Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL If you wanted the big names of Madden, you shoulda gotten LT, Peyton Manning, and Randy Moss....All the guys online abuse those three....

And it's good, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of how each of the players is blended in differently. Young is easily the most visible (almost look he's just pasted in)...and Lights Out looks like he was just kinda "thrown in there"....

I do like LT's look though....

Strangely enough, no brushes and no c4ds. I actually used some stocks from National Sig League while I was browsing around tonight - first time I've ever done a sig without brushes or c4d. The font is Myriad Pro Condensed Bold.

EDIT: Taking one request tonight.

-dan

Strangely enough, no brushes and no c4ds. I actually used some stocks from National Sig League while I was browsing around tonight - first time I've ever done a sig without brushes or c4d. The font is Myriad Pro Condensed Bold.

EDIT: Taking one request tonight.

-dan

Thanks Dan. Its really impressive that you were able to create that sig without using brushes or c4ds.

Apple sig it is - I'll make two, you can pick one and I'll take the other.

redsox, that is probably your best yet. Only thing or two I'd suggest is just using a 1px black border instead of a colored one. Also, maybe create a layer on top of everything else and brush the edges around with black - I'm not a fan of sigs with objects trailing off the left and right sides. If you do that, you might not even need a border.

One more thing ( :p ) - Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Color Balance. Play around with the sliders.

-dan

brandonjacobskx9.jpg

n00b sig...LOL

Please criticize so I can make it better! Thanks!

EDIT- And one more thing, how can I add a border? Thanks a lot everyone! And I noticed the last name, it will be fixed!

It definitely looks good. One thing I would suggest though would be to try another font, add some depth to it. Also, try utilizing the color balance that Dan was talking about in an earlier post - it really does make the pic look more appealing.

This is what I do to add a border:

- Create a new layer and select the rectangle marquee tool.

- At the top, chose fixed size for style and choose your width and height to be 2 px smaller than your image size.

- press ctrl+shift+i to invert your selection.

- press ctrl and the plus character (+) to zoom into your pic, I usually go upto about 1200x.

- Now choose your paint bucket tool and select a color of your choosing and paint the selected area.

- press ctrl+D to deselect your selection.

I usually add some effects after that to make the border more appealing.

- Goto blending options, and add Drop Shadow, outer glow, and a stroke of 1 px (choose a contrasting color to the one you selected above).

Now, the easiest way to add a border, if you don't want to add the different effects, is the press ctrl+shift+e to merge all the layers. Then goto blending options and select stroke. Choose inside for the position and the color and size of your choice. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Make sure that you don't save your file after you have merged all your layers. There is not a way to get the layers back again if you save the file as a merged document and exit Photoshop.

Im a "noob" in Photoshop, please critize or coment about my sig/avatar

Yaquiss.png

yaquismyteamcopy.png

I am really liking it, especially the background. Maybe you could shrink the far right picture (not Almezga, but the other one), just a tad bit and bring it down. Also, try to duplicate the layers for the pics and try different layer effects like multiply, overlay, soft light, etc... I think lens flare would also make it look more appealing, as long as it is used with care. I personally sometimes tend to overuse the effect but I have slowly gotten a hang of it.