MVP 08

compmaniac

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That boogie guy is an idiot. What he does not know is that even though theres a way around the IP ban, Its flawed. As far as I know the only way to change or hide IP is through a proxy, and then after that your internet speed suffers. So how the hell is this idiot thinking he will download now? His internet will be horribly hampered.

Better find some friends who like MVP dummie.

hey guys I have a question for MVP 08, and it has nothing to do with its release date!!!!!!! I just started a dynasty with 07, when 08 is released, will i be able to download 08 and still use my current dynasty? Thanks and keep up the great work!

Yes, you will be able to do that.

Thanks Raptorquiz, just one more question will I have to do anything to change it over? Or just install it like normal and it will work?

If you install OVER your current install of MVP, then the dynasty should continue working. If you make a fresh install (which will likely be recommended), you'll have to copy the save file to wherever your new install points for save-games.

EDIT: You know, on second thought, I'm not sure what (if any) cyberface issues will arise from 07-08. If a whole bunch of the faces are reassigned, you could be in some trouble.

ok Kraw release the game already... My Braves have already lost the first two games and I am so depressed... not to mention I ma going through my mid life crisis... and I have been home sick with the flu for 5 days now and I am just plain flat bored...lol any of this working ??? I didn't think so... Oh well... can't blame a guy for trying...

ok Kraw release the game already... My Braves have already lost the first two games and I am so depressed... not to mention I ma going through my mid life crisis... and I have been home sick with the flu for 5 days now and I am just plain flat bored...lol any of this working ??? I didn't think so... Oh well... can't blame a guy for trying...

I told you and everyone else not to even joke about asking when this is going to be released. The next guy that does this won't have time to make another post.

[quote name='"The moral of the story: don't be lazy. The modders have enough on their plate to deal with at this point' date=' and I'm sure that they also have lives outside of modding MVP. If you want updated rosters, do it yourself. Better yet, download the MVP 2005 Ratings Generator, it basically spoonfeeds you what you everything. Enter the stats, it outputs the stats. Write 'em down, edit the guy, and you're good to go. Even when I had MLB 2002 by friggin 989 Sports, I was updating rosters by myself all the time. It's not hard, and sometimes, especially when you're favourite team gets someone good, it's actually fun to watch your teams rank go up, and the others drop (actually, its the other way around, the lower the better :p).[/quote']

It is clear you have knowledge................beyond many. I don't think it's lazyness, but a lack of knowledge that drives people to this site with requests for tweaks and things, otherwise they probably would do it themselves. I suppose in my case you might suggest a tutorial or simply share that knowedge here so we may all be enlightened. thanks.

Yes, you will be able to do that.

I started a dynasty with the 2007 season in MVP 07 and I could continue that in MVP 08 just by placing the dynasty file where it should go? And the next season 2008 will have the correct schedule for that year?

With a bit of digging on here and at eamods there are loads of tutorials and tools to help you mod the game to your hearts content. Everything from cyberfaces, portraits, uniforms, team names, audio... its all out there to learn. If you've got time and patience you can even build your own ballpark. Ive just had a lot of fun reorganizing the divisions.

Its quite easy to make your own mvp08 on your own. Obviously not upto the standard that the 'official' one will be, but enough to keep you occupied. Someone else on here described it best when they said they were playing the game now as their 'spring training' to prepare themselves for the upcoming release.

I think everyone should email the mlb pressbox people to get them to release the damn headshots already :player:

If you install OVER your current install of MVP, then the dynasty should continue working. If you make a fresh install (which will likely be recommended), you'll have to copy the save file to wherever your new install points for save-games.

EDIT: You know, on second thought, I'm not sure what (if any) cyberface issues will arise from 07-08. If a whole bunch of the faces are reassigned, you could be in some trouble.

Kraw let me know that the MVP08 mod *WILL* come with a utility (written by TyWiggins) to update your current dynasties to match the cyberfaces with the new MVP08 models.big - SO, the final answer on this question:

YES, you will be able to continue your MVP07 dynasties after installing MVP08 - you will just need to run this utility that will come with the MVP08 download.

You can do what I did. I made up a created player who was bound to be a superstar, and started a 2007 season with the AAA team, of the mlb team i want to be in mvp 08, and im just going to play till the mod comes out. And progress my created character into the 08 season. Have some fun, be patient.

That boogie guy is an idiot. What he does not know is that even though theres a way around the IP ban, Its flawed. As far as I know the only way to change or hide IP is through a proxy, and then after that your internet speed suffers. So how the hell is this idiot thinking he will download now? His internet will be horribly hampered.

Better find some friends who like MVP dummie.

No, it's not flawed you silly goose. I can come and go as I please and reap the kind and talented benefits of some of your hard work. Obviously the IP ban didn't do anything, nor will it at any point. If you're that bent on making certain I never make another account, either every potential new member is going to have to suffer or the 'administration' will be inconvenienced. Hell I might even donate this year! As long as your shitdick massa doesn't see any of the money, I'll make your time spent worth your while.

I've never said anything inflammatory on this site except when that complete jism receptacle you call an administrator felt the need to pick himself up via cutting down people who have a hard time with the english language. The guy needs to seriously get over himself and when he starts treating people like he 'the king' DEMANDS to be treated, the 'problem' that is me doesn't say anything.

Regards to all & TIGERS >>> YOUR CLUB

No, it's not flawed you silly goose. I can come and go as I please and reap the kind and talented benefits of some of your hard work. Obviously the IP ban didn't do anything, nor will it at any point. If you're that bent on making certain I never make another account, either every potential new member is going to have to suffer or the 'administration' will be inconvenienced. Hell I might even donate this year! As long as your shitdick massa doesn't see any of the money, I'll make your time spent worth your while.

I've never said anything inflammatory on this site except when that complete jism receptacle you call an administrator felt the need to pick himself up via cutting down people who have a hard time with the english language. The guy needs to seriously get over himself and when he starts treating people like he 'the king' DEMANDS to be treated, the 'problem' that is me doesn't say anything.

Regards to all & TIGERS >>> YOUR CLUB

This is another SteveBoogie account that has been suspended. I'm sure anyone who's been following this thread can guess that. I'll tell you something that I've never been able to figure out since I've been doing this job. Here's this guy SteveBoogie, where only a few days ago no one really heard anything about him. He's been here since April of last year and has a handful of posts. I checked over all his posts, nothing out of the ordinary. But just like that he pulls something like this, gets himself a thirty day ban for making a comment in here and responds by creating three new accounts in succession. Now by doing that he has a lifetime ban and still in his eyes he sees himself doing nothing wrong. He has to blame the staff.

And for the record, I did not put anyone down because they can not write in English well. I was responding to another "when is this mod coming out question" that has been polluting this thread for so long. It doesn't matter. From now on he can make his accounts and we'll keep banning them. He'll keep doing it until he gets tired of it. Just ignore him because this person isn't worth it. It's our job now to deal with these kind of idiots.

Archived