MVP 08

compmaniac

Yeah... I figured it was too one-sided, the thing im most looking forward to is reading the dynasties. I was reading the Bandits for awhile and it inspired me to do one, and then I realized I couldnt make a photoshop template to save my life.

:depress:

It is not required to have photoshop templates to run a dynasty. They do make the dynasties look a lot better, but many people have done just fine without them.

Also, please don't question the release date of this mod anymore. These modders have no set schedule and they also don't need to be pestered by the same inquiry over and over.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look people pressbox has not released the new images yet

and when they do about 1200+ portraits will have to be updated (not a quick thing)

Plus we have the stadium issue, we will not know the new ads until a day or two before opening day (if we are lucky)

Yeah life sucks and we are slow as hell but we are not going to release a beta just to release a monster size patch a month later

you will get

the 1st release

the All-Star release

the WS release

and monthly Face & Stadiums updates (if warranted)

Don't even bother answering this question anymore Kraw. I bet you've spent as much time answering this question as you have working on this mod. Patience is a virtue. And it's not like they can't find something else to do in the meantime. Tell them to download a conversion mod.

look people pressbox has not released the new images yet

and when they do about 1200+ portraits will have to be updated (not a quick thing)

Plus we have the stadium issue, we will not know the new ads until a day or two before opening day (if we are lucky)

Yeah life sucks and we are slow as hell but we are not going to release a beta just to release a monster size patch a month later

you will get

the 1st release

the All-Star release

the WS release

and monthly Face & Stadiums updates (if warranted)

Hey Kraw, I'm not tryin to pester ya for a release date or anything. I'm just confused because I could swear you guys released 07 in Feb. last year. What's different this year? Did you not wait for the pressbox photos and ads last year? Cause I'm sure those weren't available in Feb. right?

I am very excited about the release of MVP08. But if I have to, I can wait till the all-star break if need be. Why release something now that has to be updated two weeks later. I know the longer it takes, the more and more detail goes into the game.

So take your time, get it done right. When it does come out, it will once again exceed our expectations.

Besides if people are so ready to play it, you can always go to 2K8 or just use MVP07 with the updated rosters.

Hi...I'm Italian... When release MVP 08 Complete Patch?

lol.

I'm sorry I know you're foreign but that question has been asked too many times. Just look a few posts above and it was answered.

And to play with an 08 roster, download one and install it with the method in the readme. All of them will work with the 07 mod.

my MVP 07 crashed on me. and now that I rarely have a good speed internet, I cant download the mod yet. but I dont mind playing MVP 2005 with the 2008 rosters.... I mainly play exhibition games against friends anyways

so take your time, and thanx for the excellent work done on MVP 07

and lets hope that 08 is a success

I hope the guys working on this do take our requests for release dates as enthusiasm rather than just trying to bug them. They do an incredibly awesome job of updating the game and keeping it interesting and if they didnt do such a great job we wouldn't be so ancy to get a copy. I know I will personally play the **** out of it but trying to keep madden08 interesting to hold me over a few more weeks. I am a nerd and this 08 copy will as good as xmas morning for me. Maybe now is a good time to put some of those paypal addresses for donations again..... thanks in advance guys for everything.

I hope the guys working on this do take our requests for release dates as enthusiasm rather than just trying to bug them. They do an incredibly awesome job of updating the game and keeping it interesting and if they didnt do such a great job we wouldn't be so ancy to get a copy. I know I will personally play the **** out of it but trying to keep madden08 interesting to hold me over a few more weeks. I am a nerd and this 08 copy will as good as xmas morning for me. Maybe now is a good time to put some of those paypal addresses for donations again..... thanks in advance guys for everything.

Well said.....were all looking forward to 08. I personally check everyday but for the most part Im very quiet on here and rarely post.

Keep up the good work guys

Well said.....were all looking forward to 08. I personally check everyday but for the most part Im very quiet on here and rarely post.

Keep up the good work guys

Based on what Kraw's saying, I have to say that a lot of the work is done that does not have anything to do with the portraits. But the portraits are a big part of this mod and they can't do a thing until MLB releases them. So they got to wait. And then he said they have to check on the new ads on the stadium walls so they are accurate with that too. That means sometime after opening day. Not a problem!

Based on what Kraw's saying, I have to say that a lot of the work is done that does not have anything to do with the portraits. But the portraits are a big part of this mod and they can't do a thing until MLB releases them. So they got to wait. And then he said they have to check on the new ads on the stadium walls so they are accurate with that too. That means sometime after opening day. Not a problem!

That made me think of a question. If we were to start an 08 dynasty on opening day with 07 and updated rosters, would that dynasty then be compatible with 08 when we switch over or would we have to start fresh again? I'd just like to know before I go and start a dynasty...

copied discs should work with REboot
Well actually the copied is kinda scratched too lol,

So when Installing the normal game i go

1.disk1

2.disk2

3copy of disk 2

And when it stops working in the installation, i pop the original disk2 back in.

So I guess I will just make another disk 2 copy, will that work?

I'm new to this mod, I heard about Modding MVP 2005 through the Max Kellerman radio show this morning . . . quite frankly what you guys are doing on this site is a beautiful thing.

This was the last baseball game I played that got it right. 2K and Sony are butchering the MLB license. Keep up the good work guys. Can someone PM me the status of the 08 mod (or a link if it's released officially). . . if not that's cool, I'll enjoy 07 for a while anyway.

Archived