MVP 08

compmaniac

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

greenelucky just asked if the photos are important. I dont think we need to jump his butt for asking a question. There are many other pieces to the puzzle that may not be finished like the stadium updates ( i have only seen a couple), any uni changes, walkupmusic, camera angles, rosters, etc....last years version probably had a couple guys who came from minors who had no photo or were traded early and had wrong uni on. I dont think he intended a malicious attack on the modders saying to forget everything you hold important and release it now.

Quick question about the 2008 MOD. Will Manny Ramirez have his dreads? That'd be sick.

Jogar did a cyberface for him a while back which is one of the best faces ever released and that one has his dreads. So it all depends on which face the 08 team will include.

I'm going to kill you with my bare hands.

That question has been asked, AND ANSWERED, ad nausem.

Nonetheless, I will answer this question, again. :)

my question is, have the pressbox photos been released yet?

Partially. The 08 mod is waiting on the pressbox photos. The pressbox photos are partially released. There MAY be more coming. There MAY NOT be. No one knows except the pressbox people - and no one is in contact with them. So, when more updates are made at pressbox, or when it becomes clear no more updates are forthcoming, it is likely that work on the 08 mod will be able to be completed, and then it will be released.

There is no set timetable, or even any reasonable guesses as to when ANY of these events will (or will not) occur.

"When it's done."

Hope this answers your question.

EDIT: Also, I just want to point out that you're not supposed to have text AND a graphic in your sig. It's obviously not a super-big deal, but it is against the posted signature rules. So, I would suggest you change it soon. (Link: RULES PAGE).

In order to get the kind of quality the 08 mod-team is looking for, they need the high-res quality photos, and photoshopping that level of detail would end up looking like crap, unless you spent an incredible amount of time on each one, and nobody has that kind of time. It will literally be faster just to wait for the pressbox photos. Any important remaining ones may be photoshopped at some point, but that would be on an individual basis.

As for the number of photos - they want accurate and current portraits for all the players, basically.

and why not do an incomplete release without the pressboxes (version 0.75 or somthing) which can be released for the people really whining about it and wanting to play with it and then once we get all the press boxes just release?

I have no idea about actual number figures.

And the 08-team decides when it will be released, no one else. They don't cater to the "whiners." They're not getting paid for their work, so the only compensation they will recieve is their level of pride in their finished product. So, if they choose NOT to release an incomplete work, that is their perogative. To the best of my knowledge, there are completely 100% set AGAINST releasing anything partial, because they hope to have as few "updates" neccesary as possible.

According to one of the primary members of the 08-team, the mod will NOT be released before the portraits are finished, and that requires the pressbox photos.

oh, they're about 88%/100 done on average. that's good. looks like the breakdown of what's needed is this. looks like once the potraits and stadiums are done there's very little work left.

50% Potraits

33% Stadiums

8% Overlay

7% Installer

2% Models.big

Just asking a question about pressbox photos {i know, there's been ALot of these} but are the portraits that are left whole teams, or indvidual players? If so, who and ill check the pressbox photos as much as possible so i can help out and tell you guys.

Oh and these mvp mods are amazing.

They have to be really close by now. Unless I am wrong with the pressbox pictures. Anyone know if all the pressbox photos got updated yet? I know a while ago they started updating, people like gagne were updated.

The reason guys like Corey Patterson and Reed Johnson have not been updated (I imagine) is that they were late off-season acquisitions (Johnson was signed in the last couple weeks of Spring Training). I bet Kyle Lohse hasn't been updated either.

EDIT: Lohse is updated. My bad.

Archived