Official Video Game Thread

BigRog

I installed COD:WAW and you hear virtually no noise at all. I only have the 13gb HDD (20GB) so I installed the game I play the most.

This new XBE update is great. It gives the interface a much needed face lift. The Netflix add-on is great. I just wish the selection was bigger. I'm more of a TV person and selection for TV shows is slim.

agreed, but at least i was able to catch up on The Office and Heroes... I wish Entourage was available..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. I love heroes, but I'm so behind b/c of the soccer season. But it's done now. So are the episodes free or do you have to pay for them? How much do they cost?

Everything is free is you have the $8.99 plan or higher. The $4.99 plan doesn't have unlimited streaming. Every other plan has unlimited streaming.

I love the fact that all 8 people can be playing different games and still be chatting. The new update is total bomb.

Also I like the ability to delete game with no game score. Say if anyone has 0g for a game for achievements you can delete it so it doesn't ruin your percentage of achievements gained.

So basically I can still do nothing.

Why can't I watch movies on my Xbox with my Netflix account? I don't get it, it's like they never have enough of my money. I gotta have 12 subscriptions just to do the things I wanna do.

And what's with the talk of these people watching TV shows on the Xbox? With Live Gold, can you stream TV shows for free? Or is it like iTunes where you pay-per-download?

So basically I can still do nothing.

Why can't I watch movies on my Xbox with my Netflix account? I don't get it, it's like they never have enough of my money. I gotta have 12 subscriptions just to do the things I wanna do.

And what's with the talk of these people watching TV shows on the Xbox? With Live Gold, can you stream TV shows for free? Or is it like iTunes where you pay-per-download?

If you have a Netflix account thats good but you still need Xbox live Gold to be able to stream the movies from netflix to your xbox. You can only stream the movies from the Instant watch. Also in spring they will have an update where when you have people in your party they can View the movie or show your watching from netflix. They were suppose to have that on the NXE Launch but it got delayed. Also they will have these Live Game Show things where you use your Avatar and compete with other people(one is called 1 vs 100 so i assume there can be up to 100 people not sure yet)

In case anyone still legitly cares about GTA or playes it on occasion

GTA IV Xbox 360 Exclusive DLC Details Emerge

The GTA IV DLC has been AWOL for sometime now and the confusion between Rockstar and Microsoft employees doesn't really make you feel that confident about it. Nevertheless, details emerged today detailing the episodic content, from USA Today of all places.

They report that the DLC will be released on February 17th and will carry the title "Lost and Damned". The story is said to revolve around Johnny Klebitz, a member of the Liberty City bike gang, The Lost. Whilst we don't know much regarding the story, Dan Houser, VP of Creative Development promises us "that the story will show you a different side of Liberty City".

At least we have a date now anyway. No word on price or the like yet. Either way, I personally can't wait for the DLC to drop.

GTA IV DLC Screens

So to accompany the earlier announcement regarding the GTA IV DLC, Rockstar have released a series of screens as well.

So it seems like the DLC takes the perspective of Johnny Klebitz, a biker from Liberty City gang, The Lost and his story is said to have some overlap with Niko Bellic's story from the GTA IV main game. How much and to what extent? Who knows, I do know that Rockstar don't really talk much about plot, so don't expect to find out before launch.

I'm a little disappointed to not be jumping back in to Bellic's shoes, after all, he was a great character. However, I'm open to change, so let's hope Klebitz puts in a memorable performance that matches or even exceeds that of Bellic's.

Without further delay, here's the 4 GTA IV DLC screens in our shrunk format. Head to the gallery for a better resolution.

GTA IV DLC is the first of two episodes, due on February 17th 2009.

med_gang-standoff.jpg

med_Johnny-cruising-in-Alderney.jpg

med_Riding-to-Algonquin.jpg

med_The-Lost.jpg

In case anyone still legitly cares about GTA or playes it on occasion

GTA IV Xbox 360 Exclusive DLC Details Emerge

GTA IV DLC Screens

What the **** happened to it coming out this year?

and anyway, Saints Row 2 is better than GTA IV.

Archived