2K10 Moddable

DonSPa

well im installing 2k10 right now and as i was waiting i was curious to see if the iff editor would work and looks as though 2k10 will be able to be modded.So far it worked on the global and still waiting for the stadium and uni files to finish loading

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok something different than last year,i dont remember the players heads being able to be moddable but this year the player head models can be opened which could lead to a good artist to work on player heads,that would have to be someone elses skill though ,not mine lolololo

dang one area i was hoping that they would let be moddable is portraits but the iff editor still wont open those,well the game is installed so gonna play now

it might be like it was for the basketball where they had to write a program for those, over @ nlsc, some one has made a 100% working editor, you might be able to convert it with that, i'll try n find it, for you.

edit don, i was able to find a site that has alot of useful tools on it, for nba 2k10 maybe u can use some of this, hope it helps ya.

http://downloads.moddingway.com/index.php?game=5

ps. i think the program was pulled, because i couldn't find it through search function, how ever i was able to find a thread discussion about ppl saying how to make them, and how to get them in the game, so maybe you could apply this method as well, hope it helps.

bases.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=72199

i really think it can be moddable mark because the files open in iff editor.There are portraits that i have no clue why they didnt change.Pirates young still has the dodgers and he played a full season for the pirates and so im sure theres many more.at the moment im getting frustrated cause i cant play the game.My controller wont respond in games to swing or anything so i may have to switch controllers.The set up is quite confusing as well and gonna take time to learn

appears that the stadiums should be able to be modded as far as like last year the ads,i didnt really look a whole lot just to see what can be changed.The unis i say probally can be but is different from last year, for example we were able to change colors of the numbers but this year i didnt see the numbers in the iff editor so im not sure if they changed places to where they put the numbers or what.Sometime this week ill look more into it to see where everything is at.Right now im getting very frustrated with the game.Right now im not liking the control setup.For some reason i cant substitute players,the substitute menu wont open for me and also when i set the controls up how i want them ,they end up changing back.The game looks sweet just the controls are aggrivating.What i do like is the closeup view when u steal a base and i can strike out batters.Fielding im having a hard time turning double plays but that could be just me or maybe a slider tweak thats needed.

i tried that as well,i clicked the xp compatable option and still couldnt get it to work maybe someone else can figure it out ohh and i found out that i couldnt get tys roster editor to work on the 2k10 rosters so looks like we may need another roster editor

be i havet even tried the editor in 7 i did have it running on vista, but i cant remeber how as that was awhile ago. if cant run in 7 naturally then try the natural comp modes or try running with the xp viruatal mode, i'd think it run in that.

Found something that will run in Windows 7 - NBA2K10 Modding Tool

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a08024c/n/Nba2K10_ModTool_rar

It exports to .dds so you'll need the plug-in for Photoshop or Gimp to edit them.

I have not worked with a .dds file before, but I'm going to see what I can do...

Archived