MVP 08

compmaniac

No need to get sarcastic. :mrgreen: I must have not been clear enough with my post. I meant, rather than Admins having to reply to each futile comment related to the release of '08, you can avoid those posters completely. It was just a suggestion, did not mean to offend anybody in the Admin department and was not implying anything mate. My apologies.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to get sarcastic. :mrgreen: I must have not been clear enough with my post. I meant, rather than Admins having to reply to each futile comment related to the release of '08, you can avoid those posters completely. It was just a suggestion, did not mean to offend anybody in the Admin department and was not implying anything mate. My apologies.

Yes, you are right, so please excuse me. And my apologies too. Your intentions were in the right place. As far as locking threads, sure this one would have been because it's got so off base from what the topic has been about, but this is such an important thread in here that we can't lock it. Just imagine for a second if a post in here had actually something to do with the mod itself! Hahahahah. My point is that if we lock this thread and maybe start another one about the 08 mod, they'll just ruin that one too.

Oh, and be prepared for this: when the 08 mod is finally out, the ones who complained about "when will it be out" will be the first ones to complain about something in the game that was not put in or that they didn't like. Just watch!

But anyway, thank you, and please excuse me again.

Ok Y4L and all admins not to be a smartass here or wanting to upset anyone but I don't understand why you guys can't post a progress update on the main page. Or maybe even just a NOT YET !!! on the main page. lol I have a heavy work load and I can't spend as much time as I would like on the forums so that would be helpful to all of those like me. Doing this would cut into your entertainment obviously but it would save a lot of bandwidth.lol I understand there is no release date but most that come here work on deadlines and don't understand there is no deadline etc... I just think it would save a lot of time for people like me and it seems from this forum there are a good many of us. Not trying to be a smartass or anything or offend anyone , it's just a suggestion. Thanks

Ok Y4L and all admins not to be a smartass here or wanting to upset anyone but I don't understand why you guys can't post a progress update on the main page. Or maybe even just a NOT YET !!! on the main page. lol I have a heavy work load and I can't spend as much time as I would like on the forums so that would be helpful to all of those like me. Doing this would cut into your entertainment obviously but it would save a lot of bandwidth.lol I understand there is no release date but most that come here work on deadlines and don't understand there is no deadline etc... I just think it would save a lot of time for people like me and it seems from this forum there are a good many of us. Not trying to be a smartass or anything or offend anyone , it's just a suggestion. Thanks

That's a good idea. But you got to realize that I'm in the same situation that you are in. I don't know the progress update or release date because I haven't been told. All I know is what's been reported. Those guys are waiting on the pressbox photos from MLB to make the portraits. Can't do anything without that. I have also been told that they are waiting to get updated ads from the stadiums. And those can't be done until after opening day. So all this tells me is the release date, if all goes well as planned, will be sometime in early to mid April. And this is only an educated guess.

I really like your suggestion and I am going to ask two people about this to see if something can be done about it. First to Kraw to see if he wants to and then to Trues. I'll keep you posted.

That's a good idea. But you got to realize that I'm in the same situation that you are in. I don't know the progress update or release date because I haven't been told. All I know is what's been reported. Those guys are waiting on the pressbox photos from MLB to make the portraits. Can't do anything without that. I have also been told that they are waiting to get updated ads from the stadiums. And those can't be done until after opening day. So all this tells me is the release date, if all goes well as planned, will be sometime in early to mid April. And this is only an educated guess.

I really like your suggestion and I am going to ask two people about this to see if something can be done about it. First to Kraw to see if he wants to and then to Trues. I'll keep you posted.

To further expand on his idea, what if, instead of putting up something with a release date or progress report, just put a banner toward the top of the page saying something to the effect of "Coming Soon: MVP Baseball 08". Cause I've noticed alot of these posts are people who are unsure if it's out or not and are simply trying to find out because maybe they don't know where to look. A banner like such would at least let people know it's coming and it's not out, nor has it been cancelled. I'm sure when it is available there will be a banner or something saying it's out but ya can't assume everyone is gonna know that. It doesn't totally solve the problem but it's a start.

Yes, you are right, so please excuse me. And my apologies too. Your intentions were in the right place. As far as locking threads, sure this one would have been because it's got so off base from what the topic has been about, but this is such an important thread in here that we can't lock it. Just imagine for a second if a post in here had actually something to do with the mod itself! Hahahahah. My point is that if we lock this thread and maybe start another one about the 08 mod, they'll just ruin that one too.

Oh, and be prepared for this: when the 08 mod is finally out, the ones who complained about "when will it be out" will be the first ones to complain about something in the game that was not put in or that they didn't like. Just watch!

But anyway, thank you, and please excuse me again.

I completely agree and well put, man. No hard feelings :wtg:

as someone with experience in the nhl modding community dating back to the late 90's, i just want to say that i patiently await the release of mvp 08, and appreciate all the hard work that you guys are putting into this.

hey guys, i am new to this mod thing. however i have a bit of an issue, i originally got the game from a torrent. it installed fine, however when i downloaded and installed MVP 07, it says it requires the CDRom. is this true, is there anyways to get around this... the reason i ask is because prior to downloading the 07 total conversion mod, it opened w/o the cd. i am at a standstill! and i need help!

hey guys, i am new to this mod thing. however i have a bit of an issue, i originally got the game from a torrent. it installed fine, however when i downloaded and installed MVP 07, it says it requires the CDRom. is this true, is there anyways to get around this... the reason i ask is because prior to downloading the 07 total conversion mod, it opened w/o the cd. i am at a standstill! and i need help!

MVPmods.com does not support nor allow the support of illegally downloaded software.

You do not get around the requirement. To use the 07 mod, and the upcoming 08 mod, you must have a legal copy of the game.

In response to a question about locking the thread

As far as locking threads, sure this one would have been because it's got so off base from what the topic has been about, but this is such an important thread in here that we can't lock it. Just imagine for a second if a post in here had actually something to do with the mod itself! Hahahahah. My point is that if we lock this thread and maybe start another one about the 08 mod, they'll just ruin that one too.

MVPmods.com does not support nor allow the support of illegally downloaded software.

You do not get around the requirement. To use the 07 mod, and the upcoming 08 mod, you must have a legal copy of the game.

It is just for install right? my game is pretty scratched as it is old so will probably run pretty questoinably

Archived