MVP 08

compmaniac

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't be worth it because we would have to go through every member here and decide who we let post in here and who we don't. So even if only the staff and contributors can only post in here, some people who are neither will be shut out.And that still does not stop the new guy who is only been on the site for a day, or a week or two weeks coming in here and demanding the release of this mod. Some new people do this and some don't. All I can do is come in here and say the same thing over and over again until it becomes so monotonous that maybe it will sink in to some of them.

Can you not triple post, please. Jesus. This thread is getting way out of line.

THE MOD WILL BE RELEASED, WHEN IT IS DONE! STOP ASKING, AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO!

Why are you flaming me? My triple posts had more relevance then half these people on here. I dont think that is fair. But you do have a point.

hey guys I have a question for MVP 08, and it has nothing to do with its release date!!!!!!! I just started a dynasty with 07, when 08 is released, will i be able to download 08 and still use my current dynasty? Thanks and keep up the great work!

hey guys I have a question for MVP 08, and it has nothing to do with its release date!!!!!!! I just started a dynasty with 07, when 08 is released, will i be able to download 08 and still use my current dynasty? Thanks and keep up the great work!

I doubt it. The save file for 07 most likely won't be compatable with 08.

If you go through here it should say it a handful of times. After opening day, im assuming mid april. Maybe we can restart this thread with the facts so no one has read through 40 pages. Just a suggestion. We should have the thread start with the progress page from EA mods then go from there. Because if we leave this alone its just going to get worse. Or maybe give a projected release date. Anything would help. Sorry if I sound like a nag, But everytime i check this thread expecting something interesting, its the same question being asked even though we are told not to ask.

Im done ranting.

If you go through here it should say it a handful of times. After opening day, im assuming mid april. Maybe we can restart this thread with the facts so no one has read through 40 pages. Just a suggestion. We should have the thread start with the progress page from EA mods then go from there. Because if we leave this alone its just going to get worse. Or maybe give a projected release date. Anything would help. Sorry if I sound like a nag, But everytime i check this thread expecting something interesting, its the same question being asked even though we are told not to ask.

Im done ranting.

Thanks for you input, but no thanks. I'm not going to make a new thread because the same stupid questions will just gravitate to that one. If these people want answers about the exact release date or the general area of time that this mod is going to come out then they are actually going to have to do some work for themselves and look back on these pages in this thread. The truth is these people don't want to search, don't want to contribute anything to the website and just want things handed to them. Now, maybe that guy who just posted the lastest "when's it" question is not like this at all, but as someone like you, who has been keeping up with this thread very well knows, a lot of those people who are asking for this are just demanding and impatient.

Do you honestly think Kraw is sitting on the forums, reading posts, and getting ****? No. He's probably working on the mod.

That's exactly what he does. He reads this thread and any other damn thread he feels like. He also works on the mod. Does that answer your question?

Guys, relax. Kraw and company are making MVP 08, just sit tight. I'm probably more anxious than you are, but just relax and when he releases it, he releases it. For now, play MVP 07, or stick with 2005.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but a lot of people realize how much had work and effort these guys put into a game that they make $0 from. They're doing this non-profit.

If you go through here it should say it a handful of times. After opening day, im assuming mid april. Maybe we can restart this thread with the facts so no one has read through 40 pages. Just a suggestion. We should have the thread start with the progress page from EA mods then go from there. Because if we leave this alone its just going to get worse. Or maybe give a projected release date. Anything would help.

That's a great idea. People don't like to read, as you can tell by this 40 page thread, so IMO, make a thread with just facts. If you want, even make it point form, God knows reading sentences and paragraphs are too much work. Yankee4Life, I agree with you, but if something this basic isn't done, people are just going to keep doing what they're doing now, and unless you're willing to totally ignore all the posts/threads that these people keep making, I think creating a sticky or something with some MVP 08 info is great.

Bottom line: sit tight. Everyone wants to see MVP 08, so please, everyone stop asking and let it come out when its ready. Like 07, there are going to be bugs and glitches, so it's going to take time to iron out everything. Please, just let the modders work at their own pace, and when it's done, we will all be 365 days happier.

Okay, I have to comment here. I always appreciate having all this work done, so I try to donate what I can to this site. So I feel compelled to comment with some wise advice for the admins who get frustrated with the "stupid" questions.

First of all, you can tell some people love this game, but are to some degree illiterate, some can barely speak english...........so, consider this to be a given, and I am sure you could search the site from year to year and come up with a statistic of how many stupid questions there are...........it is going to be a given amount, nothing you're going to do about it. Our education system in the U.S. combined with foreigners who join in are the cause, and that's a fact. Most people who can read (about 8th grade level) can search this site for answers. But for others who have trouble with the language, are going to ask stupid questions, so for the admins, just delegate the task to those eager to field those kinds of questions. No need to rebuke those who are unable to come up to the standard.

For me, I am anxious for the rosters to come out, naturally, but I know it has to be some time after opening day for anyone to make an accurate roster for 2008, and it's just how it goes. and I am thankful for it.

What really brings my p*ss to a boil (jchorneau, disregard this, this comment isn't intended for you) are the people that come on here and whine and complain about stuff like lack of updates, players being on the wrong teams/FA pool, etc. So get off your a*s and do something. I realize that I'm not one to talk, but let me explain something...

When I made the jump for SEGA GameGear (That's right, I'm old school), to PS1, to PC, I began playing 3DO's MLB High Heat 2004. The game is fun, but the skill levels are ridiculous (high power in hitting is equivalent to a shot off the wall every other AB). Eventually, I got MVP 2005 the day it came out, and have been playing it ever since. Before I stumbled upon MVPmods.com, I had been keeping my rosters up to date BY MYSELF. Tejada to the Orioles? No problem. Burnett to the Jays? Done and done. Occasionally, I would edit players based on their skill now, and change stuff like Jon Dowd to John Dowd, etc. And I made The Sex Machine, known in human form as Cole Hamels.

The moral of the story: don't be lazy. The modders have enough on their plate to deal with at this point, and I'm sure that they also have lives outside of modding MVP. If you want updated rosters, do it yourself. Better yet, download the MVP 2005 Ratings Generator, it basically spoonfeeds you what you everything. Enter the stats, it outputs the stats. Write 'em down, edit the guy, and you're good to go. Even when I had MLB 2002 by friggin 989 Sports, I was updating rosters by myself all the time. It's not hard, and sometimes, especially when you're favourite team gets someone good, it's actually fun to watch your teams rank go up, and the others drop (actually, its the other way around, the lower the better :p).

Just to point something else out. After joining the Facebook group for MVPmods, I posted, but am going to post it here because I'm a Canadian Cole Hamels. MVP is the 2nd best baseball game ever, slightly behind Ken Griffey Junior Presents Major League Baseball for the Super NES (aka KGJPMLB, not to be mistaken with KGJ's Winning Run, which is as hard as t*ts). For those who have yet to play it, I HIGHLY suggest you actually go out, get an SNES, get KGJPMLB, and play it. This game on SNES is equivalent to Super Mario for NES, or WWF No Mercy/Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64. Just to spread the word

Archived