MVP 08

compmaniac

A lot of these stupid questions could be quelled if things that were done were released. In years past no one held their mods out. Release them and let people build their own 08 Mod with what they want.

Things like portraits aren't done, but there has to be something available. Uniforms? New rosters? We know faces are done. The 08 schedule has been out there for months.

Then again maybe people will pay, err donate, real heftily if you all hold out.

Are they? Good. I was waiting for the all-stop.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess that release date of December 12 is right on for MVP 2008.

all hail the mighty god of MVP Baseball.

:hail:

if your so concerned with the release date, why don't you get off your butt and contribute?

Would it be worth it is the question. If they get banned, IMO, they would just come back and join the site with a different user name.

then y4l would have a real reason to ban them, as it is directly stated in the rule book that you cannot make more accounts

Yeah but how many accounts need to get banned for the same person before he/she stops making new accounts

Unfortunately, that is up to the person who makes the accounts. I can recall many examples over the years of someone who got banned and then kept coming back over and over again. The latest one being only a few months ago.

I am pretty sure that the admins can ban the IP and don't have to ban the duplicate account each time.

No we can't. Only Trues has the ability to go in and ban an entire IP. We can only ban the duplicate account. So when you see me every once in awhile typing out an IP in the shoutbox when those people flood the site, I am actually doing it for two reasons. One to let Trues know what it is so he can take care of it and secondly for Kraw to see it because the same stuff happens at Eamods too. Flooding's a waste of time and it ruins everyone's online time on here.

WHAT is the point of having an 08 mod release if all it does is package (stuff) that has already been released.

Maybe because that is all you have ever done Kraw.

In fact I want the mod to be released, because I expect it to be very good.

I was just suggesting another route for users who want to get going as the season starts.

Your spite is incredible. Don't you have your own site to proliferate with hate?

Spungo I have always been bold, but you weren't around to see it and I can understand why now.

Maybe because that is all you have ever done Kraw.

In fact I want the mod to be released, because I expect it to be very good.

I was just suggesting another route for users who want to get going as the season starts.

Your spite is incredible. Don't you have your own site to proliferate with hate?

Spungo I have always been bold, but you weren't around to see it and I can understand why now.

:ninja:

Yikes! Alright, alright... all this is really outside the purpose of this site, and certainly outside the purpose of this thread.

I understand sometimes people get frustrated, and irked and all that jazz...

Pirate, you're one of the truly old-school at modding MVP05. (I think of you every day I play in that wonderful Busch Stadium III in MVP). You will always be entitled to your opinion.

Kraw has heard the "all you do is make an installer" insult before (I've seen it), and we all know it's not true. Pirate, you don't have to agree with how he and the rest of the MVP08 team develops and releases their mod. And you're entitled to be downright mad about it, if you want. And it's certainly you're right to post about your opinion, whenever you'd like.

But the outright insults are probably better left to PM's, or just left unsaid completely.

I'm just trying to leave this thread with some kind of purpose, so it doesn't end up locked like so many others that went astray.

So when will MVP08 be...oh wait I'm not another troll.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate all that you modders do. We wouldnt have an up to date game if it werent for you guys! So what if it takes time before it releases, it will be well worth it!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Hey Guys...not to get off subject of the bannings and such...

But, got a question that has to do with updating to MVP 08 when it does come out. To put it in perspective, I am a moron when it comes to modding and updating and such. I can barely use that great program MVP Edit. But, I have updated to MVP 07 and got the a dynasty stable and I am well into it. Here is my question.

How can I continue to play my 07 dynasty if I upgrade to 08? Firstly is this even possible. Secondly, if this is possible, are there numerous problems that could be warmful to the franchise and possibly corrupt it.

I mean i would love to update my game when the 08 mod comes out, but not at the cost of my franchise. Really just updating the stadiums. Like the new Nats stadium is what would spur me to update. As far as rosters and such, I keep that stuff updated myself.

So, is it wise to update? What would be the benefits, and do they outway potential disaster to a dynasty that I have going and wish to keep going.

You guys are Gods in my eyes who do this. I thank you in advance for all the work you have done to keep the only baseball game that I love playing going all this time. Thanks in advance for any reply.

I guess a backup to my questions is...do guys put out stadiums for the 07 game as well...? Like an update to the Nats stadium and possible new Yanks and Mets stadiums when they come out...and would those patches to just the stadiums work if I kept 07 instead of updating to 08.

Curious.

I guess a backup to my questions is...do guys put out stadiums for the 07 game as well...? Like an update to the Nats stadium and possible new Yanks and Mets stadiums when they come out...and would those patches to just the stadiums work if I kept 07 instead of updating to 08.

Curious.

Yes, there are updated stadiums going to be added as they have stated. But they have to wait until opening day when the new ads are put in throughout the major league parks.

There is going to be the New Nationals stadium. ChicagoCubs720 is working on it. I can say without a doubt by just looking at some of his screenshots that no one will be disappointed with the final result of this.

The new Yankee and Met stadiums will NOT be in this 08 mod because both of the stadiums are not completed yet. All we have seen of them is artist's renderings of them. These stadiums can not be because of this.

Hey Guys...not to get off subject of the bannings and such...

But, got a question that has to do with updating to MVP 08 when it does come out. To put it in perspective, I am a moron when it comes to modding and updating and such. I can barely use that great program MVP Edit. But, I have updated to MVP 07 and got the a dynasty stable and I am well into it. Here is my question.

How can I continue to play my 07 dynasty if I upgrade to 08? Firstly is this even possible. Secondly, if this is possible, are there numerous problems that could be warmful to the franchise and possibly corrupt it.

I mean i would love to update my game when the 08 mod comes out, but not at the cost of my franchise. Really just updating the stadiums. Like the new Nats stadium is what would spur me to update. As far as rosters and such, I keep that stuff updated myself.

So, is it wise to update? What would be the benefits, and do they outway potential disaster to a dynasty that I have going and wish to keep going.

You guys are Gods in my eyes who do this. I thank you in advance for all the work you have done to keep the only baseball game that I love playing going all this time. Thanks in advance for any reply.

just make 08 a separate install.

On the subject of banning the idiots.you could ban the ip, but then you run the chance of retaliation, someone gathering a bunch of bots to take down the site with a DoS. Better off to just let them spout off and show their ignorance.

A lot of these stupid questions could be quelled if things that were done were released. In years past no one held their mods out. Release them and let people build their own 08 Mod with what they want.

Things like portraits aren't done, but there has to be something available. Uniforms? New rosters? We know faces are done. The 08 schedule has been out there for months.

Then again maybe people will pay, err donate, real heftily if you all hold out.

I'd agree with you, but you have to think that in the past things may have been released instead of held and we still got these questions. You know that is true. We all do.

The backhanded comment about trying to get donations is unwarrented and completely untrue. I know that as a fact. And you have to know that it is a bit of an insult to the modders involved.

Now on to more amusing things. How about this: a U.F.A.L., where lindy gets banned from both sites. "UFAL"= united front against lindy. It's catchy. The ban could get lifted say, 7-31-08, the trade deadline.

U.F.A.L., dangit.

the dynasty file will work with 08

Only if he updates the 08 models.big or updates his dynasty .dat files to match with the 08 models.big.

There was an utility that was provided with MVP 07 Reboot to update the rosters to go along with the current models.big and I am assuming that it will be provided along with 08 as well.

Ok, I think this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Will the Nationals new stadium be in this mod? I am from DC, but, like I said earlier, I'm a Marine stationed in Hawaii, and I haven't seen the stadium yet. I've heard its nice though.

Archived