Official Political (Republican/Democrat) Debate Thread

DJEagles

I don't buy into polls. Where do they do these anyways. I wanna be in a poll =D

btw dig the new avy kg =P

I don't either. They all depend on so many factors like how they gather the votes, when they gather them, etc. So, if they conduct it mostly through land-line phone, they'll get more old people and less young people. If they do it online, it's vice versa. However, the Reuters/Zogby poll has a reputation of being very accurate, except it got the '04 elections wrong because it said Kerry was going to crush Bush.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCain:

* Stop with the Boeing deal. You were in bed with Boeing lobbyists at the time.

* Stop with the 42k lie. Factcheck has ripped that apart repeatedly.

Obama:

* Iraq does not have a 79b surplus. It used to, it's 49b now.

There's a lot more stuff.

McCain = the most negative ads on TV

every morning I go to school what do i see on TV every morning? another McCain on Obama attack.

Really? I haven't seen a single McCain ad in about 6 weeks. I guess that means McCain gave up on NH.

The popularization of television helped kill Richard Nixon in the 1960 Debates because he had to go up in the looks department against John F. Kennedy. Will High Definition, and TV in general, do the thing to John McCain? Who lets a Presidential candidate go on TV in front of millions of people who own High Definition TVs, my friends, with yellow teeth and red eyes?

You can get your teeth whitened for $30 using white strips. It looks like John McCain drinks coffee from a beer bong everyday, his teeth are so yellow. The people who deal with his appearance should be fired on the spot.

Once again, John McCain comes off as angry and condescending. I would really like to see the gloves come off even more between these two.

Edit: Why didn't Obama drop the "McCain was a keynote speaker at a 2006 ACORN event" bomb? That would have killed McCain right then and there. That argument would have been over.

The popularization of television helped kill Richard Nixon in the 1960 Debates because he had to go up in the looks department against John F. Kennedy. Will High Definition, and TV in general, do the thing to John McCain? Who lets a Presidential candidate go on TV in front of millions of people who own High Definition TVs, my friends, with yellow teeth and red eyes?

You can get your teeth whitened for $30 using white strips. It looks like John McCain drinks coffee from a beer bong everyday, his teeth are so yellow. The people who deal with his appearance should be fired on the spot.

Once again, John McCain comes off as angry and condescending. I would really like to see the gloves come off even more between these two.

Edit: Why didn't Obama drop the "McCain was a keynote speaker at a 2006 ACORN event" bomb? That would have killed McCain right then and there. That argument would have been over.

exactly he should of said many things.

Obama, to me, seems almost too nice to turn this into a "McCain is a piece of ****" debate, even though he'd probably be entitled. McCain seems, to me, like an angry old man who doesn't like the up-and-coming whippersnapper on the block.

If anything, Obama is missing opportunities because of his limiting insults and corrections to McCain. A good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

Gotta love McCain calling Obama "Senator Government", which caused a few laughs in the background.

McCain attack ads are on every commercial break here in Indiana. The really harsh ones aren't coming from McCain, they are coming from the Republican National Committee.

Lies like those coming from a party who lean on morals. BULLCRAP!

McCain attack ads are on every commercial break here in Indiana. The really harsh ones aren't coming from McCain, they are coming from the Republican National Committee.

Lies like those coming from a party who lean on morals. BULLCRAP!

Thx you.

there are too many attack ads on Obama and it's really unnessassary

McCain won this debate pretty clearly, something he hadn't even come close to doing in the other debates.

Though, it doesn't matter. He lost this election when the Stock Market crashed.

He missed his perfect opportunity to drill Obama though. "I want to spend the next 3 weeks talking about the economy."

McCain should have said, "Great, then we can have bi-weekly town hall meetings and you'll get that chance. See you on Friday!"

McCain should have said, "Great, then we can have bi-weekly town hall meetings and you'll get that chance. See you on Friday!"

I don't get this, McCain wants something, and now Obama's a bad guy for not capitulating to some stupid request? Obama has a huge monetary advantage because he excited the base, and it's a good strategy from McCain, but this whining about it afterwards is just ridic.

No, Obama is doing exactly what he did to Hillary Clinton. He wants to build a 10 point lead midway through the 3rd quarter and then fall on the ball as much as possible, punt the ball out of bounds and run the prevent.

He can't say out one side of his mouth he wants to debate the issues and then not show up to debate the issues.

Why did he even show up tonight? All he did was regurgitate the same responses he had in the previous 2 debates. The only thing new he said tonight was that his Supreme Court justices had to approve of Roe v Wade...and he said it only in 3,500 words!

McCain won this debate pretty clearly, something he hadn't even come close to doing in the other debates.

My friends, I have to disagree. Although I'll say John McCain did better than other debates, he came off just as angry and condescending as before. Those of us who are already decided do not care, but those who aren't, do. Barack Obama came off as more likable and a better leader; and this isn't me speaking, it's the polls. 57% of independents thought that Obama won, which is not a "clear" victory for McCain at all.

John McCain, and Barack Obama as well, did nothing different but emphasized the William Ayers issue. It was all a regurgitation of talking points from both sides. The only true difference is that John McCain came off more crotchety than before.

No, Obama is doing exactly what he did to Hillary Clinton. He wants to build a 10 point lead midway through the 3rd quarter and then fall on the ball as much as possible, punt the ball out of bounds and run the prevent.

When you run an excellent campaign, as Barack Obama has, you don't have to do anything. You mention him building a 10 point lead, but how has he done that? By appearing calm and collected in debates, as opposed to angry and condescending like John McCain. By picking nominees who weren't going to sink him after two weeks. By not relying on gimmicks and "gamechangers" like suspending your campaign.

People don't get big leads in the polls by screwing up. Barack Obama has run up the score on John McCain so far because he's playing the right moves, which is appealing to the middle class (A group John McCain has mentioned TWICE in all three debates).

He can't say out one side of his mouth he wants to debate the issues and then not show up to debate the issues.

With all due respect to anyone, but are any John McCain supporters in a position to imply that Barack Obama is a flip-flopper? Is this a debate we really want to get into?

Let's get something clear about these debates. This isn't about policy, or plans, or hope, or change, or whatever, as much as they are face time and talking points. It's likability. The people who are influenced greatly by these debates are people who are influenced by body language and facial expressions and not substance.

Even if John McCain did have substance, he would not win a debate because he comes off as an angry old coot and a condescending *******. These debates are essentially an hour and a half long advertisement, and John McCain has a terrible marketing department.

Archived