just a matter of what format you save them in. it might not be cross compatible.

Here are two more for the night

2nd: A Minor League Set I Found

Mine

nomarminorleagueon1.jpg

Minor League Original

mcclellanminorleaguecopot9.jpg

I am looking for a couple more cards to use for templates, and when I reach about 10 or so, I will upload a template pack.

I really like the design can you make a Yankees version of this?

mine are in psd format, which is a photoshop format. i don't know that they work with other programs. but you can certainly make these with any of those programs, it's just a matter of what format you save them in. it might not be cross compatible.

I meant like if I could do it with the program and its capabilities.

Here some more work I've done with the foil edition. I don't have the card for reference, nor have I received any from others, so let me know what you think. Even if it's not 110% accurate, I kinda like it. :)

[align=center]griffeymv8.jpg[/align]

This preview is for you homer! :)

i really like the design regardless. i'm really liking where this thread is heading. i gotta imagine there's gotta be at least one person on this site with one of these cards and a scanner. gotta be. we must not be getting enough people reading this thread.

i really like the design regardless. i'm really liking where this thread is heading. i gotta imagine there's gotta be at least one person on this site with one of these cards and a scanner. gotta be. we must not be getting enough people reading this thread.

dang I just gave my scanner away to my grandmother to use for her business. I have boxes and boxes full of 80s, 90s, and early 2000s cards. I'll try to remember to bring some cards along the next time I go to see her.

I guess I could take pictures with my digital camera, but they might not come out so good, mainly because the lense has become unfocused (it has been dropped many times, not by me either :headache: )

maybe if people started making these in massive amounts, Mvpmods could start some type of virtual MVP Baseball trading card game...

I could see these cards as a way of collecting cards made by oneself and others. I think they would be perfect for the dynasty threads we have here. Someone's top player makes a decisive slide at home that will win or lose the series... Capture that in a card! These would be great for the dynasty websites with the new rookie stars you get year after year also.

Thanks, at first I wasn't sure, but this design is growing on me. I'll probably add this template when I update my download, located here <--

The Bowman template does not involve a lot of tweaking, so it is much more beginner friendly. I'll add that tutorial .pdf document I've been talking about too. I just need more time to finish it. It may take more time because I'd like to include tutorials using The Gimp, along with Photoshop.

For those that are unfamiliar, The Gimp is a image editing software similar to Photoshop, except for the price... it's free. :) If you want to make some MVP cards and feel left out, head of to The Gimp's Website <-- and check it out.

Can I do this with Paint Shop Pro or do I have to use GIMP or Photoshop?

Sorry I took so long to reply, I must have passed by this post, unintentionally of course.

From what I've found, Gimp can read .PSD files, but not write them. So you could open a .PSD file you downloaded here and save your completed card to another format like .JPEG or .PNG. You would not be able to save it as a .PSD file if you wished to create a template of your own.

Paint Shop Pro XI can read and write .PSD files. Opening any of these templates or creating a template of your own would not be a problem.

There is always the option of getting Photoshop Elements, it's $99 and shares numerous features of the expensive CS3. Elements has everything a casual photographer/artist needs.

#####

EDIT

#####

There is a .PSD plugin for GIMP, apparently it's still a little rough around the edges at the moment. I would try that solution before spending any moolah. :)

.PSD PlugIn Linker... Thingy

Thanks I might try that plugin. I have PSP 7 so that road isn't an option, unless there is a plugin for that?

Well I haven't found a plugin for Paint Shop Pro 7, but I did find a .PSP file plugin for Photoshop. If all works well, I'll release both a .PSD file along with a .PSP file for all my future updates.

• 1 month later...

How do you take good closeup screenshots? Like I cant get a good pitcher SS and like on that ripkin card how the camera is looking from the side of the hitter and not from the hitters perspective.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Excellent work your OsFan1983's Baseball Card Template is really nice.

What is the font U use for "Year Standard" Photoshop keep asking me every time I try to open your Psd files. Can U upload the font or provide a link that we can use so we can do some editing? Anyone can dl and let me know what font?

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3992.html

25465_uppd91.jpg

• 5 months later...

There's a script I wrote a year or two ago to dynamically generate cards from card text, images, and overlays. It was a lot faster than using Photoshop/GIMP.

If there's still a demand for making cards, I can try to retool the program for it and release it.

There's a script I wrote a year or two ago to dynamically generate cards from card text, images, and overlays. It was a lot faster than using Photoshop/GIMP.

If there's still a demand for making cards, I can try to retool the program for it and release it.

I think that would be great and I am sure that a lot of people would love to use it.

The way I set it up, because I took images online, I'd download the images, then run them through a batch converter to shrink them to the correct size (it scaled better that way), but not necessarily the right aspect ratio.

The script would then load the image, and using a slider, I could adjust the image centering. I'd then paste in the ratings (since I had them in Excel, I'd condense it into one line, separated by semicolons to cut down on clicking.

Since the cards here are only name, team and position, we can probably code those right in the filename (BAL-LF-Brady Anderson.png), and loading it will fill in those fields, no extra typing.

How I tweak it depends on what it's trying to do. The original, I hardcoded in where the text and logos went, so I'll need to make it possible to run multiple overlays (or wait for v1.1)

I'll try to post a quick WIP this weekend, see how well it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived