MVP 08

compmaniac

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHENS MVP 08 COMING OUT x 5,000,000,000,000 infinity +1 anything you say no takebacks.

Now the MVP mod won't come out for 5,000,000,000,000 days so we can end it as a topic of discussion. Now MVP 09, there's a new topic.

Is Citi Field, New Yankee Stadium, all the future stadiums and real rosters going to be in MvP 09!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHENS MVP 08 COMING OUT x 5,000,000,000,000 infinity +1 anything you say no takebacks.

Now the MVP mod won't come out for 5,000,000,000,000 days so we can end it as a topic of discussion. Now MVP 09, there's a new topic.

Is Citi Field, New Yankee Stadium, all the future stadiums and real rosters going to be in MvP 09!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Actually I am looking forward to 08 rather than 09 now.

The best news is that MLB pressbox pictures are finally up to date and are also available in hi-res. (100% sure)

Don't believe it? See for yourselves :

MLB Headshots

So the 08 mod will be coming out in one to two weeks from today hopefully (according to Krawitham).

Looking forward to it :hail:

Actually I am looking forward to 08 rather than 09 now.

The best news is that MLB pressbox pictures are finally up to date and are also available in hi-res. (100% sure)

Don't believe it? See for yourselves :

MLB Headshots

So the 08 mod will be coming out in one to two weeks from today hopefully (according to Krawitham).

Looking forward to it :hail:

Where did you read Kraw saying it would be out one to two weeks from today?

No. Kraw, at one point, said it would likely be 1 to 2 weeks after the updated Pressbox photos are released.

It was just an estimate, and a very rough estimate at that.

The pressbox photos have been partially updated. As kg said, this may be as updated as they get - since not every player gets a new one every year. OR, they may still be uploading the photos. Not quite clear yet.

BUT - when it seems that the Pressbox photos are as updated as they're going to get, the portraits (and probably a few cyberfaces) will be updated, and then sometime relatively soon-ish after that the 08 mod will PROBABLY be ready.

But there is still NO set timetable for it's release, and there never will be.

The 08 mod has always been a "when it is done" project. This isn't a corporation releasing a game, this is a bunch of modders doing this in their free time.

The 08 mod has always been a "when it is done" project. This isn't a corporation releasing a game, this is a bunch of modders doing this in their free time.

And doing an incredible job! I can't count how many times I've been amazed by the mods here!

Are these photos really that important to this? Especially when we know not all the players get updated every year, even if they change teams.

Yes, they are very important. If it's important for the modding team to want them in the game then that is a good enough reason for me.

Are these photos really that important to this? Especially when we know not all the players get updated every year, even if they change teams.

The group of individuals that make up the "MVP08 Team" decide what is important to their mod. No one else. Just because you would be happy with a release that includes out-of-date portraits (etc), does not mean they would be happy with it.

Let me repeat what I said before:

This is not a release coming from a company that is looking for profits, so they want to rush it to market, to make the most money, as quickly as possible.

This is a group of people doing this in their spare time, (for the most part) for FREE.

So, if they have their own ideas and standards for when it is done, then that is the end of that discussion.

It doesn't matter what the rest of the peanut gallery thinks makes the mod "ready" or "done" - only what the creaters think matters in this resepect.

If that upsets people, or makes them mad, or whatever - all I can say is: Too bad.

I still fail to understand how people can possibly have the unmitigated nerve to COMPLAIN about how long it's taking to get a mod that they in no way have contributed to or paid for.

It's like complaining when someone is doing a favor for you. Like this: HEY MARK, WHERE THE HECK IS THAT INFO ON NEW PC COMPONENTS YOU TOLD ME YOU'D GET ME??? Sometime this century, eh? (lol).

Anyway - all I'm saying is - folks, this mod will be ready when it's ready. All signs point to that date rapidly approaching - but there is still no set timetable or release date. I'm sorry if that's not a pleasant answer to your questions, but the fact remains that that is the ONLY ANSWER THERE IS.

I have a question that I'll throw in here instead of starting a new thread since it's somewhat related...

I want to play a Spring Training in dynasty mode with KG's 2008 rosters while I wait for the full 08 mod to be released. The only issue is that when you first start a dynasty it takes you to the regular season and you don't get to Spring Training until the following Spring.

Is there anyway around this? Anyway to freeze the rosters for a year or load KG's after one year of dynasty?

Thanks.

I find it funny that the same type of people who want the mod to be released right now without it being 100% completed are the same type of people who complain that EA games are nothing more than roster updates. Guys, the people who mod on this board are stinkin' amazing. Let them take their time to make the best game possible.

If you don't care about new pics or new features and what a rush-released game, go download MVP 07, a roster update, new uni's, and shut up about it.

Archived