MVP 08

compmaniac

At this point I don't think anyone's complaining about the modders. We're complaining about the people at MLB not updating the pressbox photos.

This might sound a bit out there, but do you think they know we use those photos year in and year out and they are holding them back as long as possible because of us? I would not put anything past MLB.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might sound a bit out there, but do you think they know we use those photos year in and year out and they are holding them back as long as possible because of us? I would not put anything past MLB.

I don't think you are far out at all; in fact, I think that is exactly why those photos are not out yet. Another possibility is EA Sports is in on this as well.

No. My paper has not gotten our set of the D*Backs from the team yet. They usually send them to us.

Then again the getty images have their watermarks posted over the face. It is a copyright violation so it is entirely possible.

lol @ "voltron" :)

before this conspiracy theory stuff gets out of hand, if it's really a concern i would suggest a moderator drop mlb + ea a note to ask about the status of the pressbox photos. like themadcap says, it's not like they don't know about this community, but i really doubt they'd go to these lengths just to ward off inclusion of the photos into a video game.

Someone was just saying they think EA is talking to MLB about holding back the pressbox photos just so you guys can't finish updating the game.

On another note that fits this thread....

Does anyone know if the Jays Powder Blue uniforms are going to be installed into the game? (I know they're available for download, just wondering if they'll be incorporated into MVP 08)

kccity/bigrog - see the previous page of this thread. the only way it makes any sense is if EA is somehow silently fuming about the work being done here (you'd think they'd have sent a cease + desist by now if that were the case) and as part of any future licensing deals they have with mlb, they requested a hold on the pressbox photos.

i think it's a bunch of wild conjecture due to anxiety about the photos not being released yet. like i said, before this kind of talk gets out of hand (which, i might add, it really hasn't, and i don't think it will, and now i'm the only one talking about it, which is the greatest irony of all) someone with greater authority than i should just drop a note to the proper contacts at mlb and request a soft date for the release of the photos.

edit: this might also be a terrible idea, too, if it's related to the boards. mlb claims to not have known about steroids, so what's to stop them from claiming they don't know about mvpmods :wink:

Seeing that EA no longer has a license to deal with MLB, I highly doubt that they can make anyone hold back a release of photos. MLB is alot bigger than EA. They havnt sent a statement to Trues about disabling the site, as far as we know, or he would have told us by now. All this is, is just alot of conspiracy theory. When the photos are released, and they will be released, Kraw will let us know. I think he was being sarcastic with the 4th of december. It just gets frustrating when everyone keeps asking about a release, and its the same every year. I for one, didnt think one would be released, so I didnt hold out hope. I never hold out hope, because you never know what can happen from day to day. As soon as the photos are released, we will have our 08 mod...................just leave it be until its released!!!

I stop in from time to time to check on new rosters and whatnot but when its ready its ready.

In all honesty without this mod and its previous variations of I likely wouldnt be a playing computer baseball which pretty much means I wouldnt be playing any type of baseball.

When its done its done and I appreciate all the work that goes into the mod and I thank you all and look forward to your future releases. Dont let people rush you all as im sure you dont.

Thanks again.

Hello, I was curious as to when the players and coaches headshots would be updated on http://pressbox.mlb.com/pressbox/headshots/index.jsp that link. The season has already started, yet all the people who moved teams are not updated yet. These pictures are normally high res, yet still not up. Just wondering if there is a time table. Thanks and please get back to me with actual information.

just sent them that email

I think they're up; I just got a face full of Manny Delcarmen (ew...that sounds gross). The problem is that they're not packaged; you'd have to click EACH INDIVIDUAL FACE to download them. But they're extremely high res, to the point where I noticed where Delco's goatee is thinner.

Oh, and major, MAJOR thanks to Kraw, Trues and the whole crew working to get this mod out. I've been playing since MVP 06, and I can't wait for the next iteration; I'm sure it'll blow me away. Keep up the good work!

So what? When MVP 08 comes out, all the guys will have updated faces and hats and such, its no big deal. Who cares what hat he's wearing though? Take a look at Jesse Litsch on the Jays and honestly tell me that you didn't laugh out loud. As long as they are on the right team, I don't see how it matters...

hey guys, I've never posted here, though I've lurked around for many years now. First of all i want to say is thank you so much for doing such a fantastic job with the conversion mods.

the community over at football-freaks.com is currently trying to undertake a similar project with Madden being taken off the PC market. though we are very limited with the modabillity of the game, we are doing what we can.

one of the questions the came to head, was one of the ability to use logos within the mod and in graphics for the mod... i was wondering if you guys had run into any legal troubles when creating the mod, as one in our community had suggest could happen?

thanks a ton guys,

-B

P.S. Keep up the awesome work, i'm a graphic designer by trade, so if you guys ever need any help with graphics / mod logos ect, id be more than willing to help out!

Archived