MVP 08

compmaniac

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome guys. I'll be around as soon as I get 05. I think the MVP games were the best by far. I'll buy it for the PC and play. Will many people play this Mod online?
Good Luck on trying to "save money" on the game. As for playing online, Since EA took down the servers the only way to play is IP to IP. Its very tough to get a match that way because there is no matchmaking system and you need to know your opponent to play them.

Is this gonna be for MVP 2004 or MVP 2005?
Technically the MVP 04 version is totally different and made by another person. This one is for just MVP 05. There is another modder besides Kraw who has made a conversion for mvp 04.

MVP 05 will have new Stadiums, Cyberfaces, Portraits, Overlays, Audio, Rosters, uniforms,etc while I believe MVP 04 version has new Rosters, audio, and some new uniforms.

I don't even have the game anymore or a computer that could even run it, but I am anxious to see what you all have done this time around. I am especially interested to see what Rolie has done with the stadiums and what Cubs720 did with the new Nats park. I hope it turns out nicely no matter.

I don't know if anyone can answer this or not but I'll just put this out there...

Can someone tell me if there is plans for adding the picnic area in right at miller park? If you guys can't tell me that's fine, I was just wondering. BTW, I just played the 07 version for the first time and I was impressed! Awesome job guys, I can't wait to see how great 08 will be!

edit: oh and Yankee4Life, I like your sig, it caught my eye with my username in it

I don't know if anyone can answer this or not but I'll just put this out there...

Can someone tell me if there is plans for adding the picnic area in right at miller park? If you guys can't tell me that's fine, I was just wondering.

I haven't contributed anything to the 08 mods, but Rolie was planning on working some changes into my stadiums. I haven't heard of any progress and I don't think Miller was anywhere on his horizon. Rolie is probably underground finishing all of these up for 08 or he has taken a hiatus.

My guess is that Miller won't be updated for awhile, but he'll get to it eventually.

Is there improvements graphically over the original MVP 05 game?

Yes. And you will see it in the uniforms. They are going to be sharper and better looking. There's a uniform modder who is making the unis for the game and you will be able to tell a significant improvement from the uniforms that were directly out of the box from EA compared to his.

Also, the stadiums look a lot better. Improved looks, actual advertising signs will be featured in every ballpark.

So while this game is an upgrade from the original Mvp 05 as it is based on, it is also a completely different and improved version.

Overall, what gets changed when installing MVP 08?

Besides the following:

Updated rosters

Updated player stats

Updated player pictures

Updated stadiums

Updated music

What am I missing?

Does anything change with the physics of the game? What I mean is---Does the gameplay get tweaked too?

Archived