MVP 08

compmaniac

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I'm as good to contributing nothing as the next guy.

The truth is most people can't contribute anything to the making of this mod. There's only a numbered group of modders that work on this and that's that. What all us others can do is just give them our support and most of all, patience. Patience most of all. That would be a great contribution.

The truth is most people can't contribute anything to the making of this mod. There's only a numbered group of modders that work on this and that's that. What all us others can do is just give them our support and most of all, patience. Patience most of all. That would be a great contribution.

Very Nicely said.

I love how you have the knowledge and the credibility to make such a bold statement. Oh yeah, you spelt canceled wrong.

well, you can spell it both ways. maybe u should re-evaluated your own crediblity. the way i see it is only fair that i can f*** around with everyone if kraw picks a release date of dec 4th. anyways serious question, can some please fix jacoby ellsbury cyberface from 07?, he looks like the kid from Big Boy restaurants... no offense to whoever made his.

theres no need to act like that. i know where the link is... and im not saying i could do better. but that doesn't change the fact that it could be a lot better. hence why i used the word please.

So then try and make one yourself, rather then asking someone else to do it. You may enjoy modding, if you gave it a shot.

How about just taking away posting privileges from people who are constantly being selfish and an annoyance in this and other threads like it?

I'm not saying a ban, let them have their precious downloads, but way too many people are acting like the 08 crew is on a million dollar payroll and OWE it to us to make this game.

Personally I would have quit along time ago and told off half the forum, but I commend you guys for not having done the same, and appreciate everything you're doing.

DAMN RIGHT . These guys could just keep this to themselves (the ones who have the talent to acutally take a 3yr old game and make it recent.) Just think 3yrs ago there was just PS2 and orginal xbox. Play any game from then and laugh at how far behind it is. I owe all the fun I have with this game to these people, without them my game would be so outdated no matter how good the gameplay was i would never think of playing it. It would be in a 3dollar bin somewhere. Am I dying to play the newest version...YES, so thats why we all should just wait think of the alternative playing mlb08 or mlb2k8 thinking "man i wish they could have made this a little more like MVP Baseball 2005". Thats all these guys are trying to do continue the greatest baseball game that ever was. Much props to everyone who has contributed to every version of this game . Thanks and GO RED SOX ;)

How about just taking away posting privileges from people who are constantly being selfish and an annoyance in this and other threads like it?

I'm not saying a ban, let them have their precious downloads, but way too many people are acting like the 08 crew is on a million dollar payroll and OWE it to us to make this game.

Personally I would have quit along time ago and told off half the forum, but I commend you guys for not having done the same, and appreciate everything you're doing.

I don't know if that can be done. I don't know if the board's software is set up for that, but only Trues would know that for sure. But I think it would be a great idea if that happened.

The same people that are crying and complaining about the 08 mod not being out today are the same ones who did it when the 06 and 07 mod was released. Now I know that you and 99% of these people are not pressuring them, but it just takes those small minority of people that ruin it for everyone. How many times can I come in here and stress patience and to ask those people to pass their time away with other season mods in the meantime before this comes out? I am sure they don't listen to that as much as they don't listen to Krawhitham when he says he is tired of these people posting this stuff.

Probably the best thing to do in this case from here on out is to make a list of all these complainers and take full access away from them and only return it once the 08 mod is out, or a few days after it is out since we want to be able to download it first.

Well said rolliefingers.....the 08 crew deserves to be on a million dollar payroll!!! Keep it up fellas.

They at least deserve to have twice the payroll of anyone that worked on MLB 08 or MLB 2K8 since they're taking a 3 year old game and making it better than the brand new product those companies are rolling out.

Hey look, KC and BigRog are having a "Who Can Be Less Help?" contest!

I want in! I'm normally no help at all!

EDIT:

LINK: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...5/start=30.html

There - the new Nats park has been being worked on, and should be ready WID. (When It's Done).

Thanks. I wasn't sure if that was a separate mod or being incorporated into this one. Thank you for your help.

I have never modded myself, and I do not have the time. People who have created this site have been as generous as anyone that I have ever met. This creation is incredible. It is pure luck that someone like me can work all day and get home and continuously have the major leagues in my home. I play games with players before they are on their new teams. I have played Spring Training games in Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale before actually going to the real scheduled game in person.

Thank you for making this update. If the MVP 08 was never made, I would only say thankyou and be on my way. And anyone who complains about something that doesn't mod is not worthy of this game.

Forgive me for sounding like a schmuck but has the MVP08 mod been released yet or is it still a work in progress? I'm guessing from my search on here that it's still a work in progress.

Oh yeah, MVP07 is a great piece of work. :o)

Ah geez. NO, it is not out yet, but YES it is being worked on.

There is no REAL predicted date for its release, but it can NOT be released before certain things are settled in REAL LIFE, like advertisements on stadium walls, the press-box photos of the players (the 2008 versions), and some semblance of opening-day rosters have to be settled on.

So, it's coming. Soon-ish. But before opening day seems unlikely. And that's barring any unforseen setbacks.

So let's just go with December 4th, 2008.

I think this thread should be closed until further notice. Getting embarrassing here. :ninja:

If you don't mind, we'll make the decisions to close any threads around here. We've been doing just fine so far without your input. But if that changes in the future, I will be sure to let you know.

Archived